Sponsored

No more 2.7 liter engines for 2021? [Updated with possible explanation - applies only to Military Auto Source]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody know what is up with this???

Anyways…on your mark, get set, and go. I’ll bring the beer for this ride. Cheers. 🍻

Updated with possible explanation from @NoDoorsNoProblem

Hey! Put your pitchforks down and read this first!

This is from a thread earlier today with a guy ordering from Military Auto Source, a company that sells vehicles to deployed service members. They order directly from manufacturers in a process that is outside the normal dealer systems, I’m not 100% on how it works but they don’t go through the same WBDO that Ford US dealers do. I attempted to order through them about 8 months ago when I was overseas, but decided to save money and go through Granger. They have a certain number of allocations for the whole company/MAS system they use, that have nothing to do with other dealer allocations. There is a huge chance that whatever internal system this MAS printout is from either has inaccurate data, they ran out of their specific allocations (Ford only let them order X units of 2.7 for 2021), or some other reason. This also explains the blurb about the “high demand model for a drawing only.” Ford gave MAS a handful of allocations to sell through their system, and MAS is trying to balance them out and give everyone who orders through them overseas a fair shot since their separate allocations are limited. I highly doubt this affects everyone else, we would know about it by now. The 2.7 hugely affects F150 production as well.

Ford Bronco No more 2.7 liter engines for 2021? [Updated with possible explanation - applies only to Military Auto Source] 0680114A-831D-41FA-A4C7-B0BB99E50240
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's tragic if true

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On your mark, get set, and go. I’ll bring the beer for this ride. Cheers. 🍻

Ford Bronco No more 2.7 liter engines for 2021? [Updated with possible explanation - applies only to Military Auto Source] im-just-here-for-the-comments
What kind of beer? I'm going to start slow, a Sierra Nevada Summer Break. If the thread goes south, I'll switch to Scotch. Haha.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RIP Wildtrak orders

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What kind of beer? I'm going to start slow, a Sierra Nevada Summer Break. If the thread goes south, I'll switch to Scotch. Haha.
Get A LOT of scotch ready... You honestly see any other direction it could go? Lol Like fuck.
Ford Bronco No more 2.7 liter engines for 2021? [Updated with possible explanation - applies only to Military Auto Source] goddammit-nsp

Sponsored

MustangRanch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT350, 11 GT500, 20 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this for dealer stock orders? If so no 2.7s make sense...

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey! Put your pitchforks down and read this first!

This is from a thread earlier today with a guy ordering from Military Auto Source, a company that sells vehicles to deployed service members. They order directly from manufacturers in a process that is outside the normal dealer systems, I’m not 100% on how it works but they don’t go through the same WBDO that Ford US dealers do. I attempted to order through them about 8 months ago when I was overseas, but decided to save money and go through Granger. They have a certain number of allocations for the whole company/MAS system they use, that have nothing to do with other dealer allocations. There is a huge chance that whatever internal system this MAS printout is from either has inaccurate data, they ran out of their specific allocations (Ford only let them order X units of 2.7 for 2021), or some other reason. This also explains the blurb about the “high demand model for a drawing only.” Ford gave MAS a handful of allocations to sell through their system, and MAS is trying to balance them out and give everyone who orders through them overseas a fair shot since their separate allocations are limited. I highly doubt this affects everyone else, we would know about it by now. The 2.7 hugely affects F150 production as well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.