Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sourced from BN forums:

Answered Questions from Last Week:
QuestionAnswer
Manual sasquatch is still not in the B&P, what gives?Sasquatch on manual transmission Broncos has been pushed to the 2022 MY.
Any manual lumbar adjustment on seat?Both powered and manual seats have lumbar adjustments.
Is the B&P accurate with no manual and Squatch combo on the Base even as late availability? States can't pair Advanced 4x4 with manual on Base?Advanced 4x4 is available on Base as part of the Sasquatch Package. The Sasquatch Package requires an Automatic transmission until the 22MY.
What date will we be able to convert our reservations to orders?Mid January
Will the electrical and washer connections for the hard top be included if only a soft top is ordered?No only hard top, and the late availability dual top trucks will have those connections.
The Bronco used for the second how to video, did that have the headliner or not?It did not have the sound deadening headliner.
Have we heard the rating on the 12V outlets?
Also, are they two prong or three?
There is a 150 Watt plug that comes as part of the Mid Package with three prongs, and the fuse is rated to 40 A. The 12V auxillary power points have fuses rated to 20 A. When you switch the Bronco on, you can use the socket to power 12 V appliances with a maximum current rating of 20 A. Ford doesn't recommend using the power point over the vehicle capacity of 12 V DC 240 W or a fuse could blow. In total, the Bronco provides 400 watts when in park and up to 300 watts when in drive mode. This wattage is divided between multiple outlets when in use at the same time.
What's up with no soft-top for two door Broncos?There will be a dealer installed accessory soft top that will be available for order at launch. It's made by Bestop and will be a full weather tight top.
The four-door Bronco's length is listed at 189". Does that include the spare tire protrusion past the rear bumper?189.4 inches includes the spare tire.
LED tail lights...Available with Outer Banks and up trim levels only or will they be a part of the signature lighting on the Big Bend?LED taillights come standard on Outer Banks, Badlands, Wildtrack, and First Edition.
LED taillights are a part of the Signature Lighting option that is available on Big Bend.
Will we be able to order the Advanced 4x4 System on the Base and Big Bend models without the Sasquatch package?No.
Will the electrical connections for a hardtop be pre-installed on a Bronco ordered with a soft top? Or, will this need to be added separately?No, they will not.

Last edited: Yesterday at 12:59 PM
Sponsored

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wow, definitely want a hard top now.

OP
OP
Citikill

Citikill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was planning on getting a BL with just the soft top and get the white hard top later on but if there is no hookups this may change what I plan to do.....

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay y’all - does jeep pull this same bullshit? Or is it time for us to admit that Ford is hosing us?

Sponsored

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay y’all - does jeep pull this same bullshit? Or is it time for us to admit that Ford is hosing us?
Jeep is the same. Why would a manufacturer spend the money to run wiring and a washer tube to the rear of thousands of Broncos/Jeeps for the very small percentage of people that would end up buying a hardtop at a later date?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep is the same. Why would a manufacturer spend the money to run wiring and a washer tube to the rear of thousands of Broncos/Jeeps for the very small percentage of people that would end up buying a hardtop at a later date?
Because it's almost no cost to do it during manufacturing, and makes it very easy for people to buy a high margin hard top from Ford later....if it's a pain in the butt, less people do it. This is particularly the case with Bronco with white tops and modulars coming later.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because it's almost no cost to do it during manufacturing, and makes it very easy for people to buy a high margin hard top from Ford later....if it's a pain in the butt, less people do it. This is particularly the case with Bronco with white tops and modulars coming later.
I bet the (even if small) expense of adding the parts to every bronco is still more than the margins on alllll the people who buy the soft top but then later decide they want to add a hard top.

(I've only ever known of people going the other way... buy the hard top, then sell it on CL because they end up preferring the soft top.... granted the Mod Top situation makes things more interesting with the bronco)

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, definitely want a hard top now.
Agree. Was going to get a soft top then order a body color modular later but I guess I need to get the MIC now.

Or do we think we can add connections if we order a modular later?

Sponsored

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There won’t be 1% of buyers that purchase a hard top at a later date. . If someone is willing to drop 3k+ on a hard top they aren’t going to change their mind over the cost of a harness.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Back when I was going with the hard top, I figured I'd leave the connections unhooked anyway, for ease of install/uninstall....I'm still wondering why BD is the only trim that can't have the LED tails (or sign. lights that I don't want anyway. Just weird.)

dano0726

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Original Jeep soft top owner here -- purchased a used hard top later and assumed the additional harness would be an easy installation...

I was very, very wrong -- Jeep required to change the turn signal stalk and the wiring from the steering wheel all the way to the back glass (for the wiper to function and the washer fluid to flow)
Sponsored