Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

"The only thing I see the Lightning process fixing is multiple or abandoned reservations."

Only thing, but then you list #3 (multiple) AND #4 (abandon) as "fixing" with #1 also being "helped". :unsure:

So, isn't 75% (of your list) "fixed" or "helped"?

If dealer can't take orders they're not already allocated, then you won't have #2 because a dealer can't take more orders than units they will have to fill those orders. Orders can only be taken about 3 months out means no 2 year wait anymore... So won't that be solved too?

We will have to find a dealer that will/can (have allotment to sell) sell us one and negotiate up front with them. With high demand items that won't be as easy as just getting on a reservation list, as painful as waiting has been, we'll see real world market prices when orders/sales are held to actual production.

i.e. (made up example) if they can build 15,000 trucks per month than looking three months out they can only take 45,000 orders, but there are 200,000 people that want one. How good is your relationship with your dealer? AND, what is their allocation?

If orders are simply done monthly then cut that number to a third, but you can try every month!
Yeah - I split out the last two. The first one is a very minor help: they are still going to have too many high mix reservations for what they can produce.
Sponsored

HieronymusLex

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mitsubishi Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure what to believe anymore. First the stop orders in March...to be able to get all the 21 converted orders to 22 done by the end of the year. (Well its August and havent heard a thing from Ford yet on my order.. 21months and counting)
Now they are saying they are focusing t
on the MY22 orders..so are those the new 22 orders? Or the carryovers?? I spoke with Ford Motor company customer service Friday asking whats holding things back.
Lux, Tow, Sasquatch Package, 2.7 engines. So if you added a HOSS 3.0 to your Wildtrak, that will eliminate the Sasquatch problem.
But like i mentioned, 21 months and counting on my order. I have no tow, now lux, went to soft top to speed it up even and not a peep from Ford.... but now on top of that...wondering if i have to switch to a 23 will they honor the color i ordered back in 21. Since they are discontinuing at the end of 22... this is absolutely ridiculous how Ford could get it this out of hand and not finish orders that are almost 2 yrs old.. but the you see others posting.. order 3/4/22 Wildtrak and just got it... no reservation, just walked in placed a order and now has it.. thats F*cked up if you ask me
Unfortunately, dealer allocation is king (it trumps everything). This is just an example, but, if your dealer has only 4 Wildtrak allocations per MY and when you ordered back in 21 there were 10 people ahead of you with Wildtrak orders at your dealer, you may have to wait for 2-3 years regardless of the options you have on it.

If someone walks into a dealer that has 1 Wildtrak allocation per year and no one has placed an order for a Wildtrak at that dealer, they are likely going to get it before you.

Your dealer may be out of allocations for the year which sucks. Definitely recommend having a chat with your dealer. Maybe changing your trim can get you one quicker.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You aren't considered an early reservation. Many don't even consider those who reserved under the Grange-tober promotion to be early reservation holders. But as a blanket label, if you reserved in 2020 before the order banks opened in Jan. 2021, then you are considered an early reservation holder.
Appreciated. I figured, but still hoped I'd be in the running. lol In all honesty, I think it's really fair. I wish they'd actually do this rather than be random a lot of the time.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I add HOSS 3.0, didn't make any difference because ALLOCATION is king.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately, dealer allocation is king (it trumps everything). This is just an example, but, if your dealer has only 4 Wildtrak allocations per MY and when you ordered back in 21 there were 10 people ahead of you with Wildtrak orders at your dealer, you may have to wait for 2-3 years regardless of the options you have on it.

If someone walks into a dealer that has 1 Wildtrak allocation per year and no one has placed an order for a Wildtrak at that dealer, they are likely going to get it before you.

Your dealer may be out of allocations for the year which sucks. Definitely recommend having a chat with your dealer. Maybe changing your trim can get you one quicker.
Didn't realize allocations went by trim packages.

