Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly, what is the point of reserving early if the dealer can screw you at will?!? I reserved launch night and then transferred my order to @Granger Ford well before the original deadline. I'm not worried about them mucking with my spot, but frustrating that some dealers MIGHT be able to screw their customers.

I think it's clear that Ford hates us! ;)
I think Leonard-town is doing right by their early adoptors. So that begs the question, who is the " Reservation" with. It's easy to assume it's with Ford but your reservation was sent to your dealer. You paid the deposit to the dealer. Here's Ford on how orders will be filled-" Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received" . Recieved by who? Maybe its not a global timestamp we have, but a local - as in relative to others at our dealer of choice.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think Leonard-town is doing right by their early adoptors. So that begs the question, who is the " Reservation" with. It's easy to assume it's with Ford but your reservation was sent to your dealer. You paid the deposit to the dealer. Here's Ford on how orders will be filled-" Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received" . Recieved by who? Maybe its not a global timestamp we have, but a local - as in relative to others at our dealer of choice.
You can still switch your order to Leonard Town, and order through them, and your Bronco will still be delivered in roughly the time stamp of your reservation.

But what you won't get is their offered pricing after their deadline is up. You'll get whatever you are able to negotiate with them.

Dealers can't control the timing of the reservation, order and build process. That's established by the manufacturer. Dealers do control the pricing.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a Ford system that took, and keeps, the reservations. The timestamp is global. Dealers telling potential customers that they can reshuffle the sequence of those timestamps to benefit/penalize customers are lying.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting twist on how dealers may handle new switches. Here is part of Leonardtown-Ford's post from yesterday. It's a way to keep their current customers from being bumped by last minute switches.

For those considering a switch but still have not done it. We here have an amazing small group of customers. If you have not made your switch by this weeks end (Sunday Dec 6th) YOU WILL GO TO THE BACK OF THE 2021 RESERVATION LINE REGARDLESS OF WHEN YOU PLACED YOUR RESERVATION. If this costs us your transfer I am sorry. The people who have been with us have done so through every bump and hurtle and it is unfair to push those into another spot for last minute line cutting.
You can still switch your order to Leonard Town, and order through them, and your Bronco will still be delivered in roughly the time stamp of your reservation.

But what you won't get is their offered pricing after their deadline is up. You'll get whatever you are able to negotiate with them.

Dealers can't control the timing of the reservation, order and build process. That's established by the manufacturer. Dealers do control the pricing.
I agree that dealers don't control the timing of the reservation, order, and build process, but @Boxer4 quoted Leonard Town's post and they are saying that they will control that process. Unsure as how they are able do that, but there appears to be a lot that I don't know these days. ?‍♂

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I asked about allocation and if moving my order to another dealer, with a different allocation, could delay my delivery. She explained that as long as my order came in prior to the order cut off date, neither the dealer or the allocation should change the delivery date.
IMO, this is the Holy Grail of how all this should work. And we all assumed that would be the case until Ford announcements about Allocations.

It is just SOOO unfortunate that this process seems to change with the wind.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree that dealers don't control the timing of the reservation, order, and build process, but @Boxer4 quoted Leonard Town's post and they are saying that they will control that process. Unsure as how they are able do that, but there appears to be a lot that I don't know these days. ?‍♂
She's the finance manger at the dealership. I don't put a lot of trust in what she says, and I'm sure she's parroting what the sales manager has told her to say. But what they are saying is clearly counter to what Ford has said.

They can incentivize people from transferring their reservation to them by changing the price at which they are wiling to deal at, but they can't wholesale move reservations back to the line or not submit their order. I don't think Ford would take that lightly based upon what they have promised us already.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Aman @Judge Rufus - This is her follow up post.-
Yes they do. That is something I have said all along.
The dealership has control over which reservations to send to Ford to be built, they can also cancel reservations too. I have stated that throughout this process. The dealership takes the reservations that come over to them and decide what order to send to Ford to be built. We have had customers request to not be a part of the 1st ones, and for myself and 1 other (because we work here) we will not take an allotment that could go to someone else for an earlier build. All other reservations are going in order of their reservation number and date unless they transfer after our deadline that has been posted. They will still get a 2021 Bronco but it won't be until the end of 2021.
It starts on post #170 Leonardtown Ford Reservation Holders | Page 12 | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And yes, here is my question to NayNay in that same thread.

Yes they do. That is something I have said all along.
The dealership has control over which reservations to send to Ford to be built, they can also cancel reservations too. I have stated that throughout this process. The dealership takes the reservations that come over to them and decide what order to send to Ford to be built. We have had customers request to not be a part of the 1st ones, and for myself and 1 other (because we work here) we will not take an allotment that could go to someone else for an earlier build. All other reservations are going in order of their reservation number and date unless they transfer after our deadline that has been posted. They will still get a 2021 Bronco but it won't be until the end of 2021.
This is completely counter to what Ford has advised reservation holders, is this something that you came up with on your own, or your sales manager? Have you cleared it with Ford, that you can wholesale move reservation holders to the back of the line, or not even submit their order?

