Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I only have a four digit number because I ordered at dealership. Who can I call and bypass dealer to see where I stand for My22?

wildtrak sasq
have your order code and sales code ready and call Ford for an update or use the chat feature on the Ford website.
Sponsored

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The problem is and always has been is the Webasto plant. Ford can/is building over 2000 Broncos a week but Webasto can’t even produce half that many hard tops a week

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem is and always has been is the Webasto plant. Ford can/is building over 1000 Broncos a day but Webasto can’t even produce half that many hard tops a day
Source? According to the released production numbers the best MAP has done in a month is 14.9k.

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I could be wrong, but I bet there aren’t many soft top builds left in the order queue.
There are still steel issues for the tow package, and the sas wheels too though right?

Sponsored

Big Lig

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Super, 2018 Jeep Sahara JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The problem is and always has been is the Webasto plant. Ford can/is building over 2000 Broncos a week but Webasto can’t even produce half that many hard tops a week
All the more reason to provide a soft top only option for the 2 door.

Tnrivergal

Badlands
First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At my plant(Dearborn), is currently running around 600 per shift. But just like the Bronco a lot of those are getting parked waiting on parts.
Finally someone that actually works there! Are most employees full-time or are they supplemental staffing employees. Thanks for being in the forum!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They tried with the Bronco reservation system.

Unfortunately Mach-E and Bronco order holders got to be the guinea pigs. Ford took what they learned on those two vehicles and built much better systems for the Maverick and an ever better system for the F-150 Lightning.
How is the F-150 Lightning system better? My dealer said they have a thousand orders and like five allocations?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If I’m reading this right- there’s really no point in trying to order anytime soon. They are going to continue this game of messing around with old orders (half of which aren’t even real) without any option for new orders to even try. What this basically tells me is that I should just keep my Rubicon and say adios to this whole fiasco.

(as if this was some mega surprise to literally anyone)
Yes keep your Jeep Rubi and move along nothing to see here
Well the Rubi is less likely to get recalled anyway, so maybe waiting is good …

https://www.wsj.com/articles/at-ford-quality-is-now-problem-1-11659758404

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well lets just see how this plays out. We have a June 21 order that will still probably be a dead duck regardless of whatever this is supposed to accomplish.

Really need a hard top for the option to have a roof rack but I'll wait instead of footing the bill for the current aftermarket options.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You can even place an order until Ford knows they can build it in a timely manner.

This means no guessing when you’re going to get scheduled, no wondering if you are going to get bumped to 2023, no trying to understand some overly confusing price protection system, all of that nonsense goes away.

Does it magically make components appear?? No, but that’s a long-term problem that cannot be fixed in a few months. Improving how orders are taken, however, is something that can be improved.
I see - so in my case I would have been sitting on a reservation until March. But who's to say when you get picked to order say the Black Diamond 4 door you reserved, you don't decide to order a Badlands 2 door?

Here are the problems Ford is having as I see it:
  1. Too many high end builds in the first 48 hours of reservations (high end apparently includes having a top, or having two doors). These are more likely commodity constrained, and reduce volume as they take longer to produce.
  2. Allocations do not align with reservations (Granger is the extreme example, but even Crossroads of Apex—which lost reservations to Stephens and Chapman—has hundreds of unfilled orders while some dealers have no reservations to fill and are receiving dealer inventory)
  3. Multiple orders for one customer as they game around 1 and 2
  4. Abandoned reservations getting built and delivered to dealers for markup because it took so long between reservation and delivery
The only thing I see the Lightning process fixing is multiple or abandoned reservations. It might also help in allocating #1 in reservation order.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only thing I see the Lightning process fixing is multiple or abandoned reservations. It might also help in allocating #1 in reservation order.
"The only thing I see the Lightning process fixing is multiple or abandoned reservations."

Only thing, but then you list #3 (multiple) AND #4 (abandon) as "fixing" with #1 also being "helped". :unsure:

So, isn't 75% (of your list) "fixed" or "helped"?

If dealer can't take orders they're not already allocated, then you won't have #2 because a dealer can't take more orders than units they will have to fill those orders. Orders can only be taken about 3 months out means no 2 year wait anymore... So won't that be solved too?

We will have to find a dealer that will/can (have allotment to sell) sell us one and negotiate up front with them. With high demand items that won't be as easy as just getting on a reservation list, as painful as waiting has been, we'll see real world market prices when orders/sales are held to actual production.

i.e. (made up example) if they can build 15,000 trucks per month than looking three months out they can only take 45,000 orders, but there are 200,000 people that want one. How good is your relationship with your dealer? AND, what is their allocation?

If orders are simply done monthly then cut that number to a third, but you can try every month!

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m not sure truthfully, but I know if you order wasn’t part of COVP you had almost no chance of getting your Maverick this year.

Basically it works like this:
  1. You submit an order. When you submit an order you provide a copy of your driver’s license.
  2. If your name/address matches the name/address on the order, the dealer can submit the order for COVP verification.
  3. If approved, Ford assigns that order a priority code less than 10. Priority codes less than 10 can only be assigned my Ford themselves. (Lower the number the higher the priority.)
  4. COVP orders are given priority over non-COVP retail orders.
There is a requirement in the COVP program than dealers must sell a certain percentage of COVP orders to customers who placed the original orders (I think its 70%). If they do not, dealers can lose allocation. So to ensure customers are serious about ordering a Maverick, many dealers are requiring non-refundable deposits to anyone who places a COVP order, and many are requiring the customer passes a credit check so they can actually purchase the vehicle when it arrives.

Good, maybe a bunch of people ahead of me in line won't be willing to do this...I've got no issues, credit is great, pretty sure they already copied my license when I went in a month ago and they told me my deposit is only refundable until Ford accepts the order...fine by me (of course, they also told me they have no idea when I might actually take delivery).

Cohm0902

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris ohm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2104 Ram 1500 ecodiesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure what to believe anymore. First the stop orders in March...to be able to get all the 21 converted orders to 22 done by the end of the year. (Well its August and havent heard a thing from Ford yet on my order.. 21months and counting)
Now they are saying they are focusing t
on the MY22 orders..so are those the new 22 orders? Or the carryovers?? I spoke with Ford Motor company customer service Friday asking whats holding things back.
Lux, Tow, Sasquatch Package, 2.7 engines. So if you added a HOSS 3.0 to your Wildtrak, that will eliminate the Sasquatch problem.
But like i mentioned, 21 months and counting on my order. I have no tow, now lux, went to soft top to speed it up even and not a peep from Ford.... but now on top of that...wondering if i have to switch to a 23 will they honor the color i ordered back in 21. Since they are discontinuing at the end of 22... this is absolutely ridiculous how Ford could get it this out of hand and not finish orders that are almost 2 yrs old.. but the you see others posting.. order 3/4/22 Wildtrak and just got it... no reservation, just walked in placed a order and now has it.. thats F*cked up if you ask me
Sponsored