Sponsored

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does this mean I get my 2021 order?
I called Ford CS earlier today to check my status. The rep told me anyone who is getting pushed to 2023 will be sent an email on 9-7-22. If you get the email, you’re getting a priority 2023. If you don’t get it, you’re staying a priority 2022. They aren’t opening the order bank for new 2023 orders until the current reservation holder inventory starts getting taken care of.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I called Ford CS earlier today to check my status. The rep told me anyone who is getting pushed to 2023 will be sent an email on 9-7-22. If you get the email, you’re getting a priority 2023. If you don’t get it, you’re staying a priority 2022. They aren’t opening the order bank for new 2023 orders until the current reservation holder inventory starts getting taken care of.
The only priority that counts are ones that Ford chooses to build, the rest is hogwash. I get lots of promises from Ford, they just choose to kick the can down the road.

HieronymusLex

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mitsubishi Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am hearing they are only delaying new orders by one month (Est. October 15th). Most likely to get current order holders to the front of the line.

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am hearing they are only delaying new orders by one month (Est. October 15th). Most likely to get current order holders to the front of the line.
Maybe so. Who knows. She may just be telling me a line. I’d venture to guess Ford has an interest in fulfilling current orders as quick as they can. We can hope 🤞🏻 though
But I’m sure we’ll continue hearing stories about some guy who went into a dealer on November 4, 2022 and ordered a bronco and received it in April though.

Sponsored

HieronymusLex

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mitsubishi Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe so. Who knows. She may just be telling me a line. I’d venture to guess Ford has an interest in fulfilling current orders as quick as they can. We can hope 🤞🏻
Definitely. I think they making progress. I have seen more Broncos on the lot here at my local dealership (awaiting pick up) than ever. In fact, I was called by my dealer the other day to inform me that they had an extra Bronco on the lot available for sale. Unfortunately, I was 12K short and couldn’t finance as I am in the midst of qualifying for a mortgage. So someone else bought it (MSRP though).

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been gone from this site for the better part of a year so there’s a chance I’m missing something; but I’m not seeing how this really speeds up the process for any of us.

I’m a 2 door SQ 2.7 build at a smaller dealer that isn’t getting the allocation that it should.

Key parts availability and orders in line ahead of me against dealer allocations are what’s had me waiting for over two years. Near as I can tell, Ford crapping out a bunch of stripped down 4dr BB’s isn’t affecting my order. This doesn’t seem to be a production volume problem nearly as much as it’s a key parts and allocation problem.

That said, will be happy to hear why I’m wrong and this will speed up scheduling for reservations.

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only priority that counts are ones that Ford chooses to build, the rest is hogwash. I get lots of promises from Ford, they just choose to kick the can down the road.
You’re probably right. But this is the first first time they’re modifying the order bank ability in this way and it’s the first time ford has said aloud that existing orders are their priority. We’ll see if it’s hogwash.

Edit: it’s also the first time I’ve heard of anyone being told an email will be sent on September 7 to existing orders getting updated to 2023. If that date comes and goes and nothing happens, that’s telling.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am going based off the research I have done. I do not work in the industry. If I am wrong, please correct me.
The only trim with special allocations is the Raptor. All others are just "Broncos". A dealer will receive allocations for "X" number or Broncos. It is not trim related other than the Raptor. But the bottom line it is still allocation driven followed by parts availability. The lower the trim level the fewer parts required to build it. If a dealer has 4 allocations and they are all upper end models with parts constraints and another dealer has 4 allocations and all their orders are base models, Ford will build the order they have the parts for.

HieronymusLex

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mitsubishi Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only trim with special allocations is the Raptor. All others are just "Broncos". A dealer will receive allocations for "X" number or Broncos. It is not trim related other than the Raptor. But the bottom line it is still allocation driven followed by parts availability. The lower the trim level the fewer parts required to build it. If a dealer has 4 allocations and they are all upper end models with parts constraints and another dealer has 4 allocations and all their orders are base models, Ford will build the order they have the parts for.
Thank you for clearing that up. That is good to know.
Sponsored