First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You answered your own question, demand for Tesla is dropping and is much smaller than Bronco overall, while Bronco's demand is off the charts.
A comparison of monthly production numbers might be useful.
The MAP plant probably makes more than all of Teslas models combined, and that only covers two Ford models.
Tesla sold 1.3 million vehicles last year, and will probably sell 1.6 million this year. MAP can build about 1/4 million vehicles per year.

Tesla is dropping prices because they just finished building two large factories, so their capacity now exceeds demand. They also save a lot of cost by not having a million different options.
Sponsored

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After reading this last night I almost lost my mind. I have only been waiting since Feb. but a year is what the dealer told me to expect. I was good with that. I was even good with a year or a year and half or possibly two. If all this is true, It could be much longer for SAS and MIC. The SAS is a must. The MIC is almost a must, and the Lux is no biggie if I can get the high package. I went shopping online to look at a few and found one that is the exact same as my order with the exception of Lux. It has high package instead. It also has tow. My order didn't. The color is even the same. Long story short, I bought it and it is being shipped by truck. Should have it in about a week. The one I bought does have 5K on it. Supposedly the original owner ordered two, this Badlands and a Wildtrack. He got this a few months ago and traded it back into same dealer a few days ago when Wildtrack arrived. So hopefully this part of the drama is over for me. I hope it is all worth it.

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No just read a lot of people were having issues with the Dealerships not quoting anything close to what the customer thought the PP would/should be. Hopefully we can all show up on "buy day" ready to go in case it happens to us! Now I have my total value and the certificate code the dealership needs to apply the credit! Hope this helps others!
I hope it works out for you and everything goes smoothly. I also called ahead for my code(s) before delivery. For whatever reason they only showed up as $250. I actually had two because I had two reservations but I could only apply one to the order. The lack of transparency around all the price protection stuff is ridiculous.

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At my dealer trying to upgrade to LUX. They said if I change then I go to the back of the line and lose PP. Keeping at high and changing to white.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like the rumors are true "all terrain nation" on you tube said the parts shortages are true. Sounds like Ford going to start to play tough with orders and options. They said MIC, LUX, and Sas package are in short supply. They said the sasquatch tires are the issue, goodyear cant make enough. The video claims ford wants to eliminate the wildtrack, says if you change your wildtrack order to BL, BB, or OB and delete MIC, LUX, and SAS package ford will give you $2500 voucher

He said remove these options and you get a $2500 voucher. If you remove these options will the MSRP be lowered to the appropriate value AND you get voucher?

He mentioned removing these options and you donā€™t get swaybar disconnect but I believe that is NOT true.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BOOM!

Back in 21, I used to joke that my base Base would get built before most of the FE's .....

I saw the writing on the wall, one of the many reasons I chose the base build. I just wanted in one ASAP! Plus I told myself it would allow me to actually explore what works for me and what doesn't and I could then order EXACTLY what I want at a later date, after all the hoople dies down.
It's certainly taking much longer than expected. LOL

Turns out, I was right.
Built July 15th 2021, delivered Oct 8th 2021 ....
Don't be so smug, there are a lot of people who ordered base Broncos who have not received any Bronco.

Cygnusx1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne; Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess my ā€˜22 2 door badlands sas Lux is only going to go up in value. But I enjoy it so much, I could not see parting with it for less than 100k. Even at that level would not be particularly interested, but guess Iā€™d think about it. Feel bad for original unfilled reservation holders.

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tesla sold 1.3 million vehicles last year, and will probably sell 1.6 million this year. MAP can build about 1/4 million vehicles per year.

Tesla is dropping prices because they just finished building two large factories, so their capacity now exceeds demand. They also save a lot of cost by not having a million different options.
Tesla also just lowered price to 52.5k so its customers will qualify for 7500 rebate

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$2500 doesnā€™t even cover enough to diy Sasquatch and hardtop lolzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzz

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That would be a logical conclusion. To me, the easiest thing for them to do is to come out and give each dealer the number of specific builds they're going to get. Let's us communicate that to customers so they can make whatever decision they want. If Ford outperforms the new "allocation", great but if not, it doesn't leave customers hanging like the past couple of years. I can do something with bad news but nothing with no news.

@Ford Motor Company šŸ‘†šŸ‘†šŸ‘†šŸ‘†šŸ‘†šŸ‘†šŸ‘†šŸ‘†šŸ‘† You should be paying attention and taking notes!!!!!!!!!!!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, let me get this right, WildTrak orders can change to Badlands, Outer Banks, or Big Bend... but not Base or Black Diamond.

If you also get rid of Lux, Sasquatch, and MIC then you qualify for $2500 voucher? Is that after the change in MSRP?

So I lose HOSS 3.0, Sasquatch, MIC, 2 Door, and Lux for $2500? Why not just build me a stripped base and tell me that it came with the mandatory WildTrak, MIC, 2 Door, and Lux delete packages.

Or I could buy another Ford and get a $2500 voucher.

Sure, try applying that to a F-350 XL Tremor 7.3 with limited options...

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is unforgivable on Fordā€™s part. If I hadnā€™t received mine in December Iā€™d walk and never consider Ford again. Iā€™m already there even with my Bronco. First and last Ford Iā€™ll ever buy.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This isnā€™t just a Bronco problem FYI. I have customers who are 2+ years in on waiting for Super Duty orders. Options disappear, prices go up, they finally get built but parked for months waiting on parts. F650/F750 ran out of standard black bumpers, couldnā€™t get PTO provision (pretty important on a dump truck). Problems getting the tires you want. Now fleets are subject to nationwide allocations that are a fraction of what they got in the past. I think the whole state of Hawaii got like 20 trucks for their government for all of MY23. My point is, Ford is making tough decisions for all of their customers. Not just early Bronco reservation holders. I havenā€™t kept up with the Maverick but Iā€™m sure itā€™s a mess over on their forum too thinking theyā€™re getting the shaft.

Make the best decision for yourself and realize you might have to compromise or keep waiting. Dropping hard top for soft top a year and a half ago was something I didnā€™t want to do at the time but Iā€™m very glad I did. And I actually have come to enjoy it. A 33ā€ badlands instead of sasquatch, high package instead of Lux, or different front bumper isnā€™t going to ruin your Bronco experience.

Very true. My dealer has several Super Duties "waiting around". Been built for months, no movement. They even have one lost, yes lost. It is built but Ford cannot find it to ship it.

Cluster fuck of epic proportions.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.