Sponsored

NO roof rail option on Wildtrak and Badlands with Sasquatch or 2.7 Eco.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s either a bug (my guess) or some weird issue with CG (center of gravity). If it’s the latter I guarantee the magical land of ??AFTERMARKET ?? will fix it.

JK
It’s a glitch.

Otherwise we are saying this vehicle is perfectly safe for rockcrawling off camber, but if we add a couple hundred pounds to the roof it will fall over...?

no way is that true, their safety factors on things like that a way wider than that... bash plates would be a counterweight, engine size is irrelevant and somehow it is safe on the smaller 2 door???

it’s a glitch or I eat my hat ?
Sponsored

Stimpy

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a glitch.

Otherwise we are saying this vehicle is perfectly safe for rockcrawling off camber, but if we add a couple hundred pounds to the roof it will fall over...?

no way is that true, their safety factors on things like that a way wider than that... bash plates would be a counterweight, engine size is irrelevant and somehow it is safe on the smaller 2 door???

I wish it was, but no roof rails with 2.7L was also told to bronco nation, unless they got all the info for their B&P reference guild from this crappy B&P tool. Well, now that I say it BN probably just went through the B&P a couple of days ago and created the file they put out so maybe we are just going around in circles...

Ford Bronco NO roof rail option on Wildtrak and Badlands with Sasquatch or 2.7 Eco. 1603493777070

OP
OP
JesseFSU

JesseFSU

Raptor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Hybrid 4x4 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Must be a glitch, 2 of the build images on my 4 door WT show roof racks but still no option to add. Trying to stay optimistic ?
Ford Bronco NO roof rail option on Wildtrak and Badlands with Sasquatch or 2.7 Eco. BFAA9826-5FCB-4129-82B0-03A7EF35E58A
Ford Bronco NO roof rail option on Wildtrak and Badlands with Sasquatch or 2.7 Eco. 2779EFDC-36B5-40A5-963C-424593FE52E9

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like I said, if they don't fix the B&P by ordering time, and the internal ordering system doesn't allow it, you can just buy it through the parts department and screw it in yourself as the mount points are already there on every Bronco with a hard top. Gonna have to install and remove it every time you take the full roof off anyway.
Do we know this for sure? Rack needs to be removed in order to remove the roof? It doesn't just bolt on to the roll cage directly independent of the roof panels?

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do we know this for sure? Rack needs to be removed in order to remove the roof? It doesn't just bolt on to the roll cage directly independent of the roof panels?
You can take off the front two panels with it on, but to remove the backseat panel and full back shell you have to take off the roof rack. That has been confirmed.

Sponsored

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s a glitch.

Seems like Ford has updated FAQs. Here is one of them.

Why do certain models prohibit some accessories?

We have a Bronco for every customer. Many Bronco accessory items can be added during or after vehicle delivery at the dealer. We engineered Bronco for maximum off-road capability and GVWR restrictions may limit combinations of certain accessories.”

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like Ford has updated FAQs. Here is one of them.

Why do certain models prohibit some accessories?

We have a Bronco for every customer. Many Bronco accessory items can be added during or after vehicle delivery at the dealer. We engineered Bronco for maximum off-road capability and GVWR restrictions may limit combinations of certain accessories.”

hmmm, I am still waiting to see and believe....is mustard or mayo appropriate for a hat recipe?

I am a 2022 buyer, I feel there will be any changes by then.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just spit balling here...remember the A51 at the super cel that was sas'd LESS the heavier springs for the increased lift? Perhaps that was done intentionally knowing it wouldn't be offered.

Last edited:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm conceding my First Edition reservation to get the exterior and interior colors I prefer but damn, no roof rack for an outdoor SUV is redic. For Florida outdoor buyers we need this! There is no way I'm attaching an exoskeleton on my Bronco just to carry paddleboards. :rolleyes:
Exactly. I'm going down to Outer Banks to get roof racks so I can carry kayaks. I'm trying to figure out tire options because I can't get a sasquatch and roof rack and I don't really like the non-squatch tires (I have those on my F150 now and I wanted the 35s).

jswan

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I probably should have put something like this in my post.... /s

:ROFLMAO:
Imagine if Ford put a V8 in this thing. It would peel the whole roof right off!
I think 99% of us got you on your original post. I loved it!

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No glitch at all. Unfortunately I'm with Ford on this. The vehicles with the 2.7L will be top heavy and prone to rollovers, especially at highway speeds. Ford is very sensitive to this issue because in the early 2000's, Ford almost went bankrupt due to people dying in rollovers. Ford knew about the design flaw but refused to add another 0.5 inches to the axles until the lawsuits started coming.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have had this discussion with my dealer . . . despite the Build & Price we will still be able to order the roof rack (I am ordering the roof rack, cross bars and kayak carrier) from the dealer when you place the final order. I am ordering the Wildtrak 4 door, which does not allow the rack and roof accessories to be ordered on the Build & Price but have been assured it will not be an issue.

OP
OP
JesseFSU

JesseFSU

Raptor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Hybrid 4x4 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have had this discussion with my dealer . . . despite the Build & Price we will still be able to order the roof rack (I am ordering the roof rack, cross bars and kayak carrier) from the dealer when you place the final order. I am ordering the Wildtrak 4 door, which does not allow the rack and roof accessories to be ordered on the Build & Price but have been assured it will not be an issue.
I hope your dealer is right regarding the racks, this was pushing me closer toward holding out for 2022. We still have to deal with NO tow package on the 4 door with sas on the 2021 models and doors can NOT be stored in the back if we add the slide out tailgate (late avail, dealer install only). I assume these issues will be addressed for 2022. The brand mgr - Estobon - in the recent video claims they will be fixed. Hate to say but 2022 is the safer choice and we will have way more interior and exterior options...who knows!

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hope your dealer is right regarding the racks, this was pushing me closer toward holding out for 2022. We still have to deal with NO tow package on the 4 door with sas on the 2021 models and doors can NOT be stored in the back if we add the slide out tailgate (late avail, dealer install only). I assume these issues will be addressed for 2022. The brand mgr - Estobon - in the recent video claims they will be fixed. Hate to say but 2022 is the safer choice and we will have way more interior and exterior options...who knows!
I have no issue adding the tow package on the 21 Wildtrak - which obviously is Squatched
Sponsored