First Name
stevo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Power seats are indispensable for changing your driving position while driving. Manual seats are unbeatable in their speed.

Price being equal I think I'd have to go for power. Easier to fine tune, don't have to worry about inclines or declines, can adjust on the go. I change my seating position all the time, from camping in the back (seat needs to be full forward, tilt and slide), cleaning the car out (I try to after every adventure), looking for lost items. It does certainly takes more patience to do the power seats (comparing to the passenger seat, which is manual).

If there is a high additional cost for power I'd probably go manual.
Sponsored

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Power seats are overrated. I have had power seats on my last 3 vehicles with the fancy memory settings and they never get touched once you set them. It also helps the wife is close in height, tall wife, but still, not a necessary feature. I even disabled the damn move seat back and forth bit for the steering wheel and seat, it just bothers me and is unnecessary.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is no way to raise the seat on any of the 2-door models. This guy cannot see over the dash or anything in front of the truck. This is the setup for a $60,000 rock crawler?!

2021 Bronco 2 inch lift kit 37 inch tires.jpg
You will be able to raise the seats there’s usually a knob or like a hand controll that pumps or raises the seat up in that pic I see a round knob on the side which could be used to raise the seat also keep in mind these are all pre production models

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there was an option for manual seats over power seats and it still cost the same money, I would go with manual. Power seats are so slow and useless. The first time you get your interior rained on because you didn't expect rain that day and your seats will no longer function at all you'll wish you had manual.

I could own a car for 20 years and I'll never touch the seat settings after the initial setup.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not a fan of power seats with out memory. With memory they are great. I get in wife’s car and hit 2 and set for me. Walk up to my truck it sets seat depending on my fob or wife’s fob. If bronco has memory I’ll go power. No memory I’ll go manual I believe.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 / 94 Cobra SVT #13
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
and then if they were full power - we’d hear the future complaints that “my power seat isn’t working after going through a 3ft river bed, a washout or mud hole with the doors off”... or “I hosed down my interior and the seats no longer work”...

LOL!!

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
and then if they were full power - we’d hear the future complaints that “my power seat isn’t working after going through a 3ft river bed, a washout or mud hole with the doors off”... or “I hosed down my interior and the seats no longer work”...

LOL!!
When I was looking at a Wrangler Sahara for my wife, they cited water as the reason power seats are not offered in the JL.

Personally, I am not too fussy regarding seats. My wife definitely prefers power seats. She likes to slide them back when entering and exiting the car sometimes.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Manual. Less to go wrong.

I also have the benefit of having the exact same driving position as my wife even though there is 7" difference in height between us. The seat rarely gets moved.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like manual seats but the only thing that bugs me in my wrangler is this. I do have kids and they ride in the back all the time. Most of the time they just crawl over the side. But if I have to use the tilt feature for any reason, when I fold the seat back again, it's locked in a forward location and I have to get in and slide back and readjust. Always wondered why the tilt feature would go back to the previously adjusted manual position when the seat is lowered. I'm not sure if this is an issue for most manual seats or just the jeep. Haven't had manual seats before this except for my bench on my 1989 Mazda b2200 when I was 16.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

LOL!!
Well the four door has available power seats so they must have addressed the water issue. I want power only if they are memory, with easy exit like my truck and car.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well the four door has available power seats so they must have addressed the water issue. I want power only if they are memory, with easy exit like my truck and car.
I bet the power option is only available with the leather seating. Guessing that it will not be available with the marine vinyl. Just my two cents.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I bet the power option is only available with the leather seating. Guessing that it will not be available with the marine vinyl. Just my two cents.
Could be, but you can get leather in Badlands with rubber floor. Also heated seats with marine vinyl from what I understand.

Aboen

Wildtrak
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak (BMW M2)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would’ve paid extra for manual seats if electric was standard

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a fan of power seats with out memory. With memory they are great. I get in wife’s car and hit 2 and set for me. Walk up to my truck it sets seat depending on my fob or wife’s fob. If bronco has memory I’ll go power. No memory I’ll go manual I believe.
This. My wife and I regularly switch as drivers. I would go nuts if every time I wanted to drive I had to fiddle with the settings to get the seat just right, only to discover I didn't quite get it right and have to fiddle some more while driving. Press 1 and done--it's exactly the way I wanted it. For the few times we will have someone in the back seats, I'd be OK with the power seats taking longer to fold forward. Ford is giving us a zillion options and configurations, so why not make everyone happy and give this option, too?

Also, I wouldn't let "one more thing to go wrong" sway my decisions. Power seats have been around since before I was alive--at least since the '60s that I know of. I've had power seats in cars since the '80s and never had one issue. Pretty sure they've got the reliability down on a basic electric motor.

BP Bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It wouldn't surprise me by not offering the power seat option they get to claim a higher Water Fording spec then Jeep. I truly hope they offer at least a power driver seat as an option. I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'0" and it is an issue for us.
Sponsored