First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those that do not know Bronco 6g history, the T6 platform chassis was engineered in Australia, along with the shared 2022 Ranger. Kinda ironic those Ford engineers will never be able to buy and own a Bronco 6g in Australia. On the other hand, this is good news for us in North America as the factory capacity will not be diverted for right-hand drive models.

2021 Ford Bronco officially denied access to Australia: Hottest new SUV of the decade barred from key 4x4 markets around the world, and the reason why is baffling

2021 Ford Bronco officially denied access to Australia
I think that's a missed opportunity. There is a huge potential market for right hand drive, and not just in Australia.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess we won't be seeing Bronco mail delivery trucks either...

Bronco_or_bust

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shame they finally launched a RHD Mustang with the current 2015+ generation... there would definitely be a market for the Bronco especially once a hybrid comes along

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those that do not know Bronco 6g history, the T6 platform chassis was engineered in Australia, along with the shared 2022 Ranger. Kinda ironic those Ford engineers will never be able to buy and own a Bronco 6g in Australia.
Never say never.

If I'm Ford, I'm denying Australia now because selling there would just take units from the U.S. where demand exceeds supply. However, I'm thinking a few years down the road, things may balance a little more favorably. That said, there are costs involved and it might not even make a good business case. Australia is nearly out of the domestic vehicle production business and most imports are coming from Asia, which would be less-expensive to produce and ship, so the Bronco would likely be a more premium option compared to other competitors.

wigid

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Patrol
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford Rangers sold in Australia are built in Thailand. So giving a bronco to Australia, south Africa, Japan, India, the UK would require another plant being set up for Bronco production. I can understand why it would not be initially cost effective, but who knows what will happen in the future. Toyota only sold the FJ cruiser in the US market for many years before exporting it to other markets like Australia

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never say never.

If I'm Ford, I'm denying Australia now because selling there would just take units from the U.S. where demand exceeds supply. However, I'm thinking a few years down the road, things may balance a little more favorably. That said, there are costs involved and it might not even make a good business case. Australia is nearly out of the domestic vehicle production business and most imports are coming from Asia, which would be less-expensive to produce and ship, so the Bronco would likely be a more premium option compared to other competitors.
I hope you're right.
I want the Aussies to have the Bronco too. As well as Thailand, S. Africa, or any other country that's currently getting Rangers.

Without them, we wouldn't have the current Ranger, and likely not a Bronco.

Also, they all have aftermarket companies competing for sales and offering improvements and modifications to vehicles. The more options that better. After all, I believe the ability to customize product has been one of the biggest obstacles for any company trying to compete with Jeep.

Aussies Need a Ford Bronco!

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Ford Rangers sold in Australia are built in Thailand. So giving a bronco to Australia, south Africa, Japan, India, the UK would require another plant being set up for Bronco production. I can understand why it would not be initially cost effective, but who knows what will happen in the future. Toyota only sold the FJ cruiser in the US market for many years before exporting it to other markets like Australia
Ford is expanding their Silverton plant in South Africa for the 2022 Ranger. Maybe they will eventually build Broncos there too. No idea if they will be LH or RH or where the vehicles are destined for.
Broncos are to be sold in the Middle East, making the Silverton plant a reasonable choice instead of sending US built Broncos there IF the volume/demand is high enough.
https://media.ford.com/content/ford.../ford-expand-south-african-manufacturing.html

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet once the demand stateside wanes, they will consider this option. Might take some years
Sponsored