First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 202X Bronco, if it's ever built
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There's a dealer here offering it on Bronco's. They want a $1000 non-refundable deposit. Maybe that's a good thing. BUT if people having to convert and go through the COVP process have to pay more down payment... ouch.

From what this dealer* has said.... $1000 non refundable deposit. Have to fill out either a credit application or the form saying they'll pay cash (but the credit app is NOT run till actual delivery), and more forms of ID or something.

* drink
The non-refundable deposit part sounds horrible, IMHO. If, through no fault of your own, they never make the dang thing, the dealer just gets to keep your $1,000? Meh. I wouldn't take that deal.
Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The non-refundable deposit part sounds horrible, IMHO. If, through no fault of your own, they never make the dang thing, the dealer just gets to keep your $1,000? Meh. I wouldn't take that deal.
That's the point, not the no fault of your own, but, they don't want everybody who can just throw down $100 to reserve or order a Bronco that's why some people can/have put multiple orders at multiple dealers; a $100 refundable deposit. Plus Ford's whole name matching to reservations, they are now doing.

If you have a written agreement they don't get to keep your money if they don't produce your MY23, only if you bail on it. But if you get a new COVP MY23 order/agreement they have to produce you a MY23, no getting bumped or waiting like us. Or, then they would have to give your deposit back because they still have to perform they end of the deal. Every contract has a performance deadline/date, and yours would be that you ordered a MY23 and if they are done building them. you can't get one

Ford messed up when they saw the demand by not stopping reservations sooner. Ford is not going to PP new MY23 orders and I'm betting they are going to keep a better handle on how many orders they take.

AND, Remember MY23 will probably be a short production year in order to get back on track for following model years.; they normally change over during or end of summer not Nov.

Last edited:

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

PS, the reason for the credit application is to take the "I can't get financing, so give me my deposit back" excuse for a refund away by having you sign that your buying with cash or "proving" you can finance the purchase.

It's the opposite from a Real Estate offer that is contingent on financing being approve, here you just have to say your willing to finance and "here is the proof I can" if they don't run it, it doesn't matter because you signed your deposit away when YOU said you can finance, not the bank. So be sure you can actually finance that $50,000 Bronco before you lay down a $1,000 non-refundable deposit.

Fudge one thing on the application and kiss your deposit goodbye if you can't qualify or be prepared for some scary finance options and high rates.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In December I ordered two Broncos. One for my son (OB) and one for myself (Badlands). Since he was a minor I put them both under my name. Im hoping that the COVP verification doesn't mess my two orders up. I can switch one to my son's name but not sure it will be allowed. Any insights on how to best do this without getting flagged for having duplicate orders?
There is no flag no matter what this forum claims
I have/had multiples as many hers as well do too
Sponsored