Now I believe it's within the dealers control to dictate the price at which you are willing to transact, such as telling anyone that transfers to your dealership after a certain date that you are charging MSRP x 200% to incentivize them to not transfer to you.

But to not submit a reservation holders order, when Ford has already said that orders will be built and delivered roughly consistent with the timestamp of their reservation, and that holders have the right to change dealers at their choice.

Just curious.

Sponsored

Greg Helmick

Big Bend
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And yes, here is my question to NayNay in that same thread.
Why are you going onto other threads and starting shit? You are not reserving with Leonardtown and have no plans to. So why go on there and start shit with @NayNay that has been amazing and is the primary reason they have the reservations they do? She is protecting those of us that have transferred to Leonardtown and not allowing people to realize they made a mistake with their current dealership and jumping to Leonardtown when all of us that have been loyal have put in our orders. She is working to get the allocations and process developed for her customers and fighting for customers to get their vehicle. If you are not planning on going with Leonardtown then why do you need to be a debby downer! I get we are all looking for answers and Ford is not helping anyone with that, including the dealers. If you don't agree with what she said, then disregard and move onto the next thread you are going mess with. Find a dealer you believe is doing it the way you think it should be done and move on.

Now you come back with same lame excuse and rebuttal and i will happily ignore you.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She's the finance manger at the dealership. I don't put a lot of trust in what she says, and I'm sure she's parroting what the sales manager has told her to say. But what they are saying is clearly counter to what Ford has said.

They can incentivize people from transferring their reservation to them by changing the price at which they are wiling to deal at, but they can't wholesale move reservations back to the line or not submit their order. I don't think Ford would take that lightly based upon what they have promised us already.
Okay I missed the part where we are taking my words out of context. So allow me to be clear. 1st as the finance director (not a finance manager) I have and will maintain control over the Bronco orders at our dealership. Again I ask please show me what Ford has said? Where is this? Because you're choosing to take things out of context I am going to make a point why don't you switch your reservation to my dealership and I'll be happy to cancel it for you so you can realize what I post here is in fact THE TRUTH. 2nd when a price is given in writing we don't get to randomly decide to change it. That's not how it works. 3rd I've promised each individual who has a reservation at my store I will be showing them their own invoice for their build. I am and will remain loyal to my reservation holders as we have all taken this ride together. Keep in mind Ford does not receive the build until the dealership pushes the button to send it to them. There's also a tiny spot that says priority when you place a retail order. The dealership puts a number in their to indicate to Ford which vehicles to build 1st. My post was to help educate people, not to be used to scare them. Lastly, I work with a team so I am no ones patsy!! My loyalty is to my customers 1st. I can work at another Ford but my customers are human beings and they are the ones truly signing my paycheck so they deserve honest and respect. Now if anyone needs me to clarify anything for them please feel free to contact me but I am not here for dumb ass bullshit from people who have no clue wtf they're talking about. So if there's a question or concern message me. I'm done dealing with stupid uneducated drama that serves no positive purpose beyond confusing people and scaring them.

dabush1980

Black Diamond
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay I missed the part where we are taking my words out of context. So allow me to be clear. 1st as the finance director (not a finance manager) I have and will maintain control over the Bronco orders at our dealership. Again I ask please show me what Ford has said? Where is this? Because you're choosing to take things out of context I am going to make a point why don't you switch your reservation to my dealership and I'll be happy to cancel it for you so you can realize what I post here is in fact THE TRUTH. 2nd when a price is given in writing we don't get to randomly decide to change it. That's not how it works. 3rd I've promised each individual who has a reservation at my store I will be showing them their own invoice for their build. I am and will remain loyal to my reservation holders as we have all taken this ride together. Keep in mind Ford does not receive the build until the dealership pushes the button to send it to them. There's also a tiny spot that says priority when you place a retail order. The dealership puts a number in their to indicate to Ford which vehicles to build 1st. My post was to help educate people, not to be used to scare them. Lastly, I work with a team so I am no ones patsy!! My loyalty is to my customers 1st. I can work at another Ford but my customers are human beings and they are the ones truly signing my paycheck so they deserve honest and respect. Now if anyone needs me to clarify anything for them please feel free to contact me but I am not here for dumb ass bullshit from people who have no clue wtf they're talking about. So if there's a question or concern message me. I'm done dealing with stupid uneducated drama that serves no positive purpose beyond confusing people and scaring them.
You have a power issue. Maybe you are thinking bronco sport and not the big bronco. You might keep some of your current customers but I doubt you will grow by threatening to cancel someones order. I also would hate to think we received reservation numbers but yet the dealer can adjust those and move someone that ordered August in front of a July 14th order.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have a power issue. Maybe you are thinking bronco sport and not the big bronco. You might keep some of your current customers but I doubt you will grow by threatening to cancel someones order. I also would hate to think we received reservation numbers but yet the dealer can adjust those and move someone that ordered August in front of a July 14th order.
Again out of context. I'm not on any power trip. I simply stated facts to a small group of my own customers. That was taken by a non member of the group and made to sound like something it was not intended to be. There were zero threats. When someone questions my integrity and or knowledge on my job that's an issue.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again to clarify ....

20201204_000051.jpg
Sponsored