David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reserved a Black Diamond. Today I find out that there is no manual available with the mid-package. This seems the perfect vehicle to replace my ‘05 Xterra Off Road (215k Miles with only a new clutch, front drive shaft and rear differential rebuild) which has gotten me anywhere I’ve needed to go. The only thing missing was heated seats. If this isn’nt unf**ced my next vehicle will be a used Xterra. Upgrading to the BD would be plus 7k for features I don’t need. Fix it or goodbye Ford. Signed, prior owner of a ‘67 Bronco and ‘96 Explorer, both with a clutch.
Sponsored

KareBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda CX-5, 2020 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has to be the remote start that screws it up, I really hope they fix that. I’d even pay the whole Mid package price with the remote start removed if it meant I could get my manual. I’m already bummed you can’t get Sasquatch with manual this go-round, so I was going to console myself with heated seats. As bad as I want one, I hate to say I should listen to my husband and wait for 2022.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m seriously wondering why the eff ford even bothered developing a new manual transmission if they just keep undercutting it at every corner. First only making manual trans for the smaller engine, then there was no manual Sasquatch, finally they gave in there but now you can’t even build and price a manual Sasquatch currently(which will throw anyone not in the know about it being a later option off it since it just says you have to add the auto on build and price when you add Sasquatch), and now they’re trying to force any manual trans buyers that want anything more than standard features to get the most expensive manual option. Not to mention anyone that wants manual trans and actually didn’t want the marine vinyl has to either deal with marine vinyl or no additional features over standard.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It has to be the remote start that screws it up, I really hope they fix that. I’d even pay the whole Mid package price with the remote start removed if it meant I could get my manual. I’m already bummed you can’t get Sasquatch with manual this go-round, so I was going to console myself with heated seats. As bad as I want one, I hate to say I should listen to my husband and wait for 2022.
It’s not remote start, it even says next to remote start on the package “available only with automatic transmission” which is a typical thing when remote start is thrown in a package on any vehicle that had manual trans option. And it’s available on badlands with manual, as well as high and lux only being available on badlands with manual(though those 2 aren’t available on the lower trims even with auto). It’s just another ford money grab, try to force all manual trans buyers to up to the highest priced manual trim

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I think it's a glitch. When I add it it forces the automatic but doesn't add the auto cost

PXL_20201023_083336436.MP.jpg

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can’t order manual transmission and mid package together on anything except the badlands? Is this a glitch in the matrix or is ford doing their best to get us twisted? What’s the purpose??

ELS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can’t order manual transmission and mid package together on anything except the badlands? Is this a glitch in the matrix or is ford doing their best to get us twisted? What’s the purpose??
YOU CAN'T HAVE MID AND MANUAL?! This is from the Bronco Nation PDF!
(7-Speed Manual Transmission (NOTE: Requires 2-Door Standard 4x4 and 2.3L Engine; Includes Granny Gear and Crank in Gear function and Hill Descent Control; Not available with Mid Package)

OB 2.7 is out of my price range with all the DIOs I would like, so the consolation was a 2.3 standard BB with the mid package... now what? I am a Ford person, but If this is not corrected.. I think Jeep is going to have my money. I might share my thoughts with Ford.

Ford Bronco No manual with mid-package Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 9.03.46 AM

Last edited:

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s going to backfire on them. The ridiculous way they packaged options is going to make it really easy for a lot of people to just go BaseSquatch and be done. Especially the manual trans crowd. I would have paid Black Diamond money to get heated seats and a better color. But I guess it’s BaseManSquatch no options for me. Well, one option... that Bimini top is awesome. That was the one really good surprise for me.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think a glitch... I saw the same. If you look at the price breakdown, there is not a charge for an auto transmission.

CORRECTION! YOU CAN'T HAVE MID AND MANUAL! This is from the new PDF on options!
7-Speed Manual Transmission (NOTE: Requires 2-Door Standard 4x4 and 2.3L Engine; Includes Granny Gear and Crank in Gear function and Hill Descent Control; Not available with Mid Package)

OMG...
That makes ZERO sense. Wtf is the purpose? You can have manual and mid on the Badlands, why nothing else? Don’t tell me shit isn’t compatible.

Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • They want no one to buy the manual
  • Those that do buy the manual and want creature comforts, they want to make their money back by forcing them to another bracket.
  • What happened to the ala-cart marketing that was pitched to us. This seems pretty typical of fords other vehicles as well.. disappointing.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco No manual with mid-package D5401C88-4DE1-47F3-8639-4777EB32C1A6
If Ford took one little page out of the Jeep book, it would solve a lot of problems.
100% YES. I could do without every other option with a cold weather group. At this point the only reason I’m buying the mid is for the seat. (Not even the steering wheel, much to the shagrin of my arthritis. Getting old sucks.)
Sponsored