Sponsored

No VIN Gang with the AMB delete kicker. Now what color?

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure. I’ll have to see what colors Rivian and Defender offer. Pretty much lost interest in this shitshow.
Sponsored

Reactions: sjp

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this with a white stripe , a white top , and white wheels might look cool

its growing on me as the "other" color that morphs in the sun

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@WCP-82 I was set on wrapping my Bronco since no green was available for MY '21. Since I got a Vin a couple of weeks ago that's the plan. Accordingly I'm getting Carbonized Gray as I feel it will be a neutral palette to build on top of.

If you have an inkling to get yours wrapped, most people will recommend Black as the best base (don't have to wrap the inner door pockets and roll bars). I just can't own a black vehicle so Carb Gray it is.

RSalami

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long night last night after the news of AMB gone for 2022. Had a few beers and constantly refreshed the forum to drown my misery with those in a similar situation.

I have spent this morning going over all the color threads. I am at a loss for which color to choose. Once you have your mind made up on AMB it is a hard choice. There isn't another color available that it close to it. Reds still get two. Plenty of gray scale colors. CO is it's own thing. Basic black and basic white? VB isn't an alternative to AMB it is just a blue.

I am thinking going basic in Iconic Silver to give me a starting point to customize. I have also thought of just saying F it and going Carbonized gray, boring yet safe.

Reaching out to the AMB exiles to hear what your'e thinking. What's your second choice?
I heard black is easy to wrap?
The iconic silver imo is a great safe play, if you wanted to sell your bronco in a few years when they will have an abundance of them.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From reading your post it is obvious you need to step up to the plate and go with Cyber Orange. Why settle for blending in when you can stand out? Life is to short, go bold and rule the world.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
From reading your post it is obvious you need to step up to the plate and go with Cyber Orange. Why settle for blending in when you can stand out? Life is to short, go bold and rule the world.
This is what I am going to do. I loved AMB until I saw it on an F-150. The render was far closer to "Blue Jean" than AMB. As a result, I changed to Rapid Red. And... that worked out great didn't it?

Cyber Orange it is then.

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It isn't my color. My brother has a yellow Jeep and I can't stop making fun of it. Oh and then the school bus and CO Bronco side by side pic!!! Just can't do it.

DZ1

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150, 2014 Wrangler, 2005 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Long night last night after the news of AMB gone for 2022. Had a few beers and constantly refreshed the forum to drown my misery with those in a similar situation.

I have spent this morning going over all the color threads. I am at a loss for which color to choose. Once you have your mind made up on AMB it is a hard choice. There isn't another color available that it close to it. Reds still get two. Plenty of gray scale colors. CO is it's own thing. Basic black and basic white? VB isn't an alternative to AMB it is just a blue.

I am thinking going basic in Iconic Silver to give me a starting point to customize. I have also thought of just saying F it and going Carbonized gray, boring yet safe.

Reaching out to the AMB exiles to hear what your'e thinking. What's your second choice?
So, could it be that because AMB is going away, Ford would move some or most of the AMB builds forwar?

