First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So same question. If someone who has a build that can be built gets theirs done before one that can’t- why is this a problem? Just saying “no one else can order” doesn’t solve the issues already there with available options.
Each month a dealer has only so many allocations...these can carry over from month to month, so a "walk in" order that gets built because of build type or options, it's technically taking a spot from a reservation holder with that dealership....just cause a build can't be built this week doesn't mean that it might not be able to be built next week....but I also understand that they have to keep the line moving
Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is what makes no sense to me at all. Our Maverick is a Lariat with Lux pkg, AWD, FX4, which is supposedly full of constraint items. We get it in under 6 mos. Bronco was also full of constraints, tow pkg, 2dr, hard top etc. Now, mind you, we waited a year and a half for the Bronco, but there are folks still waiting with identical or near identical orders AND there are identical orders being delivered to people that ordered 6 months ago! Same scenario with the Maverick. How does this make any sense?
Because these so called constraints and allocation voodoo math are all manufactured by FORD. There are no constraints that should prevent early reservation holders from having their trucks by now. FORD has produced 100K+ Broncos. There is no excuse. FORD does not honor its reservation holders. That is what happened.

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello all, first time post, lurked for a while. I am a Service Manager for a Ford dealership, it is true, no retail reservations when the order bank opens on the 12th. I was going to order our 23 when it opens and I can't order one either.

I had a 21 rsvp, canceled it when I found out it was eventually going to be a 22 like a dummy and now I can't order a 23 even being in the biz 20 years.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The only trim with special allocations is the Raptor. All others are just "Broncos". A dealer will receive allocations for "X" number or Broncos. It is not trim related other than the Raptor. But the bottom line it is still allocation driven followed by parts availability. The lower the trim level the fewer parts required to build it. If a dealer has 4 allocations and they are all upper end models with parts constraints and another dealer has 4 allocations and all their orders are base models, Ford will build the order they have the parts for.
Ford can't even build 2000 Raptors or whatever number they decided on. I am still trying to figure out their JIT process with planning because all they did was create another bucket of orders that were planned out of thin air apparently because well parts availability. I think a lot of us thought that they were for sure going to source all the parts for the Ratpor run ahead of time which didnt happen. Ford again promised an expedited timeline, they failed.

bdc7482

Base
First Name
BDC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 2D Base Sasquatch 2.7L Carbonized Grey Metall
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford: Don't worry about orders and MYs, kiddies...what about that cool deck of cards we just sent you!?

Sponsored

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
maybe who ever your friend or family is dont really like you or not hooked up with who ordering at that dealership because I already seen post of people who already clam to happen with .
I am a dealer and they pretty much changed when the Bronco came out letting us put priority on certain orders.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So the order banks for new orders opening around Nov 1st?

Ford will start schedule converted orders Sept 12th?

So there is a two week bump to stay ahead of new orders?

No discussion about allocation affecting orders.

I'm hoping!!! Let's go Ford!!!!

Tim Bartz just posted this on his Long McArthur YouTube channel.

Covers the same info that's in this thread. He gives a bit more detail on the COVP process

Thanks @FordVideoGuy

amassey

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've seen that the my2023 order banks got pushed back to september and that they won't be taking retail orders when the banks do open up. Does anyone know if they've done this on a different model before? If so, do they wait just to get the old orders converted or are they going to wait until all the old orders are built?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford can't even build 2000 Raptors or whatever number they decided on. I am still trying to figure out their JIT process with planning because all they did was create another bucket of orders that were planned out of thin air apparently because well parts availability. I think a lot of us thought that they were for sure going to source all the parts for the Ratpor run ahead of time which didnt happen. Ford again promised an expedited timeline, they failed.
I can understand the 2021 debacle to some extent, but they've had the number of reservations that are WT, BL, OBX, BD, etc. since July of 2020, and the number of orders since March of 2021, and as you said for the Raptor they knew how many for a while, and two plus years later they still can't sequence the parts right.

The one good thing, I noticed most of the builds in the 8/1 spreadsheet were 700+ day reservations. The mean was 632, but the mode was 736 and the bell curve looked like this:
Ford Bronco NO New Bronco Retail Orders When 2023 Order Bank Opens 9/12. Dealer Stock and Converted Previous Orders Only. 08012022 build week curve

55% were Badlands last week.

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the order banks for new orders opening around Nov 1st?

Ford will start schedule converted orders Sept 12th?

So there is a two week bump to stay ahead of new orders?

No discussion about allocation affecting orders.

I'm hoping!!! Let's go Ford!!!!
No word or speculation from Tim on when new retail orders open. Although we could speculate that since COPV stays open till Nov 14th it would be after that.
Ford Bronco NO New Bronco Retail Orders When 2023 Order Bank Opens 9/12. Dealer Stock and Converted Previous Orders Only. 1659992353958

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That will be great news if they have three scheduling cycles before retail opens.

No word or speculation from Tim on when new retail orders open. Although we could speculate that since COPV stays open till Nov 14th it would be after that.
Ford Bronco NO New Bronco Retail Orders When 2023 Order Bank Opens 9/12. Dealer Stock and Converted Previous Orders Only. 1659992353958

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not sure if this has been done before.

Repeating from a post that clarified some of my questions.

A. Starting 9/12 Convert our orders to 2023 MY if you have one.
B. Sept 30th ish they start scheduling 2023.
C. Nov 14th converting orders ends.
D. New orders will open after the 14th. No one know.
E. Hopefully scheduling will be heavy before the new order banks open.

If ford can schedule three months of production that can get 37,500 orders that have been waiting in cue before new orders start flooding the system it would be great.

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If someone could clarify- as I am reading this a little differently: what does the term “non-retail” mean on Ford world? In a previous life, that meant non-dealer-stock orders. That could mean anything other than a dealer putting it on their lot. That definition is key.

HieronymusLex

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mitsubishi Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If someone could clarify- as I am reading this a little differently: what does the term “non-retail” mean on Ford world? In a previous life, that meant non-dealer-stock orders. That could mean anything other than a dealer putting it on their lot. That definition is key.
In the video he explains “non-retail” orders means dealer stock orders.

Edit: to add to this. He explains dealer stock orders will be in lower trims. So he thinks they will mostly be Big Bends, Soft Top, 2.3L, etc.
Sponsored

Last edited: