First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 2-Door, Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wondering if anyone else is having trouble with Waze (or other GPS) using CarPlay on Sync. Often when I start up, the Waze app runs on the screen, but it can’t seem to locate where I am. It will show whatever it’s last known location was (wherever I stopped last).

Other GPS apps (google maps, Apple Maps) work fine, so it is not the GOS ir Bluetooth connection. This also happens when connected on USB.

Thanks
Sponsored

chill57

Outer Banks
First Name
Clesson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven’t had that issue when I’ve used Waze, or any other.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup. After I got the latest OTA update I noticed that my Waze was having the same issue(s) as you're describing.

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have encountered the same issue. Unless I need to use Waze or Google Maps, I toggle Location Services to Off. This seems to affect Waze when I toggle Location Services to On, and try to immediately use Waze (same issue as you are experiencing where it remembers the last known location). But, if I keep Location Services On, Waze functions perfectly.

OP
OP
D Rock

D Rock

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 2-Door, Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have encountered the same issue. Unless I need to use Waze or Google Maps, I toggle Location Services to Off. This seems to affect Waze when I toggle Location Services to On, and try to immediately use Waze (same issue as you are experiencing where it remembers the last known location). But, if I keep Location Services On, Waze functions perfectly.
Not making any changes to location services, but could try toggling it off and on.

Sponsored

brettly

Black Diamond
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond,1990 K1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm seeing the same thing. It's not every time, but it happens regularly. If I launch it on the phone, it seems to work properly but it defeats the purpose of having access on the dash if I still need to unlock my phone and launch the app. It's definitely specific to Waze, I haven't seen it with the other maps.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve had it happen with Waze only a few times. I usually close out the app and use another for the time being. The next time it will work. Haven’t figured out why or any good reason for it.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same issue here. Thought I was the only one. Happens about every other day. Ironically only on my way home from work, but works fine going to work 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Restart your phone, open Waze, verify GPS is connected or not searching, then connect to the Bronco.

I have to restart my phone from time to time when i land and GPS doesn't connect right away.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve had this happen with other vehicles. Seems to be an issue with my phone primarily. Happened frequently with my iPhone 7 but infrequently with my iPhone 13 mini.

Sponsored

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same here. I used to be able to just jack with the on screen display and do things like re-center the map to get it to find me, but that trick stopped working around the time of the last iOS update. Even closing the app and opening it again doesn't work. I either have to do a soft reset on Car Play (hold down the power button and fast forward/track skip arrow button for a few seconds) and fully reconnect or just restart my phone.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This happened all the time with Waze for me, even before I got the bronco. I quit using Waze entirely just because the GPS never seems to work.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
strange cant remember ever having a problem with waze. I also regularly cycle my phone on and off. I have latest update on Bronco as well.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same here. I used to be able to just jack with the on screen display and do things like re-center the map to get it to find me, but that trick stopped working around the time of the last iOS update. Even closing the app and opening it again doesn't work. I either have to do a soft reset on Car Play (hold down the power button and fast forward/track skip arrow button for a few seconds) and fully reconnect or just restart my phone.
love your Pic ... had one of them myself
Ford Bronco No GPS on Waze in CarPlay old bronco

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had this with Waze specifically on my iPhone as well. Happens in my truck from time to time too. Quitting the app and restarting (then resuming my trip) almost always works. I figure it's something between Apple and/or Waze, but I could absolutely be wrong. Not consistent enough for me to look further than the fix I already have.
Sponsored