dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw my orthpedist, today, for a torn achilles tendon (surgery in the Spring). I told him I am buying the new Bronco and asked him if he would okay with me getting a standard transmission. He replied, "please, don't." I asked if he meant for now or forever. He said, "forever." With the damage I have done, and my history of ankle issues, I am prone to having a blowout, and manual transmission will only speed things up. I guess, my days of shifting are done. ?
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On the positive side - if you wanted to Squatch then maybe you won't have to wait as long? #ImTryingToHelp

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw my orthpedist, today, for a torn achilles tendon (surgery in the Spring). I told him I am buying the new Bronco and asked him if he would okay with me getting a standard transmission. He replied, "please, don't." I asked if he meant for now or forever. He said, "forever." With the damage I have done, and my history of ankle issues, I am prone to having a blowout, and manual transmission will only speed things up. I guess, my days of shifting are done. ?
Don't worry. In 10 years everyone's shifting days will be over

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think again. Work on it. I have titanium parts in my left leg and nerve damage. Dedication, years of it, to physical therapy has me shifting again and doing things they said I would never do again. Its not easy.

When push comes to shove I sometimes need to reach down and give my leg a help with a lift. I keep working on it.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't worry. In 10 years everyone's shifting days will be over
true, our living couch will interface directly with both our vehicles and the Xbox generation 43.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now you can have the 2.7 ecobeast. Sounds like things worked out in your favor. Well, kinda. Sorry to hear about your injury.....

Here, this should help.......

Ford Bronco No manual per doctor's orders 101B4822-96CD-40FF-933A-3A33131923C7

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am so sorry to hear that.

Rest up, recover, and enjoy your new Bronco no matter what.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That sucks buddy but you know your body better than anyone if you think you can get the stick heck it might even be like therapy for your leg.
I tore a piece out of my tendon in a kitesurfing accident a while back ,same story never walk again ,never dance ,run ,bike nice try i came back like a lion.
All im saying is dont let that news get you down it aint over till you push daisys.
Good luck hope it all works out for ya?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ugh... that's a tough pill to swallow. Sorry you had to get that news. At least get the 2.7 with the auto. ;)

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco No manual per doctor's orders tenor

Sorry to hear. Use this to get the 2.7L and I have enjoyed the 10-speed auto on my F150 with the Sport mode peeling out at anything above a whisper of throttle.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel for you OP, but welcome to the club. I've not been able to drive a stick in 21 years, due to bad knees.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In 10 years, he can get a bionic Achilles tendon implant and swap his bronco to a manual!
In 10 years I am hoping for this so I can get rid of this fleshy body. If I get my bronco in silver I will match it

Ford Bronco No manual per doctor's orders 1602544305087
Sponsored