Sponsored

No more 2.7 liter engines for 2021? [Updated with possible explanation - applies only to Military Auto Source]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtayor0813

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anybody know what is up with this???

Anyways…on your mark, get set, and go. I’ll bring the beer for this ride. Cheers. 🍻

Updated with possible explanation from @NoDoorsNoProblem

Hey! Put your pitchforks down and read this first!

This is from a thread earlier today with a guy ordering from Military Auto Source, a company that sells vehicles to deployed service members. They order directly from manufacturers in a process that is outside the normal dealer systems, I’m not 100% on how it works but they don’t go through the same WBDO that Ford US dealers do. I attempted to order through them about 8 months ago when I was overseas, but decided to save money and go through Granger. They have a certain number of allocations for the whole company/MAS system they use, that have nothing to do with other dealer allocations. There is a huge chance that whatever internal system this MAS printout is from either has inaccurate data, they ran out of their specific allocations (Ford only let them order X units of 2.7 for 2021), or some other reason. This also explains the blurb about the “high demand model for a drawing only.” Ford gave MAS a handful of allocations to sell through their system, and MAS is trying to balance them out and give everyone who orders through them overseas a fair shot since their separate allocations are limited. I highly doubt this affects everyone else, we would know about it by now. The 2.7 hugely affects F150 production as well.

0680114A-831D-41FA-A4C7-B0BB99E50240.png
I’m the guy that MAS told they can’t order the 2.7L for the 21 bronco. Definitely wasn’t trying to ruin anyone’s day by posting it, just wanted more info. I called Ford customer service to verify if MAS was full of crap or not. The customer service rep, whose credibility or credentials are unknown, told me that Ford didn’t have any restriction on ordering the 2.7L and she sees it daily. This is something from the MAS side, not Ford. So I emailed the MAS rep and canceled my order. Id rather have the forest green that’s hopefully coming out with the 22 model anyways. Im not paying 50k for a vehicle that doesn’t have exactly what I want. If anyone has any other ideas on how to get a 2022 bronco to the UK without dealing with the bozos at Military Auto Source, this Air Force guy is all ears.
Sponsored

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m the guy that MAS told they can’t order the 2.7L for the 21 bronco. Definitely wasn’t trying to ruin anyone’s day by posting it, just wanted more info. I called Ford customer service to verify if MAS was full of crap or not. The customer service rep, whose credibility or credentials are unknown, told me that Ford didn’t have any restriction on ordering the 2.7L and she sees it daily. This is something from the MAS side, not Ford. So I emailed the MAS rep and canceled my order. Id rather have the forest green that’s hopefully coming out with the 22 model anyways. Im not paying 50k for a vehicle that doesn’t have exactly what I want. If anyone has any other ideas on how to get a 2022 bronco to the UK without dealing with the bozos at Military Auto Source, this Air Force guy is all ears.
I knew as soon as I saw this thread pop up what happened, not everyone is familiar with MAS and how it works. And since many folks here are alarmists and seize on any little bit of info, I had to jump in as soon as I could and correct them.

I had my reservation through Granger And attempted to go through MAS in the fall and winter before order banks opened for Ford dealers. They knew they had some allocations, but didn’t know much other than that, timing, anything else. That, plus their “low price guarantee” seemed to have a lot of fine print to it, they wouldn’t commit verbally or in writing to match the Granger price, so I decided not to go through them.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called Ford support hq today because of the issues I’m having with approving an order from my dealer. Lady told me they aren’t allowing any more bronco orders until Friday the 13th due to their website having problems. So I guess we wait and see for those late reservation holders. I think they could of picked another day than Friday the 13th.

BreezyNVegas

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

By giving us 1,000,000 Ford points. Worth about as much as an oil change and a free cup of coffee from the waiting room.
Better make it 2M points. I would rather piss glass than drink waiting room coffee.

Sponsored

Squashed

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jason would be proud !

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well... my pineapple pizza sticker arrived today - so we are due for an announcement from Ford tomorrow ... this isn't what I was hoping for.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I certainly wasn't trying to get anyone any extra visibility, so my fault for injecting that into the conversation, however... The fact that it was said multiple times that it has been a possible "sin" item and that we have one verified engine failure of unknown cause, seemed to be reasonable justification for concern.

Hopefully, it's nothing and doesn't effect current production near as I can tell as my 2.7 2D was built yesterday to the best of my knowledge. We'll see. I'm not trying to cause another 40 page train wreck.

Mark's Bronco Sticker jpeg.jpg

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I certainly wasn't trying to get anyone any extra visibility, so my fault for injecting that into the conversation, however... The fact that it was said multiple times that it has been a possible "sin" item and that we have one verified engine failure of unknown cause, seemed to be reasonable justification for concern.

Hopefully, it's nothing and doesn't effect current production near as I can tell as my 2.7 2D was built yesterday to the best of my knowledge. We'll see. I'm not trying to cause another 40 page train wreck.

Ford Bronco No more 2.7 liter engines for 2021? [Updated with possible explanation - applies only to Military Auto Source] Mark's Bronco Sticker jpe
Congratulations on the assembly!

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I called Ford support hq today because of the issues I’m having with approving an order from my dealer. Lady told me they aren’t allowing any more bronco orders until Friday the 13th due to their website having problems. So I guess we wait and see for those late reservation holders. I think they could of picked another day than Friday the 13th.
MY22 B&P coming live on 13th!??

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey! Put your pitchforks down and read this first!

This is from a thread earlier today with a guy ordering from Military Auto Source, a company that sells vehicles to deployed service members. They order directly from manufacturers in a process that is outside the normal dealer systems, I’m not 100% on how it works but they don’t go through the same WBDO that Ford US dealers do. I attempted to order through them about 8 months ago when I was overseas, but decided to save money and go through Granger. They have a certain number of allocations for the whole company/MAS system they use, that have nothing to do with other dealer allocations. There is a huge chance that whatever internal system this MAS printout is from either has inaccurate data, they ran out of their specific allocations (Ford only let them order X units of 2.7 for 2021), or some other reason. This also explains the blurb about the “high demand model for a drawing only.” Ford gave MAS a handful of allocations to sell through their system, and MAS is trying to balance them out and give everyone who orders through them overseas a fair shot since their separate allocations are limited. I highly doubt this affects everyone else, we would know about it by now. The 2.7 hugely affects F150 production as well.
I would be curious as to how many allocations MAS received from Ford?

The 2.7 affects the F-150, but there Ford could say, "how do you feel about a little more power... we still have the 3.5 available".

And for the record, had they offered me a 3.5 to replace the 2.7; I would be all over that like ASS delete for a $50 discount.

PvtPancett

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Fiesta ST & 2020 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Where is ‘D Fresh’? How many months ago did I say there would be issues supplying the 2.7?!

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Status