Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I usually lease my vehicles and on occasion buy the vehicle if I really like it. The lease payment Is usually much lower than a payment When buying and gives the me flexibility to walk. My build price is coming to $42,000+ 10% down and payments of ~ $740. Granted no A plan calculated but that's significantly higher than my current lease payment on my Explorer XLT. I called my dealer about extending the lease ending in Jan and was told they would extend it since I have a deposit on the Bronco. He did say he wasn't sure at this time if they will have a lease option. I said I won't be making payments of over $700 a month so if no lease - no deal.
PS I really like my 2018 Explorer XLT Iconic Silver with Sport appearance pkg. I'll consider keeping it if the Bronco comes in too high.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They will lease it, they would be dumb not to.

OP
OP
Hornet

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Or if no lease option I hate to say I may go Willys in silver or military green.
Ford Bronco No lease 714DFB32-542F-482D-8670-43AF32C55C72

MikeBravo

Badlands
First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford doesn't offer a "Ford Financial" lease offer or even an attractive one, you can likely get a lease through another bank, sometimes at savings anyway. It's tough to guess what the money factor and residual will be on a 1st year (back) model though, so we'll have to wait and see how attractive that is. Supposedly the bronco sport has residuals between 45-60%. The reason Jeep Wrangler leases so well is that they see residuals of over 65% sometimes 70% (trim depending) and a money factor of 0.002 sometimes even 0.0018. Here's a simple lease calculator I found online where you can play around with the numbers and get an idea: https://www.calculator.net/auto-lease-calculator.html

You can also build out an F-150 to the approx build price of the Bronco, removed any incentives, and calculated lease that way. It's not a silver bullet as many other factors apply, but I think it should give us a good guesstimate.

Ultimately, I'd say don't get too attached to a payment scenario because it will depend on how risky the bank is willing to get and how good of a residual value it will assign the Bronco. Credit and other factors will also play a role.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah they'll be dumb to not offer lease. I'm now seriously considering one because it'll be easier to walk away imo if I don't love this thing.

About to drop 50k on a car I haven't driven and color I haven't seen is crazy. I can stomach it a lot more if I mentally go in with the mindset that this is a rental.

Plus who knows what they'll be doing in 3 years from now? MGV across the board? Electric? A black interior?! ?

Sponsored

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer said they will have a lease option.

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Suggestion -

If you have an early reservation, go ahead and buy it. You’ll know by the end of 2021/early 2022 if you don’t like it. You’ll probably be able to sell it for what you paid or even more as demand will far exceed supply at that time.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We should have lease options by the time our orders come in, but it’s not a guarantee. They don’t lease Mustang GTs. My sales guy said they just often come back destroyed. I have had good luck leasing as well and with wear care, a lot of the anxiety of small damage is bypassed too. I love the idea of walking away if the vehicle isn’t what I want or has issues. Another bonus- resale stays high, you can buy for less than value and have equity or sell it, value comes in low, you had lower payments and walk away. Just know the money factor.
https://www.leaseguide.com/articles/good-lease-deal/

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or if no lease option I hate to say I may go Willys in silver or military green.
Ford Bronco No lease 714DFB32-542F-482D-8670-43AF32C55C72

I’ve been having these same thoughts. I may just lease a new Jeep every 3 years for $300/month. I don’t need any frills on a Jeep. I would much prefer a Bronco, but a really basic soft top Jeep with cold weather package is appealing For less than $3 hundo a month.

OP
OP
Hornet

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve been having these same thoughts. I may just lease a new Jeep every 3 years for $300/month. I don’t need any frills on a Jeep. I would much prefer a Bronco, but a really basic soft top Jeep with cold weather package is appealing For less than $3 hundo a month.
We should get a lease option.
Sponsored