First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't understand the point of this. I thought everybody who placed an order for a Bronco had theirs already.

**runs and hides in Australia**

I hear they sell that stuff at Starbuck's.
only the ones that settled for a more doors bronco ;)

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nah, you donā€™t have to. Many dealers asked for driverā€™s license for they own reasons, but itā€™s not required by Ford unless you are doing COVP.

Depends on the dealer. Ford themselves isnā€™t doing the inquiry, itā€™s the dealer doing it probably in partnership with a 3rd party bank.

If itā€™s just a soft inquiry itā€™ll have no impact on your credit. If itā€™s a hard inquiry it will appear on your credit score and stay there for ~2 years. That will impact your credit, but itā€™s impacts drop significantly after 3 months. So if you otherwise have good credit itā€™s unlikely to have a significant impact on your rates.
Ok cool thanks for explaining, hopefully itā€™s a soft pull for COVP then and hard pull is fine for delivery. Want to get the best financing I can and just donā€™t want multiple hard inquiries possibly in the same year for the same purchase, wasnā€™t sure how that worked

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They tried with the Bronco reservation system.

Unfortunately Mach-E and Bronco order holders got to be the guinea pigs. Ford took what they learned on those two vehicles and built much better systems for the Maverick and an ever better system for the F-150 Lightning.
What did they change on the Maverick and Lightning reservation systems? Presumably it helped? Just curious about the process changes.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The bean counters at Ford may be pushing for them to give greater weight to early reservation holders due to the price protection. Fordā€™s manufacturing/supply costs have certainly gone up in the last two years and I canā€™t see them not honoring pricing for those of us who initially placed our order before the March 2021 price protection cut off date. Iā€™ll be at my dealer on 9/12 to convert my first week reservation (January 21/October 21) order to a 2023. Maybe I have a chance of taking delivery 24 months after my initial 1.29.21 order, lol.

Sponsored

JuztQu3zt

Outer Banks
First Name
jhanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 camaro 2ss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When you converted from MY21 to MY22, didnā€™t you have to give a copy of your drivers license anyway? I did. And I noticed our priority number was waaaaay lower on that order. I assumed it was because my dealership knows I hate them and had been talking shit about the whole you canā€™t test drive but you can pay us $400 to rent the Bronco from us bullshit they pulled. Including filing a complaint with Ford (which Iā€™m sure went straight into the trashcan).

Really regretting not going to my second choice. Even more pissed I couldnā€™t switch dealers when we had to reorder for MY22. Oh well.

It seemed like everyone and their mom in Texas had one already. Maybe thatā€™s where theyā€™ve been allocated everything for the last two years.
I wish texas did it get them sooner I wouldnt still be waiting with a grage full of accessories and hardware for my invisible bronco

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish texas did it get them sooner I wouldnt still be waiting with a grage full of accessories and hardware for my invisible bronco
Well, Iā€™ll let my parentsā€™ neighbors know theyā€™re stupid line cutters. (Because they are)

šŸ˜‚ But really, I donā€™t know what the deal was and why there were so many. I donā€™t feel like the Fredericksburg dealership is high volume. Maybe they got them from one in Austin or SA.

They did however let me cruise around in their demo, after I walked in to look at it. Even knowing I had an order in a different state. Much unlike our shitty PA dealer.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m not sure truthfully, but I know if you order wasnā€™t part of COVP you had almost no chance of getting your Maverick this year.

