Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I guess this is the nail in the coffin regarding a V8. Apparently there’s also some aftermarket folks making one but no go from the factory unfortunately.
V8 unlikely
Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly though what's everyone's biggest reasons why they want a V8 Bronco, other than the number of cylinders? Nostalgia?

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly though what's everyone's biggest reasons why they want a V8 Bronco, other than the number of cylinders? Nostalgia?
Sound.
Nothing sounds better than a V8. Period. You can't make a turbo sound anywhere near as good. Hell, the little 4.6 in my F150 even sounds great compared to any turbo imo.
Nostalgia is also a part, but there's a better word for it that I can't think of at the moment.
That said, I'm ok with the 2.7
It wont sound nearly as good, but numbers don't lie, and will be a great motor.

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Towing capacity, you would go from 3500 to 5500
Idk about that.
From what I understand, it's more about suspension. A F150 with the 2.7 has a better tow rating. I'm sure someone will post those numbers ?

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just give me the 3.0 MiniStroke diesel and through the clatter I won't even care about the lack of the V8 sound.

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For example, in the video below, Carlos Lago, senior writer of Edmunds, reviews the benefits of having swapped a V8 LS3 into a Nissan 240SX. It becomes his favorite vehicle, and didn't add too much weight.

At 7:53, he importantly states, "What is really satisfying about this 6.2 litre V8 is the response. Now you don't get that with forced induction engines, or at least with turbocharged engines. You don't have that just-linear behavior as soon as you pick up the throttle; you know exactly how much torque you are going to get, and by the way it's a lot of torque." He further adds that the sound is pleasing.

I concur with his opinion, and believe the Bronco should have an optional V8.

Last edited:

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mainly because we are buying a Bronco. It's supposed to be a powerful American off-road muscle truck. It's sacrilegious to me that they're offering a 4 cylinder, but I'm (barely) okay with the twin turbo 6.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dont really care unless it's a 6.2. I was dead set on a 5.0 for my last truck until I drove one. It's an absolute slug compared to the EcoBoost motors. You have to rev the hell out of it to get any power. It does sound great, but that's about it.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sound.
Nothing sounds better than a V8. Period. You can't make a turbo sound anywhere near as good. Hell, the little 4.6 in my F150 even sounds great compared to any turbo imo.
Nostalgia is also a part, but there's a better word for it that I can't think of at the moment.
And a radial makes a v8 sound like a lawnmower. It’s all relative. ?

JK

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sound.
I get that

Mainly because we are buying a Bronco. It's supposed to be a powerful American off-road muscle truck. It's sacrilegious to me that they're offering a 4 cylinder, but I'm (barely) okay with the twin turbo 6.
I mean the last Bronco only put out 205HP in a V8. Muscle doesn't mean a V8 as much as it use to, just HP (RWD) and that muscle look you get in the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger. That is just my opinion though, and I can understand the I4 argument.

Tofudude

Base
First Name
Chan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Brono Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Towing capacity, you would go from 3500 to 5500
My girlfriends vw Atlas tows up to 5k and its running a 3.6 vr6. Its not just about engine size, I don't think the bronco has the weight to do it safely
Sponsored