Sponsored

No V8 from Ford any time soon but mainly because of emissions penalties

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For example, in the video below, Carlos Lago, senior writer of Edmunds, reviews the benefits of having swapped a V8 LS3 into a Nissan 240SX. It becomes his favorite vehicle, and didn't add too much weight.

At 7:53, he importantly states, "What is really satisfying about this 6.2 litre V8 is the response. Now you don't get that with forced induction engines, or at least with turbocharged engines. You don't have that just-linear behavior as soon as you pick up the throttle; you know exactly how much torque you are going to get, and by the way it's a lot of torque." He further adds that the sound is pleasing.

I concur with his opinion, and believe the Bronco should have an optional V8.

Been saying the same thing for years now. All I get back is torque peak numbers, which is completely irrelevant to the throttle response and/or linear power delivery conversation.
Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I guess this is the nail in the coffin regarding a V8. Apparently there’s also some aftermarket folks making one but no go from the factory unfortunately.
V8 unlikely
Hellcat is about $500 in penalties from what I understand. Can't see how that is it.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pick a V8 engine. Anyone you want. Tell me how much it costs. Whats the Horsepower and torque numbers?

Then take the 2.7 twin turbo V6 tell me how much it costs? Whats the Horsepower and torque? Now take the extra money you saved with the Ecoboost and add the difference in mods to equal the price of the V8 engine. The Horsepower and Torque on the Ecoboost for the same exact money will blow the V8 away.

And last I checked the Ecoboost F150s for example and plenty of good resale value.

Sound is subjective. A lot of people love the sound of a tuned turbo engine.
You forgot the part about it being under warantee. Here ya go, good luck........
https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/19417105.html

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While Ze Germans make a compelling argument for turbo engines, I'd rather have a big V6 or a small V8 in this.