Sponsored

No price protection for post-March 19 MIC Bronco Orders ?

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Based upon the issued Ford Statement, it looks like there is no price protection for post March 19, 2021 Bronco orders as they are pushed into the 2022 production year. So they are basically giving notice they are cancelling post March 19, 2021 orders? If they don't honor pricing after that date, they are re-writing the terms. This is very confusing.
Sponsored

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am wondering that exact statement.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Based upon the issued Ford Statement, it looks like there is no price protection for post March 19, 2021 Bronco orders as they are pushed into the 2022 production year. So they are basically giving notice they are cancelling post March 19, 2021 orders? If they don't honor pricing after that date, they are re-writing the terms. This is very confusing.
Not cancelling. Ford wanted everyone to convert their Reservations to Orders before March 19, 2021. One of the incentives to do so was price protection. Anyone who converted after March 19th will probably not / may not / who knows, get the price protection.

Keep in mind that the VAST majority of reservations happened within the first few days of the Launch on 7/13/20.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not cancelling. Ford wanted everyone to convert their Reservations to Orders before March 19, 2021. One of the incentives to do so was price protection. Anyone who converted after March 19th will probably not / may not / who knows, get the price protection.

Keep in mind that the VAST majority of reservations happened within the first few days of the Launch on 7/13/20.
I read the press release as price protection for those that placed a reservation or an order before March 19th.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I read the press release as price protection for those that placed a reservation or an order before March 19th.
You are correct! That is certainly what it sounds like now.

What does price protection for the 2022 and 2023 model year mean?
Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped vehicle for all customers who had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. Final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer.

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you ordered after March 19th, you never had an order for a 2021 Bronco. That was the deadline to get a 2021. The order didn't get pushed to 2022, it always was a 2022.

OP
OP
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks Stache - that's helpful, as it means pricing should hold on those orders as nothing has really changed with them.

Last edited:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is correct. It's also the same thing Ford said in their infamous June "Here. We. Go." email, so this isn't new information.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The press release says reservation or order. So as long as the reservation was before March 19th you should be good, even if your order was later. Anyone disagree?

Ford Bronco No price protection for post-March 19 MIC Bronco Orders ? 1628797779503

Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is correct. It's also the same thing Ford said in their infamous June "Here. We. Go." email, so this isn't new information.
The June email was a little more ambiguous it said price protection to all Bronco "order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)". Which made me question whether you had to have both a reservation and order in by then. I was glad the release today used "or" instead of "and".

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just DM'd my contact at Granger on this one but seeing we have a thread as well, could tag Jay @Granger Ford for community clarification. In my case, I never converted my order as I was okay w/ just waiting for MY22 due to some complications on my side. The reservation was a 7/14/20. Seems like the "spirit" of the statement suggests that just converted orders pre-3/21 would apply but Ford did clearly state "reservation *or* order".

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theoretically the Dealer can still f**k you over though, right?
Yes final price is ultimately between you and your dealer.

All Ford is doing is saying that they’re not going to change invoice price for the dealer.

cahme

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bimmers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I disagree with this.
I have a post Mar 2021 reservation and order with order number and code 19 from my dealer.
I also bet if it was for a soft top 2.3 BB Mid, I'd have a real chance of getting a 2021 model delivered.

I think it sucks that they have my deposit for a 2021 and Ford has my order, but may get screwed on price increase because they can't deliver.

If you ordered after March 19th, you never had an order for a 2021 Bronco. That was the deadline to get a 2021. The order didn't get pushed to 2022, it always was a 2022.

Last edited:

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe you are correct, but I was quoted 2021 prices with no escalation contingency that I could see.
Sponsored