First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
MAP isn't capable of that level of Bronco production. Max combined production is around 6k a week and close to a 60/40 split between Bronco and Ranger. If I remember right, the target number was about 550 Broncos per day.

I'm not sure even the F150 plants are capable of 1200 units a day.
F-150 is, we currently run about 600 per shift with 2 shifts a day. When we had tag relief we were running close to 700 per shift. But yeah, not possible with running the Ranger as well.
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can’t do much on people placing more orders. They may genuinely want it.
allocation system is not BS. Basically it allocates more to people who have sold more historically-both successful and not so successful models.
it will be very foolish on fords part to throw away allocation system and start allocating to any dealer who runs mass campaigns (saying less than invoice or so) across nation just for a desirable product and get thousand times the number of orders than their allocation. In my opinion, those dealers should be blamed. That is not customer service - it is disservice.
Secondly, orders can be made according to part availability. If parts are not there , it simply cannot be made
I disagree. Ford said they wanted to build a brand around Bronco and they even rewarded dealers for building Bronco specific showrooms so why shouldn't we applaud these enthusiastic dealers for trying to build brand loyalty instead of the typical "I can get you into that Explorer today" clueless dealer bullshit. Ford changed the rules and screwed over both the helpful dealers and tens of thousands of enthusiastic early adopters.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

JuztQu3zt

Outer Banks
First Name
jhanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 camaro 2ss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm tired, tired of waiting again, tired of hold on the phone, tired of hearing again and again "my order is constrained, we cant chip the brain, 2 door is too hard, we are sitting on thousands of cars...
Atleast you get some sortve detail all I get is clean unscheduled lol

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
the May Press Release says Dearborn made more than 1,000 a day in May

and how many shifts ?

what I'm asking - what is the plant capacity ? - if Dearborn has all the needed parts ?
There are 2 shifts Monday- Friday and 1 shift Saturday and Sunday if they don't work overtime. We currently build around 580-630 per shift, if they add tag relief back on then it's about 700 per shift. So about 700 per shift is maxed out.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
last year the Drummer said MAP projects 1,200 Broncos a day using two shifts

yeah, they aren't capable now
At the 7-3 build ratio he stated that would be over 1700 combined units a day. I am more inclined to believe 1200 a day combined at max production, no supply constraints, etc. I know PD was the golden goose of info for a couple of months but that sounds like some bad Intel.

And it was probably foolish of me to compare to F150 as that is Ford's bread and butter, that has been humming along since WWII and most likely gets dibs on shared constraints.

Sponsored

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree. Ford said they wanted to build a brand around Bronco and they even rewarded dealers for building Bronco specific showrooms so why shouldn't we applaud these enthusiastic dealers for trying to build brand loyalty instead of the typical "I can get you into that Explorer today" clueless dealer bullshit. Ford changed the rules and screwed over both the helpful dealers and tens of thousands of enthusiastic early adopters.
I guess the Issue is when enthusiasm becomes selective to popular models and try to rope in nation wide customers knowing fully well about the limited allocation that they may get. I think it is a matter of short term and long term.Some did a lot more investment and achieved sales targets and that may have translated into better allotments.
Supply chain and shortages means not all orders are equal. So you can build only units which are within constraints.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what's considered an "early reservation?" I feel like I might be on the cusp of not being in the early class. April 2021...
You aren't considered an early reservation. Many don't even consider those who reserved under the Grange-tober promotion to be early reservation holders. But as a blanket label, if you reserved in 2020 before the order banks opened in Jan. 2021, then you are considered an early reservation holder.

TinaGiraldi

Wildtrak
First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I only have a four digit number because I ordered at dealership. Who can I call and bypass dealer to see where I stand for My22?

wildtrak sasq
Sponsored