First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im still confused, can dealers change/manipulate or otherwise modify how quickly someone gets their Bronco OUTSIDE of the Reservation made by the customer.

I thought its based on reservation number/date reservation placed only but its just getting more muddy
Sponsored

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just switched on Monday and the Ford person told me that my reservation stays the same and I get my $100 back from my old dealership. I just logged in and I still have my same reservation number

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im still confused, can dealers change/manipulate or otherwise modify how quickly someone gets their Bronco OUTSIDE of the Reservation made by the customer.
THIS

dabush1980

Black Diamond
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Again to clarify ....

20201204_000051.jpg
This doesn’t clarify anything except that Ford has the right to cancel the order. It does however show that you are adamant on proving you have power to modify our orders as you feel. You language from my original comment shows your true nature and how I would never deal with your stealership. I would expect you hold yourself to a higher standard. It doesn’t look like anything you have shown us proves you can reorganize orders to change who is in the front of the line. Sorry if this upsets you but I work for customers also and would never use such language.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I thought its based on reservation number/date reservation placed only but its just getting more muddy
Yes, dealers control the order within their order bank, with a few exceptions.

1. They can't override commodities, so if they want a 2 door and there aren't any, that order gets skipped.

2. They have to have allocation, each week (assumed weekly, others lines are, but could be different), dealers will get an allocation amount to schedule, if they don't have any (or enough) their order won't get a VIN that week.

So again, yes the dealers will be the ones prioritizing orders. This was announced at the September meeting where allocation was announced. As with everything Bronco, it could change, but I don't see it changing. First, I don't think Ford's ordering system has the ability to do the ordering reservation and it would turn into a nightmare. Second, there needs to be ability to adjust. I've got customers who don't want a Bronco before fall, so I need the ability to delay theirs if needed. I have a second reservation (thanks to you paranoid people on here making me nervous I couldn't switch trims), that I was going to cancel, but now my wife thinks she wants it. It's a second or third day reservation, but I don't want it until I've had a chance to drive a 2 door so I can switch if I'm happy with the way it drives and she can have the first one.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So again, yes the dealers will be the ones prioritizing orders.
Can you please expand on this a little:
  • Assume the order is actually entered into WBDO
  • Dealers will assign a priority code....from 10 to 19
  • Ford's system will crank out a DORA, showing the build & priority.
What else is in play?????????????

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you please expand on this a little:
  • Assume the order is actually entered into WBDO
  • Dealers will assign a priority code....from 10 to 19
  • Ford's system will crank out a DORA, showing the build & priority.
What else is in play?????????????
Dealer will put the order in and assign a priority (and they can switch that priority at any time). DORA gets kicked out on initial and any time there is a change on the order (next day after change). It shows priority, but not build, that isn't known until its scheduled.

Priority will be the way to organize. Since there's only 10 priorities, dealers will have to set up their own system. Set ones that match allocation in order for first 5, then some 2nd choices on 15-17, with ones you want but aren't up yet at 18 and ones you do NOT want at this time as 19, as one example.

As to what unit gets scheduled if there's a commodity control on an order (dealer vs dealer with both having that order as their first priority), it used to be retail (sold) first, then oldest order, that's the reason I'll be putting in my first one first day the order bank opens. It may not be the case on Bronco, and Ford's been a LOT better about not being short on commodities so probably not a factor, but I'll still be ordering first day.

Rustytuna

Base
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Base

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. I do have some confusion still because of what @StephensAutoCenter said in this thread https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ic-bronco-connection.4332/page-58#post-348391

Stephen’s makes me think this process is totally unique to the Bronco and the process you are describing may be for dealer allocation and not the Bronco reservation process? I could we way off here.
I don't know what he's trying to say, all I know is what we were told by Ford at the Bronco dealer meeting and that was that we'd be the one's setting the priority to get orders built in the order that made sense for our store. It was said in no uncertain terms and left no doubt in my mind. Not saying it couldn't change, but I don't think it will.

