Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2023 Model Year Changeover is happening soon. Due to shifts in 2022MY production schedule, the previously communicated date of August 15th for the 2023 MYCO and order bank opening has been adjusted to September 12th. In order to continue prioritizing early order holders, we will not be taking new retail orders when the 2023 order bank opens. Prospective customers may still be able to purchase a Bronco from dealer stock orders, which we anticipate will be available in limited quantities on lower demand trims and options. We will continue to monitor the order bank status throughout the process and will provide an update on the retail order bank opening in Q4.

All remaining unscheduled 2022MY orders will be converted to 2023MY and will require verification via the Customer Order Verification Program (COVP). Unconverted reservations will be required to be converted to orders and will also require verification.

Everyone with an outstanding order that was BEFORE bronco COVP, needs to make damn sure to get with their dealer contact person and make sure they get all of your information needed to them well before Nov. 14th, otherwise you will be SOL. If you've decided to not take delivery of an order, have the decency to tell your dealer to cancel your order. AFAIK, they won't be able to roll it into a free "stock" unit if you don't COVP before Nov. 14. It sounds like Ford is trying to tighten things up to help cut down on abandoned units and dead reservations.

My dealer said.....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Big Lig

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Super, 2018 Jeep Sahara JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The claim of zero MY23 retail orders doesn’t make a lot of sense.

If Ford is clamping down on what dealers can order, like trims lower than OB, no high demand upgrades, etc… how Is it any will get a Heritage? I doubt none will be available to order as a customer order… it may just be later in the MY…. I’m gonna try to be patient. I fully understand that many are at the last ounce of patience at this point. I’m truly sorry for y’all.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Will the mod top be available when the order guide is released? Will the Heritage Edition be available when the order guide is released? The mod top will be a constraint from the beginning as all the 99s get in line after COVP. Once they allow new orders at some point in MY23 demand will only increase for the mod top and allocations will get the lions share.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

If Ford is clamping down on what dealers can order, like trims lower than OB, no high demand upgrades, etc… how Is it any will get a Heritage? I doubt none will be available to order as a customer order… it may just be later in the MY…. I’m gonna try to be patient. I fully understand that many are at the last ounce of patience at this point. I’m truly sorry for y’all.
Lots of unknowns, but I'd assume that converted orders will have the opportunity to change to a Heritage. This would probably, maybe, be like the Golden Ticket Raptor. I mean, who knows the exact mechanism. I also expect that the Favored dealers will get some heritage allocation for dealer stock. it's all guesswork though until details are released.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From reading other forums on other Ford vehicles, and from what one dealer here said (gulp) when using the COVP program dealer allocation either doesn't apply, or at least has much less impact on you getting your vehicle.

I can't find anything official from Ford. And Ford doesn't like to talk to customers. They want the dealers to do it, but then they either don't give the dealers the info, or you get dealers that don't care. (I've never had a situation where a sales person at a dealership knew anything about the car he was selling other than how to set up Sync). So... who knows if what I'm reading is true?

Would be nice if the COVP program ignored allocation and filled the orders in the order they were placed... Course it'd be nice if world peace broke out tomorrow too, so...

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I believe it is being misread or misunderstood. I'm reading it as they will not be taking retail orders initially so they can fill the large backorder of existing retail and stock orders. Once that's down some then they'll open up to retail orders. However, at this time they're not saying when they expect that to be. And for the dealer stock orders, it kind of sounds like they're not taking NEW orders from stock, but allowing the existing stock orders to be converted to MY23 first? That's just a complete guess on my end though.

Could it take them long enough to fill all the back orders that it'll be MY24 before they start accepting retail orders again?
Possibly. Is it likely? I personally don't think so.
If the COVP program does require a much larger non-refundable deposit like I was told, I expect a good amount of the flippers will change their minds. And the people that ordered 3 to see which came in first will also probably change their minds. But you'll still have the ones like the used car lot down the street from me that had 10+ orders and is just putting them on his lot for $15k markup as they get built.. Those guys will still stick around.
But since they're not taking new orders, you shouldn't get those situations where someone orders a new one identical to someone sitting on one of the mountains and they get theirs before the person that ordered 2 years ago. Hopefully....

Wish Ford could tell us stuff. But I guess it'd hurt their stock price if they were too truthful.

Big Lig

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I believe it is being misread or misunderstood. I'm reading it as they will not be taking retail orders initially so they can fill the large backorder of existing retail and stock orders. Once that's down some then they'll open up to retail orders. However, at this time they're not saying when they expect that to be. And for the dealer stock orders, it kind of sounds like they're not taking NEW orders from stock, but allowing the existing stock orders to be converted to MY23 first? That's just a complete guess on my end though.

Could it take them long enough to fill all the back orders that it'll be MY24 before they start accepting retail orders again?
Possibly. Is it likely? I personally don't think so.
If the COVP program does require a much larger non-refundable deposit like I was told, I expect a good amount of the flippers will change their minds. And the people that ordered 3 to see which came in first will also probably change their minds. But you'll still have the ones like the used car lot down the street from me that had 10+ orders and is just putting them on his lot for $15k markup as they get built.. Those guys will still stick around.
But since they're not taking new orders, you shouldn't get those situations where someone orders a new one identical to someone sitting on one of the mountains and they get theirs before the person that ordered 2 years ago. Hopefully....

Wish Ford could tell us stuff. But I guess it'd hurt their stock price if they were too truthful.
This is basically what I’m thinking also.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also to be fair, people may have reserved in 2020 however ford didn’t start production of the bronco until June of 21, thus only a little over a year. So thinking it would take another 1.5 years of production to get caught up especially once bogus orders are weeded out with COVP seems a bit of a stretch. I do think 23MY banks will open up eventually.
Most manufacturers are hurting for chips right now and there have been multiple recalls ford has had to fix, so it may take some time but glad they are prioritizing the older orders as well as confirming with COVP

Big Lig

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also to be fair, people may have reserved in 2020 however ford didn’t start production of the bronco until June of 21, thus only a little over a year. So thinking it would take another 1.5 years of production to get caught up especially once bogus orders are weeded out with COVP seems a bit of a stretch. I do think 23MY banks will open up eventually.
Most manufacturers are hurting for chips right now and there have been multiple recalls ford has had to fix, so it may take some time but glad they are prioritizing the older orders as well as confirming with COVP
I am also, just sucks that I want to place an order now lol.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am also, just sucks that I want to place an order now lol.
Right there with ya, except I also don’t want cheap parts to break and to sit at a dealer for a month or more waiting on parts for a repair that shouldn’t have been necessary on a new vehicle. I hope they place quality over quantity in getting folks their broncos as well.

Sponsored

Big Lig

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Right there with ya, except I also don’t want cheap parts to break and to sit at a dealer for a month or more waiting on parts for a repair that shouldn’t have been necessary on a new vehicle. I hope they place quality over quantity in getting folks their broncos as well.
Facts.

I waited to try to line up my retirement from the Navy and 50th birthday… both about a year out.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Facts.

I waited to try to line up my retirement from the Navy and 50th birthday… both about a year out.
Early Congrats on your retirement and I hope you get your new ride about then too!

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wondering if the MOD top becomes available to order in MY23 will that make the MIC top not constrained? Hopefully they are produced on different lines.
no, they'll just both be constrained
Sponsored