Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed I have been driving around without the locking nut key since I picked up my truck. Popped open the package to grab it and there was a locking nut still in there. Went out to the Bronco and they didn't put one on the spare for some reason.

Is there a good reason they left this off or did they just forget? I would think the spare would be the one most likely to be "liberated".
Sponsored

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Probably forgot would be my guess

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They forgot it.

Mine didn't arrive when my Bronco did, had to go back a couple of weeks later. Tech put them on in front of me in the parking lot. He was gathering things up when I said, "what about the spare?" He looked kinda sheepish and said something about don't usually have to put 5 on!

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you order these or do they come with the bronco? If I didn’t want to get as an accessory but aftermarket instead…what should I order?

OP
OP
kypt

kypt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you order these or do they come with the bronco? If I didn’t want to get as an accessory but aftermarket instead…what should I order?
The guy that put my order in at the dealership added it to my build. It comes as a dealer installed option, so they just threw them in the vehicle at the factory and the dealer put them on (80% it seems) right before delivery.

There are aftermarket options available. Not sure which ones would work with the Bronco.

Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's on the B&P, under “Exterior Options”. $90 to add it from the factory. The picture, if you click on the information for this option, very clearly shows five nuts, not four.

Ford Bronco No wheel lock on spare 1637643927644

Ford Bronco No wheel lock on spare 1637644025964

Not unexpectedly, I can find what appears to be the exact same product available separately on Ford's Accessories web site.

https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-2021-chrome-plated-wheel-locks-for-exposed-lugs

What is very odd this that on the Accessories web site, it's only $69.99 — cheaper by $20.01 than the cost of having it included from the factory.

Last edited:

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's on the B&P, under “Exterior Options”. $90 to add it from the factory. The picture, if you click on the information for this option, very clearly shows five nuts, not four.

Not unexpectedly, I can find what appears to be the exact same product available separately on Ford's Accessories web site.

https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-2021-chrome-plated-wheel-locks-for-exposed-lugs

What is very odd this that on the Accessories web site, it's only $69.99 — cheaper by $20.01 that the cost of having it included from the factory.
Well, the installation is $10 on the site so its $10 less, but still oddly less.

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to burst your bubble, but these only keep honest people away. I know of several methods to take these off, and have removed these without the "key" before for friends and on my own vehicles.

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not to burst your bubble, but these only keep honest people away. I know of several methods to take these off, and have removed these without the "key" before for friends and on my own vehicles.
How?

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are universal tools, but I've had to break one hunting in Mexico when we got a flat and couldn't find lug key. A solid hit from a hammer did it. One swing. Your're trying to sheer the bolt. Bolt will need replacing, we drove home on 7 of 8 lugs.
Sponsored