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This doesn’t clarify anything except that Ford has the right to cancel the order. It does however show that you are adamant on proving you have power to modify our orders as you feel. You language from my original comment shows your true nature and how I would never deal with your stealership. I would expect you hold yourself to a higher standard. It doesn’t look like anything you have shown us proves you can reorganize orders to change who is in the front of the line. Sorry if this upsets you but I work for customers also and would never use such language.
@NayNay has been transparent about any info that she gets from her Ford rep. And how exactly are they a "stealership" when they're actually providing our forum with discounts? The ones in my area aren't even willing to talk going under MSRP. Leonardtown is. I feel very comfortable with my decision to switch to them.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer will put the order in and assign a priority (and they can switch that priority at any time). DORA gets kicked out on initial and any time there is a change on the order (next day after change). It shows priority, but not build, that isn't known until its scheduled.

Priority will be the way to organize. Since there's only 10 priorities, dealers will have to set up their own system. Set ones that match allocation in order for first 5, then some 2nd choices on 15-17, with ones you want but aren't up yet at 18 and ones you do NOT want at this time as 19, as one example.

As to what unit gets scheduled if there's a commodity control on an order (dealer vs dealer with both having that order as their first priority), it used to be retail (sold) first, then oldest order, that's the reason I'll be putting in my first one first day the order bank opens. It may not be the case on Bronco, and Ford's been a LOT better about not being short on commodities so probably not a factor, but I'll still be ordering first day.
Thanks for the details- If you don't care about your build time then this is meaningless. Some are holding on that Ford is going to wait till Feb 1st to sort out the build order. Good luck with that. As for dealer assigned priority, what is wrong with a dealer like @NayNay taking care of their Current customers? At the time, didn't @Granger Ford improve their Current customers build time by offering the $2k October offer? The reservations themselves are not unlike a commodity and their movements impacts all of us. For now they are moved for price but nothing stops them for being moved for a build slot ( ADM ? ). I still wonder if a dealer can have more allocations than converted reservations.

OP
OP
sbplum

sbplum

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it's worth - I talked to Ford corporate yesterday via the marketing dept number that most of us used for switching. I straight up asked if dealers will be able to change the priority or if the priority/delivery date will be managed on Ford corporate's end and she said it hasn't been decided yet.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the details- If you don't care about your build time then this is meaningless. Some are holding on that Ford is going to wait till Feb 1st to sort out the build order. Good luck with that. As for dealer assigned priority, what is wrong with a dealer like @NayNay taking care of their Current customers? At the time, didn't @Granger Ford improve their Current customers build time by offering the $2k October offer? The reservations themselves are not unlike a commodity and their movements impacts all of us. For now they are moved for price but nothing stops them for being moved for a build slot ( ADM ? ). I still wonder if a dealer can have more allocations than converted reservations.
Yes, a dealer can have more allocation than reservations. Some dealers didn't participate in the reservation program, so ALL of their allocations don't have reservations. That doesn't mean they'll have stock, Ford won't be scheduling stock orders, but they will be able to get Retail (sold, but could be fresh post reservation orders) scheduled with their allocations. Ford specifically mentioned regular orders already, remember not everyone is on the internet so this is a path for them (even if its a small one)

Everyone seems fixated on the ADMS getting units bumped ahead, for most dealers, I don't see this happening much since I'm betting that most will be one price on every order, whatever price that is (MSRP, Invoice, under, ADM), so no profit advantage to bumping.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, that will not be what actually happens. I was initially trying to clarify some things within a small group and it has gotten out of control. My goal was to clarify and be honest. Dealers should not be picking and choosing nor canceling anyone's reservations. The ability is designed for flexibility. Not for abuse. If you do not have any faith in your dealership it may be wise to change. The 2 employees who have reservations in our dealership will be pushed back to allow for our customers to be before us. Our dealership also has requests for some reservations to be pushed back due to Covid impact and/or military being unable to take delivery right away. Hopefully this helps.
Sponsored