Basically it works like this:
  1. You submit an order. When you submit an order you provide a copy of your driverā€™s license.
  2. If your name/address matches the name/address on the order, the dealer can submit the order for COVP verification.
  3. If approved, Ford assigns that order a priority code less than 10. Priority codes less than 10 can only be assigned my Ford themselves. (Lower the number the higher the priority.)
  4. COVP orders are given priority over non-COVP retail orders.
There is a requirement in the COVP program than dealers must sell a certain percentage of COVP orders to customers who placed the original orders (I think its 70%). If they do not, dealers can lose allocation. So to ensure customers are serious about ordering a Maverick, many dealers are requiring non-refundable deposits to anyone who places a COVP order, and many are requiring the customer passes a credit check so they can actually purchase the vehicle when it arrives.
Maybe I'm reading more into this than I should, but wouldn't having to sell 70% to customers who placed the original order reduce the chance of dealers giving a surprise ADM so original order folks don't walk away? I can't imagine dealers risking future allocations. If true, moving to COVP seems like a sneaky way that Ford is able to also address dealer ADM.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They should get rid of allocating and go by time stamp of orders then to clear the backlog
I don't think anyone will disagree that Ford should of upheld their initial commitment of building in time stamp order. But since Ford introduced allocation into the formula, they never will go back to a time stamp order commitment. With the acceptance of allocation existing, then the formula needs to be weighted to address the number of existing verified retail orders outstanding at each dealership. Next is to apply a target percentage such as 80%. For dealers that are small enough with only 25 or less orders, they should get 100%. Knock them out and get them off the books. 1 or 2 Broncos every month for those small dealers shouldn't ruffle any feathers at Ford and the large dealers. For dealers such as Granger/SAC/Chapman/etc. with large outstanding orders should receive an 80% allocation target.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not if they required $1k non refundable deposits and verified so the person canā€™t place multiple orders or allowed one at a time, eliminate the rest.
Iā€™ll pay $5000 non refundable if you will tell us which fā€™ng dealer has allotment.
Screw anyone who thinks I have to play some unwritten rule of trying to game the system that you
1) wonā€™t tell us what the rules are
2) change them if anyone figures them out

why should anyone give a non refundable deposit on something there is no contractual obligation to fulfill, nor sell at the negotiated price

also why should a dealer agree to sell something that they donā€™t know if or when they will get and at what price they may be charged for it

Sponsored

JuztQu3zt

Outer Banks
First Name
jhanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 camaro 2ss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, Iā€™ll let my parentsā€™ neighbors know theyā€™re stupid line cutters. (Because they are)

šŸ˜‚ But really, I donā€™t know what the deal was and why there were so many. I donā€™t feel like the Fredericksburg dealership is high volume. Maybe they got them from one in Austin or SA.

They did however let me cruise around in their demo, after I walked in to look at it. Even knowing I had an order in a different state. Much unlike our shitty PA dealer.
Lop I actually did research on allocations in north Texas and went to make my order from the dealership with most spots in North Texas and still waiting lol did get some news 2 months ago was number 52 out of 64 inking with the first 12 going into production lol

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This needed a new thread for everyone to notice! Multiple people on here and Facebook that work at ford places have said this! Name of ā€œford store ownerā€ colored over for their privacy in case it matters since it wasnā€™t posted here.

[/QUOTE}

Sucks for all those people with out reservations that dealership told to come in and pre-order MY23 models before the order banks open!

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was given the same info when I asked my dealer to 99 my order. " You can place it on a 99 if you like to prevent it from scheduling. Any 22MY orders not scheduled will convert to 23MY. We have been advised that the modular hard tops will be a tightly constrained commodity so we cannot guarantee the customer will be able to get that option.... You will see online that the order banks are to open on Sept 15, but that is for "early order holders" only... not for the general public. "

I think my sales person meant the 12th. I really want the mod top and if I waited this long I might as well press pause for a month until the order banks open to get it.
This was my question. I'm thinking about 99ing my order. I want the MOD top and I want to see the new color options.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™ll pay $5000 non refundable if you will tell us which fā€™ng dealer has allotment.
Screw anyone who thinks I have to play some unwritten rule of trying to game the system that you
1) wonā€™t tell us what the rules are
2) change them if anyone figures them out

why should anyone give a non refundable deposit on something there is no contractual obligation to fulfill, nor sell at the negotiated price

also why should a dealer agree to sell something that they donā€™t know if or when they will get and at what price they may be charged for it
I get that, and ford messed up with using allotment to begin with. Should never have mattered what dealer someone ordered with, just limit one bronco order per customer driver license and build in the order it was received. Flippers and multi orders created a lot of the backlog and I know why people did it, just didnā€™t help the already constrained supply. Just saw Reddit post where people are getting a second or third bronco where they placed several orders and plan to flip them again, this shouldnā€™t be happening either.

DeggoT93

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco NO New Bronco Retail Orders When 2023 Order Bank Opens 9/12. Dealer Stock and Converted Previous Orders Only. 482CFDDD-7C30-4892-8E17-B14D1F53991B

FINALLY. After over two years of nothing I received a legit response from Ford. They canā€™t build my 7-15-20 Base Bronco reservation. But Iā€™m getting a free T-shirt. So Iā€™m super excited about that!!!! Maybe the third time will be the charm when I have to re-order again
FORD equals F*** Order Reservation holDers
Sponsored