sbplum

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got an email from the dealer I was going to switch to - they said that they believe you have to cancel your reservation and start over in line if you want to switch dealers? Has anyone else heard this?

this is what she said: “If you actually want to switch your Bronco order you would have to place a whole new reservation and cancel your original reservation. Unfortunately, that would give you a really high reservation # which would surely mean your Bronco would be a 2022 model.”

I’ll call the reservation line tomorrow and see what’s up but wanted to see if anyone else has heard this since I’ve been off the forums for a few weeks ?
Sponsored

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. You keep your original timestamp, the old dealer just refunds your fee as though you'd canceled and you have to pay the fee with your new dealer.

OP
OP
sbplum

sbplum

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fake news
Right?! This seems really weird and I haven’t seen anything from Ford about it. I’m getting kind of annoyed with all the dealerships having incorrect/differing information. I just want to order a damn car and be done with it ??

OP
OP
sbplum

sbplum

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right?! This seems really weird and I haven’t seen anything from Ford about it. I’m getting kind of annoyed with all the dealerships having incorrect/differing information. I just want to order a damn car and be done with it ??
They also told me a few weeks back that they didn’t think the reservation order would matter because the dealer isn’t going to look up reservation order & place their orders in the same sequence. That didn’t make sense to me either because I figured Ford would handle sending out builds in order on their end?

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got an email from the dealer I was going to switch to - they said that they believe you have to cancel your reservation and start over in line if you want to switch dealers? Has anyone else heard this?

this is what she said: “If you actually want to switch your Bronco order you would have to place a whole new reservation and cancel your original reservation. Unfortunately, that would give you a really high reservation # which would surely mean your Bronco would be a 2022 model.”

I’ll call the reservation line tomorrow and see what’s up but wanted to see if anyone else has heard this since I’ve been off the forums for a few weeks ?
He's just trying to keep you from switching. Ford has said from Day 1 that you could switch. They even removed the one-time switch limit and the no-switches-after-October limit. You're not locked in. If your current dealer isn't going to put together a deal that works for you and another dealer will, feel free to switch.

OP
OP
sbplum

sbplum

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He's just trying to keep you from switching. Ford has said from Day 1 that you could switch. They even removed the one-time switch limit and the no-switches-after-October limit. You're not locked in. If your current dealer isn't going to put together a deal that works for you and another dealer will, feel free to switch.
This is coming from the dealer I’m planning on switching to but haven’t actually switched yet

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is coming from the dealer I’m planning on switching to but haven’t actually switched yet
Sounds like the one you're switching to doesn't want your business.
Keep looking.

You've got until January 31st, IIRC.
( someone post the final deadline for switching)

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you keep up on here, you know more than 95% of the dealers out there. Gotta remember that they think that they are the "expert" and you will take all the sunshine they can pump. Run, don't walk. If you want to be nice, tell them to get back to you when they know what the fuck they are talking about...

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you sure you want to switch it to this dealer? ;)

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

That's complete horse shit. I switched last week from Metro Ford in Miami to Stephens Auto Center in VW. You call Ford directly and make the switch (takes 2 minutes). Ford automatically refunds your $100 deposit. You must contact your new dealer and arrange paying them their deposit as Ford won't do this. They may or may not want more than the original $100. Stephens only asked for $100 which I paid them by cc the next day.

The Ford rep on the phone confirmed I keep my reservation time stamp and reservation number, which was confirmed by follow up email. She also told me that I could switch dealers a second time, but the second time takes 2-3 days to process. Again, you'd keep your time stamp.

It's simply a sad fact of the world that most people don't know what they are talking about, even when it's their business that they should absolutely know. Remember, the dealer has nothing to do with the switch, it's all done directly with Ford.

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Another idiotic dealership that doesn't know that Ford customer service exists.

You can still switch and NOT lose your reservation spot.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’ve heard “we won’t know pricing until delivery” and “if you switch to a smaller dealer offering a discounted deal you may not get your vehicle due to allotment”.

The former is a recipe for dealers to be able to price gouge at time of delivery and get the reservation holder to walk away so they have more inventory, the latter keeps us at larger dealers if we want to wait for late availability items.

If I wait, it may just be due to no x-plan pricing protection at a dealer with volume allocation, and the allocation policy itself which should be allocation = all reservation holders up until the 2021 year cutoff date + inventory allocation based on market and dealer history measures.

According to Ford I can sit on my reservation until the 2022 model year without cancelling and re-reserving - but they have flip-flopped on policy before.

What a crap shoot (and a shit show).

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just switched mine 2 days ago with no problems.

Call the number on fords site and they'll walk you through it. The dealer dosent have to be involved.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. You keep your original timestamp, the old dealer just refunds your fee as though you'd canceled and you have to pay the fee with your new dealer.
I did this yesterday. My new dealer didn't even require another 100 dollar deposit.
Sponsored