First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just arrived at the Austin Off-Roadeo and asked about getting a manual transmission to drive. Apparently all the MT Broncos have been returned to Ford with clutches burned out.

The staff said that too many people attending didn’t really know how to drive a stick and kept burning the clutches up. But it makes me wonder if the clutch needs improvement?
Sponsored

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somewhere in this story there feels like a "hold my beer" moment took place...

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah it’s so easy to ride/burn up a clutch when off road especially if you’ve never done it before.

I could’ve easily killed my clutch the first time I took my Jeep on the sand hahah I had no idea what I was doing, and that you really gotta keep it on the gear you’re in and keep your momentum up.

This isn’t fords first time pairing the 2.3 with a manual, I’m sure it’s fine

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like my last deployment. We had Toyota coaster buses to get us around the main base. Lots of people said they knew how to drive stick....

These things also had a 1st gear so low it was practically a crawler gear yet people stalled them all the time. You can imagine they were beat to shit.

Not going to lie they were kinda fun to drive

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All the more reason they should have dedicated MT for those with one on order. If you don’t…you get AT.

There should be an education available for those with less experience off-road that prefer MT.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just arrived at the Austin Off-Roadeo and asked about getting a manual transmission to drive. Apparently all the MT Broncos have been returned to Ford with clutches burned out.

The staff said that too many people attending didn’t really know how to drive a stick and kept burning the clutches up. But it makes me wonder if the clutch needs improvement?
It is constant low speed and stop and go driving. A clutch doesn't stand a chance, every day for 4-5 hours a day.

Sponsored

jreburn

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW! I was at Austin OR 2 weeks ago and there was only 1 manual transmission. They try to reserve them for people who ordered a manual. I was one of 2 people that ordered a manual and the other one got it both days. But I wasn’t upset because I found a mannequin manual at a dealer near me so I’ve driven one before.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Doesn't surprise me. Off roading with a manual is not hard and you can put a bunch of hard miles on one if you know what you're doing.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sent back to Ford? The land where very few Broncos escape? You’d think they’d have contracted with a repair shop close to each off rodeo. Then again Ford has shown that it hasn’t thought once about anything when it comes to the Bronco release.
Sponsored