ELS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been trying not to jump the gun before Ford releases build and price, yet here I am.

Outer Banks seems to meet my desires pretty well, however it does not appear to be offered in a manual. If I can’t have the manual the next fun thing would be the 2.7l, but that might push me over budget.

What is the forum’s opinion on this alternative option? A manual Big Bend could be upgraded to the mid package and a few additional options, to almost equate to the accessories on the OB. However, do you guys think those upgrades will cost more than the difference ($2,905) of an OB?

Thank you.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve been trying not to jump the gun before Ford releases build and price, yet here I am.

Outer Banks seems to meet my desires pretty well, however it does not appear to be offered in a manual. If I can’t have the manual the next fun thing would be the 2.7l, but that might push me over budget.

What is the forum’s opinion on this alternative option? A manual Big Bend could be upgraded to the mid package and a few additional options, to almost equate to the accessories on the OB. However, do you guys think those upgrades will cost more than the difference ($2,905) of an OB?

Thank you.
I think so, but it would probably be close. That OBX has a ton of standard items besides just the mid package. Driving a stick is fun, but I am pretty much past that. Give me the ride and a bit of luxury.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah if you want a manual it's probably best to not buy a trim level that doesn't offer it

I've never had an automatic but after 35 years of manual I'm over it
Not because manual is bad, but because manual is basically discontinued

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you.
In the same situation where I wanted Outer Banks model but want Manual Trans. Do we officially know that manual 2.3L won't be an option in Outer banks or is Ford still taking feedback on this?

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thank you.
Same here, since we can't see what each trim has in options and the compatibility of some of the trims. I'm disappointed you can't get the manual in OB, i was leaning towards the OB until i learned you can't get the manual. I liked that you could get the high package in the OB but I think I rather have the manual instead of what comes with the high package.

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the same situation where I wanted Outer Banks model but want Manual Trans. Do we officially know that manual 2.3L won't be an option in Outer banks or is Ford still taking feedback on this?
If ford was offering manual in it, then you would see that in all the web specs and PDFs, but you don’t.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What is the forum’s opinion on this alternative option? A manual Big Bend could be upgraded to the mid package and a few additional options, to almost equate to the accessories on the OB.
Ford Bronco No Manual for Outer Banks 1600010438403

It’s a manual or nothing.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on the information on the Ford website, the OB trim doesn't seem to have the manual listed as optional. But who knows maybe Ford could change that but i kind of doubt it since it's meant to be more of a luxury type of trim

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Outer Banks is the only trim in the lineup to have the auto transmission by default, and it's baked-in to the base price of the OBX. I've yet to see even the slightest suggestion that you'd be able to 'downgrade' to the manual trans. Regardless, I still want a manual V6 Squatchbanks which seems to be a pipe dream at this point (for any trim).

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure it will come with a manual. If it's not in the glovebox you should be able to download it. (grinning, ducking, and running)
Sponsored