NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can the Admins now delete all “I wanna V8” posts? ???. That would clean up 70% of the posts on 6G.
This thing is gonna get a V8 regardless of Ford does it or everyone else does it. It’s the perfect engine for this truck.
Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
giphy.gif

And you're entitled to your opinion. I'd rather have the v6 mostly because of the added port injection to keep the valves clean. But I will not give up my manual tranny... not until my car drives itself... then it can taxi me around while I sit in the back getting drunk... lamenting that I can't have an ICE with a stick, and that America is officially dead.
Issue with the V6 is the alternator is very low on the engine, can’t figure out why they would do this when water fording isn’t uncommon on off-road vehicles.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can the Admins now delete all “I wanna V8” posts? ???. That would clean up 70% of the posts on 6G.
Yes let’s just censor people’s opinions and just try to ignore that there’s commonality among peoples wants....

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To those who keep saying that the 2.3L is more than enough, it isn't for me as long as it is only Direct Injection.... PERIOD

It being Only Direct Injection eliminates it for ME.

As for a MT, I have a Very High Sentimental Feelings for it that I will not discuss in an open forum, so any belittling me for wanting the 2.7L with a MT just doesn't fly with me. If FoMoCo wants to know more about why I feel this way, they can contact me.

d8lejr

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang, 2002 explorer 19 ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I want the 2.7l and I want the manual. Maybe if I test drive a Ranger I might go with the manual, the ranger has the 2.3 right?
I have had the 2.3 in the Mustang(2015) and now the ranger(2019), they are more than capable. I love my v8s but these turbo 4 cyls are great. I modded the mustang and got to 350 hp and 450-460 torque. That thing was a blast.

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2022 more than likely will have a 2.7 manual + Sasquatch.
If you’re going to spend this much money get what you actually want.
That seems unlikely. Everyone is dropping manuals, they are almost gone from sports cars. Manual take rates on everything (including Jeeps) continue to decline. If they were going to do a V6/manual sure seems like they would have done it from the get go. I think the primary reason a manual is available at all is Jeep competition/establishing credibility.

Last edited:

UtahBatman

First Name
Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That seems unlikely. Everyone is dropping manuals, they are almost gone from sports cars. Manual take rates on everything (including Jeeps) continue to decline. If they were going to do a V6/manual sure seems like they would have done it from the get go. I think the primary reason a manual is available at all is Jeep competition/establishing credibility.
Except for performance cars like the Mustang GT, where the take rate for MT is actually higher than auto.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sound may be one of the biggest issues for me. I know it is silly, but I currently have a 2016 Challenger Hellcat, and in the past I've had a Challenger with the 5.7 Hemi with an aftermarket exhaust and two different Corvettes (C5 and a C6) with aftermarket exhausts.

I'm all in on this Bronco. Love it, but coming from what my car sounds like when it fires up now to when I crank that 2.3...Yikes...
Ditto, my 2019 Scat Pack sounds absolutely amazing on startup and WOT. I don’t need music with that 6.4, I just need to roll the windows down. Thankfully this will be my wife’s car lol.

isn't there some kind of exhaust package that can give you the sound of a bigger, stronger engine?
No, god no. I wish they would stop even offering it, a 4 cylinder sounds like a wet fart no matter what you slap on it.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ditto, my 2019 Scat Pack sounds absolutely amazing on startup and WOT. I don’t need music with that 6.4, I just need to roll the windows down. Thankfully this will be my wife’s car lol.

No, god no. I wish they would stop even offering it, a 4 cylinder sounds like a wet fart no matter what you slap on it.

Not sure if my assumption is correct, but with the trouble with getting a good exhaust note with something like a turbo 4, aren't exhaust gasses diverted to the turbo to spool it and you aren't left with much create the deep notes that all like from NA.

I've had NA cars and I have had two turbo 4s, and when you rev those turbo 4s it just doesn't seem they can sound good; unless maybe you spent way too much money for something engineered to get something better sounding.

I have a Sentra SR Turbo right now (life happened last year and I had to give my truck back to the bank), and you try to rev the thing and It I assume the ECU keeps the revs up and you can't vroom vroom ... ... ... just vroom and then an elongated vroooooooom with no gap :confused:

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Manual take rates on everything (including Jeeps) continue to decline.

Except for performance cars like the Mustang GT, where the take rate for MT is actually higher than auto.

Ford says 50% for GT. I don’t know what it was 20 years ago but I bet it was a lot higher than 50%.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I know a lot of people like the 6s in the Alfa Romeo but honestly the best sounding 6 I’ve ever heard was a 60V6 OHV GM engine it had a nice rumbling almost cammed sound. As far as sound is concerned I’ve driven V8s since I was 15 and I don’t see that changing anytime in my life.
I had that motor in my Pontiac Fiero. The sound at slow speeds was a sort of growl, and that engine in that car loved 70mph at a time where speed limits were mostly 55.

The car itself had it’s warts, it would spin on you in an instant in wet corners if you didn’t pay attention, and was a pain in the ass to work on, but the V6 version did not deserve the bad rep the car had in the end.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you think doing this tune that you would up the amount of pounds one could tow at?

The current spec for the Bronco they say is I believe 3,500 lb.

Would one be able to tow more than what is specified with stock?

:cool: (y)
No. You can tow more than rated, but the sticker in the door frame is the legal limit. Not sure why it's so much lower than the ranger, but power isn't the reason.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
No. You can tow more than rated, but the sticker in the door frame is the legal limit. Not sure why it's so much lower than the ranger, but power isn't the reason.

Thank you, that was info i wouldn't have guessed.

As for ranger comparison, i agree, especially with the 6 cyl why wouldn't it be able to do more.
Sponsored