Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mazda has a tune I haven't had to smog it yet.

I don't know how the Ford Tunes work, but I can revert mine back and forth at will with my laptop...well I've never tried but 🤷

Last edited:

Sponsored

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The best part of stuff like this is that it won't be long until no one actually lives in CA anymore, and it'll be awesome to visit and enjoy the weather without traffic.
Yeah, but then they ruin cool places like Austin, Montana and Idaho.....

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting, thanks for posting. Would you all figure that private company tunes may be an issue in the peoples republic in the future, but that official Ford factory tunes should be OK? I thought I saw someone say supposedly Ford was going to offer a tune for the 2.7, similar to what they offer for the Ranger?

OP
OP

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Leave it to Cali.... Mazda has a tune I haven't had to mod it yet.

I don't know how the Ford Tunes work, but I can revert mine back and forth at will with my laptop...well I've never tried but 🤷
Apparently this is a new twist. If you have EVER loaded a tune, the smog Nazis will know, even if you put it back to stock and fail you (even if all emission monitors turned on and working fine). Then you have to pay Ford to reset this indicator.

Interesting, thanks for posting. Would you all figure that private company tunes may be an issue in the peoples republic in the future, but that official Ford factory tunes should be OK? I thought I saw someone say supposedly Ford was going to offer a tune for the 2.7, similar to what they offer for the Ranger?
Yes, unlikely Ford would be selling a tune that is not emission compliant. That said, Roush (which might as well be Ford), sells 3 different versions of their blower setup for my 14 Stang GT. Only the mildest with the closed air cleaner assembly is CARB approved.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the tune in question have an EO#? It took us years to break back into California. The EO process is a slog for sure. But we're selling all kinds of blower kits with accompanying tunes in that state. The only issue is that the kit is only legal when installed and maintained exactly as it was certified in the EO.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe keep 2 ECM's on hand :unsure:

Sponsored
OP
OP

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does the tune in question have an EO#? It took us years to break back into California. The EO process is a slog for sure. But we're selling all kinds of blower kits with accompanying tunes in that state. The only issue is that the kit is only legal when installed and maintained exactly as it was certified in the EO.
I doubt it, how many do? Roush makes you send them processor for EO blower tune. Who's "we're" and what kits are you selling?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt it, how many do? Roush makes you send them processor for EO blower tune. Who's "we're" and what kits are you selling?
That's the logo on the other side of my QA lab.

Ford Bronco No more tunes in Cali?? [WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20210303_134514

And my card if you need it.

Ford Bronco No more tunes in Cali?? [WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20210303_134732

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Move to Alberta,no smogs here

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same thing happened to my daughter in Maryland years ago. Hyundai Elantra. The computer in the car was not playing well with the emissions computer so instead of testing the actual emissions, they flunked it. I was willing to to court to get a writ to force them to, but daughter sold it...

Edit: I now live in the area of the state where it's not required...

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I live in ca in 2001 i built my cobra ,i had to register it as a special construction the process i could write a book about . An sb 100 is what i ended up with a goofy sticker applied under hood ,when the referee put it on he turned to me and said "you know thats like gold" oh boy he was right. It makes the car smog exempt for life ! I could put a jet engine,radial aircraft,potbelly stove in there and its good in ca.
Hopefully we can get by this latest gut punch and move on.
Sponsored