Wrkd4it

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2016 F350,1996 Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was so set on AmB that I was considering going to a four door soft top last night in order to try to get it. This is huge considering I have only wanted a two door . I only wanted this color too. 😞
They better have something up their sleeve for us.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I altered my build, in order to get a 2021 from AMB 2dr, BL, Sas, 2.7, Lux, Auto, Tow, by dropping, Sas, 2.7L, Auto & Tow pkg I also changed my mindset from purchasing my dream/forever bronco to a vehicle I would use to wheel and overland without much regard to pin striping, paint swirls and scratches, so I switched from AMB to Area 51.
Since I am now solidly a MY22, I reloaded my 2dr BL with my pre-compromise options , but I kept Area 51. Area 51 on the big Bronco looks fantastic. I saw it on a 4dr OB w/Sas and it even made the 4dr w/soft top look great.
I know it’s the most popular Bronco color, but not a very common color amongst other vehicles on the road, so don’t discount Area 51. You can look for other ways in the aftermarket to make it look unique.
I bought a gap filler BB in CG that was abandoned and the CG looks okay, and will hide scratches well, but I don’t like the 4dr, non-sas, soft top look. I’m getting it lifted and adding 33” Toyo AT3’s, so maybe that’ll help.
Area 51 is not AMB and will never look that stunning when polished up. But it will be easier to keep looking nice by hiding dirt and scratches well and looks pretty damn good as an alternate choice.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I altered my build, in order to get a 2021 from AMB 2dr, BL, Sas, 2.7, Lux, Auto, Tow, by dropping, Sas, 2.7L, Auto & Tow pkg I also changed my mindset from purchasing my dream/forever bronco to a vehicle I would use to wheel and overland without much regard to pin striping, paint swirls and scratches, so I switched from AMB to Area 51.
Since I am now solidly a MY22, I reloaded my 2dr BL with my pre-compromise options , but I kept Area 51. Area 51 on the big Bronco looks fantastic. I saw it on a 4dr OB w/Sas and it even made the 4dr w/soft top look great.
I know it’s the most popular Bronco color, but not a very common color amongst another vehicles on the road, so don’t discount Area 51. You can look for other ways in the aftermarket to make it look unique.
I bought a gap filler BB in CG that was abandoned and the CG looks okay, and will hide scratches well, but I don’t like the 4dr, non-sas, soft top look. I’m getting it lifted and adding 33” Toyo AT3’s, so maybe that’ll help.
Area 51 is not AMB and will never look that stunning when polished up. But it will be easier to keep looking nice by hiding dirt and scratches well and looks pretty damn good as an alternate choice.
I like A51 but I have seen too many other brands with a similar paint color. If memory serves specifically Subaru. Seems to be trendy right now. Same thing with Cactus Gray. I wanted something a little more timeless that wasn't silver/gray/black/white.

I had the same build as you for several months but looking into things I decided I didn't need Sas on the BL and dropped from lux to high based on the B&O system reviews. I wasn't going to change to get a build so kept the tow package.

Rob W.

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This sucks since AMB was my choice back when I made my reservation on 07/14/20. When it came time to place my order, RR was my second choice, and I had a hard time deciding. Luckily there happened to be an AMB F-150 parked right next to a RR F-150. I went with the AMB.

Now I don't know. I like the new green, but that interior with the orange accents is going to look wonky with the green.

I'm feeling pretty deflated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This sucks since AMB was my choice back when I made my reservation on 07/14/20. When it came time to place my order, RR was my second choice, and I had a hard time deciding. Luckily there happened to be an AMB F-150 parked right next to a RR F-150. I went with the AMB.

Now I don't know. I like the new green, but that navy interior with the orange accents is going to look wonky with the green.

I'm feeling pretty deflated.
I would have liked the green if they didn't go metallic.

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, could it be that because AMB is going away, Ford would move some or most of the AMB builds forwar?
We can hope but ultimately no I don't think so especially with my 2 door buld.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like A51 but I have seen too many other brands with a similar paint color. If memory serves specifically Subaru. Seems to be trendy right now. Same thing with Cactus Gray. I wanted something a little more timeless that wasn't silver/gray/black/white.

I had the same build as you for several months but looking into things I decided I didn't need Sas on the BL and dropped from lux to high based on the B&O system reviews. I wasn't going to change to get a build so kept the tow package.
Subaru and Toyota has a a similar color as Area 51. But to be fair, Toyota, BMW, Ram, and Chevy all have, or had dark blues similar to AMB. Very few colors are unique, because imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. If a color is truly unique, it’s because it’s not attractive and not worth emulating.
I would also say, listen to the B&O as compared to the Base system in the High Pkg. I think some people run something down as a way of justifying their choices. I’ve heard the B&O in a 2dr MIC top and the base system in my BB and a BL and the B&O blows the bases system away…..I thought it sounded great. But hear it for yourself and don’t rely on other opinions, including mine, to make that decision.
Sponsored

Last edited: