indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Colorado is full. I hear Wyoming is nice and it's only a few more hours up the highway.
The 90's were the golden years in Colorado. Including for off-roading, with classic CJs, FJs, Broncos, Scouts, etc. At nice prices, owned by folks who actually worked on them and wheeled. Before EBs got on the radar of big spenders. Far fewer gated trails as well.

Lots of people now. You can't even get into Rocky Mountain NP without a reservation. (Reservation time stamp, lol.) Glad I got to enjoy Colorado before all the people who mess things up showed up. I still visit Colorado, but it's kind of true, you can't go home again. :(
Sponsored

• Love
Reactions: 0ne

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with everyone who thinks that this thread is weird.
  • Man up, and return a phone call. Just be courteous for goodness sakes. Why do people not return phone calls anymore (excluding spam)? What happened to good manners?
  • Either say you aren't interested, or take possession and sell it yourself within a week making a little bit of cheddar in the process.
  • Or, take a look at that picture above of a soft top covered in snow... I mean, really... and just take your order...
  • Or, sell it to someone on here that's been waiting.

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't you just take delivery and then flip it the next day for $5,000 to $10,000 or more to someone who doesn't want to wait six + months and wants one now?

Sponsored

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would still buy it, you’d have it flipped before your first payment is due. I drove mine up until my first payment was due and sold it to Carmax for a 2 grand profit. Like you, they took two years for mine to get delivered. I got sick of waiting and bought a mustang . Wasn’t about to have two car payments with these interest rates. That being said, I definitely miss it and will be ordering another when my mustang is paid off.

4x4fun

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't you just take delivery and then flip it the next day for $5,000 to $10,000 or more to someone who doesn't want to wait six + months and wants one now?
The days of flipping for huge profit are over. funny you think he could get $10,000k over MSRP. Look at all the ones on dealer lots. They paid mark up & now can't sell them.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a weird thread. What is the best way to tell them you don't want your Bronco? It is not like you are 15 and breaking up with your first girlfriend and have to us the tired "it's not you, it's me" line. If you don't want the Bronco, just tell them. I don't get what the problem is?

After 10 missed calls and no email reply they probably considered you a no-call no-show and rightfully moved on. And how don't you know if your deposit is refundable or not?!?!
I said many many months ago fords problem was the way anyone could order and no vetting. So you order, have no idea you can afford it and then you come to the internet to learn how to say no.

lol

this is funny

OP
OP

Deleted member 29556

Replied to manager text this morning if i wanted it or not they said they needed to know asap to place it on sale to the public. So i said go ahead cancel the order, refunded deposit immediately. The journey was interesting but needless to say stick to what you want and make no compromises on something just to have it earlier, no loss to me just another lesson in life . Thank you everyone for your feedback. Cheers and enjoy yall trucks !

• Sad
Reactions: 0ne

Sponsored

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i have canceled one order already and will be canceling another. Just call say hey i dont want the car and they will give you your deposit back. They love when people do that cause they may just mark it up on the lot.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only way I’d let the dealer keep it is if they gave me $5k to begrudgingly give it up.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Replied to manager text this morning if i wanted it or not they said they needed to know asap to place it on sale to the public. So i said go ahead cancel the order, refunded deposit immediately. The journey was interesting but needless to say stick to what you want and make no compromises on something just to have it earlier, no loss to me just another lesson in life . Thank you everyone for your feedback. Cheers and enjoy yall trucks !
Probably walked away from a couple grand but you do you.

I was almost disappointed that my dealer didn't even ask me if I wanted to sell it back to them. Maybe because I got to the dealership scant minutes after I knew it came off the truck. They didn't even have a chance to call me to let me know it was there. :cool:

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can you share the build and dealer info just incase someone in that area is looking/waiting for one?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.