Sponsored

No longer want my delivered Bronco

• Thread starter Deleted member 29556
  • Start date
  • Watchers 8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29556

So I got about 10 missed calls and an email yesterday from the dealership I ordered my bronco to be delivered at. It has been 14 months from order placing to finally delivery, and things have changed for me, and I no longer want it. I made the huge mistake in October by removing the hard top to soft top but regretted it right away, once I started researching after market hard tops ( on top of moving to Colorado from Texas in 6 months, soft top is not what i want) So what is the best way to let the dealership know i wont be making the purchase, they still have my $600 deposit so not sure if am forfeiting the deposit by refusing the vehicle. I was just going to reply to the email they sent me that am no longer interested. Thank you for your feedback everyone !
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just call them and tell them you no longer want it and you want our deposit back. Should be a 1 minute conversation.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just call the dealership and ask to speak to the sales manager (if your original salesperson isn't available). Depending on the terms of the deposit, it may or may not be refundable. Most dealers will gladly give the money back as $600 isn't worth the lack of goodwill. They won't be losing any money as the Bronco will be sold by the end of the week.

Sponsored

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know all dealers are different but I received my $1000 “non-refundable” deposit when I cancelled my original order.
Call them back and ask, don’t ignore them, that will only p*** them off.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could probably still flip it and make some money. BAT had my exact build sell for $5k over MSRP a week or two ago and if you have price protection you could potentially be flushing several thousand dollars. Personally I would take the vehicle, keep it and just buy a hardtop.

OBXBronco22

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I always thought the hardtop looked cooler and wanted it, but took the soft top to get one faster. To each their own, but I love it. It’s so easy to flip the top up and down which is great in Florida weather. Two locks and a flip and front and back row are pretty much roofless without even folding all the way back.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They would love to give you your deposit back. It will be sold on the lot. No issue for them. I like the look of the new aftermarket hardtop..just have to figure the math if you are getting price protection.
My plan was to get the flip back best top but now that it’s not a color match to my MIC top I’m out for that much money. So far I love my Bronco!

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I got about 10 missed calls and an email yesterday from the dealership I ordered my bronco to be delivered at. It has been 14 months from order placing to finally delivery, and things have changed for me, and I no longer want it. I made the huge mistake in October by removing the hard top to soft top but regretted it right away, once I started researching after market hard tops ( on top of moving to Colorado from Texas in 6 months, soft top is not what i want) So what is the best way to let the dealership know i wont be making the purchase, they still have my $600 deposit so not sure if am forfeiting the deposit by refusing the vehicle. I was just going to reply to the email they sent me that am no longer interested. Thank you for your feedback everyone !
It’s a car dealer not a collection agency.

Why dodge the calls? lol

I don’t know why but I picture you hiding under a table with phone ringing and caller I’d says “BRROONNCCOOOOO”

Dude just man up call them and give no excuse except “My situation has changed and I need my 600 back and can’t take Bronco.”

Boom done deal .

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
call,do not email them. Better yet,face to face. They will prolly thank you cuz they will mark it up.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dude, take the Bronco. You’ll only have to endure driving it for 1 or 2 weeks before you sell it to somebody else for more than you paid. Even if you’re financing it - you will most likely get enough over what you paid to pay off the loan and still have a couple grand left over.

If you’re adverse to making a profit - do the humanitarian thing and find somebody (here or locally) willing to just take over the deal on your behalf. Dealer makes the same sale they agreed on. Other guy gets a Bronco right away at whatever price you negotiated. And you’ll be out from under the vehicle.

Everybody wins and you’ll earn major brownie points with St. Peter when you eventually hit those pearly gates.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The reason you have 10 missed calls and e-mails from them is that they are hoping you won't want it so they can make a bunch of money on it from someone else that they probably already have lined up. Just let them know, they couldn't care less.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.