Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

at this rate, besttop will have enough inventory to provide a soft top for 2dr broncos before they get the mic issue fixed.
At this point that would be the noble thing for Ford to do, but....
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Idk it seems kinda stupid to dump allocations before they know how many soft tops they’ll need for reservation holders. They’re gonna put themselves in a corner again.

Ahauser2010

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does “no scheduling” mean? Like no more being scheduled or the ones scheduled for this week are getting pushed

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
...7/16 soft top cut off...Re-assess remaining orders...Then figure out what non-FE MIC top early reservation holders are left to be assigned. Cant really determine how to posture the news until they see what that looks like. Depending on how much slippage there is, they will need to figure out what else needs to be thrown in the pot as a consolation. But I'm really thinking non FE MIC tops are done being assigned. Everything we are seeing on the demo MIC tops leads me to believe that getting over their skis on MIC production is certainly something that should be approached with caution - I am sure they want to avoid replacing a certain %'age of them post delivery.

Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum

Do you mind confirming that no scheduling this week? Thank you sir.
AFAIK there's no bulk scheduling and VIN dumps this week, but there will be some notices for new builds being scheduled and existing builds being pulled forward. Can't say for certain how many.

Brewdaddy

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler (Now sold - thanks Carvana)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Such a cluster….

Dual Top order (MOD) - Ford says no, order MIC (Ford points for you….whatever)
Order MIC - Ford cannot build - Ford says get soft top

So now its a gamble, do you switch from MIC to soft top by the 16th or wait two weeks when Ford offers more points to switch AND guarantees pricing (IOU) for a hardtop later. Those that switch now are screwed. Seeing the production I don’t want either.

Ford Bronco No scheduling week of 7/12 62A19320-7A2D-4B31-B5AF-8BEA17CCDE98

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
AFAIK there's no bulk scheduling and VIN dumps this week, but there will be some notices for new builds being scheduled and existing builds being pulled forward. Can't say for certain how many.
Your the best.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think @flip said his dealership is having to use (4) of their allocations on stock/soft-top builds because Ford wasn't able to build any of the customer reservations as ordered.

Our second FCTP unit just got scheduled along with one FE. Got one more FE waiting for a preview. Nothing else previewing but we are getting 4 "stock" units because they can't get anything to build out of our orders... 17 allocations. 2-FE, 15-non-FE. 8 retails with VINs as of today. The 4 "stock" will count towards the total allocation so just say 12 once those get scheduled.
So 4 customers who were supposed to get MY21s will now be pushed to 22 because of stock units at their dealership so far. Not sure if that's what you meant by "I have also not seen a dealer get an allocation that was not a mannequin or a cancelled order."

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can understand waiting until the 4 door deadline for switching to soft top...but should this be viewed as bad news for 2 doors since there is no switch deadline or are they just holding everything in an effort to build by reservation time stamp?

Sponsored

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was honestly hoping that they would schedule the remainder of August builds this week just before the deadline. Since I would then know I am at earliest a September build, I would switch to a soft top. Oh well...

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, i probably shouldnt put out a blanket prediction that ZERO non FE MICs will be assigned from here forward for 2021. But i'd say the probability is likely very low of getting assigned. Maybe they take mercy to some 2-doors to lessen the 'headline risk' of total 2 doors converted. But I think it will be pretty scarce overall.
Sponsored