Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered mine with wheel locks but didnt receive them. I am guessing the dealership supplies this part or were there wheellocks in your vehicle when it arrived. Already told the dealership and they know, but it was late last night getting out of there and I told them I would come back next week for the wheel locks. Just curious if you knew, I looked in all the compartments and didnt see any locks so thinking the dealership provides them.
Donā€™t know, was assuming they came with the vehicle. There was a pile of stuff in the back but I didnā€™t see the locks specifically.
Sponsored

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure why Ford doesnā€™t upgrade their wheel locks to something like mopar or Mercedes has. Their locks have a ring around them so that if you get a socket to bite, the ring just spins. Not impossible to remove, but much more of a deterrent.
Ford Bronco No wheel lock on spare 71E52C25-3E87-47C9-ACCE-81DF74899A91

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure why Ford doesnā€™t upgrade their wheel locks to something like mopar or Mercedes has. Their locks have a ring around them so that if you get a socket to bite, the ring just spins. Not impossible to remove, but much more of a deterrent.
Ford Bronco No wheel lock on spare 71E52C25-3E87-47C9-ACCE-81DF74899A91
Technically almost anything is a deterrent, but my insurance specifically gives me lower insurance rates to have any wheel lock on it, and fine with me if it is the basic ones, either way they will cover the wheel/tire thefts with a very low deductible. Trying much harder than that just doesnt seem worth it.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer forced me into their "package" which included 4 lug locks... nothing on the spare. He left me a VM saying they only come in a set of 4 but i'm pushing this. Just open a new fkn package man. I don't get it... they force you into this stupid sht then they half-azz it. grrr.
And Ford kit parts number `M2DZ 1A043-A` has 5 too.

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wondering if anyone is using some type of Lock on their Spare.

Not talking about the wheel locks or the lug nuts with a specific lock

I could just get a set of wheel locks I guess. But wanted to reach out and see alternatives.

Thank you

Sponsored

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok, OK. Just found the other Thread.

No need to beat me up.

I had a JK - No issues

I had a fj - No issues.

Let's Forget all about this now.

Thank you

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

No need to beat me up.

I had a JK - No issues

I had a fj - No issues.

Thank you
Uh okay. Glad you found the answer at least.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No need to beat me up.

I had a JK - No issues

I had a fj - No issues.

Thank you
How about posting a link to the other thread here for anyone that stumbles on this thread first?

Sponsored

EBG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71EB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You could drill a hole though one of the bolts that secure the spare to the rear door, then insert the hasp of a padlock through it. Trouble is finding a padlock with a small enough diameter hasp that's strong enough to resist a good tug or a crowbar.

VNVET

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I noticed I have been driving around without the locking nut key since I picked up my truck. Popped open the package to grab it and there was a locking nut still in there. Went out to the Bronco and they didn't put one on the spare for some reason.

Is there a good reason they left this off or did they just forget? I would think the spare would be the one most likely to be "liberated".
I think I have an answer for you. my wife has a 23 Braptor and I noticed that each wheel has a lock on it, but not the spare. I dug around and found the package and it had space for 5 locking lug nuts but there was still 1 left, so I figured it must go on the spare.
grabbed a wrench and removed one of the 3 nuts that holds the spare on then proceeded to put the locking nut on, but it bottomed out about a 1/4 inch before seating. Plus it was sticking out so far that I could have removed it with a pipe wrench.
i removed it and put the regular lug nut back on.
the spare tire is too heavy to be mounted safely without all lug nuts securely tightened.

edit:
went by the local Ford dealership yesterday and the mechanic pulled the spare and found that the lug had been spray painted on threads and was stopping the locking nut from fully seating. He cleaned it off and it snugged right up.
Hope this help.

Last edited:

Monktana

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone tried this? I ordered but it hasnā€™t arrive yet.

42444766-E282-4200-92F5-05C09DE295F2.png

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think I have an answer for you. my wife has a 23 Braptor and I noticed that each wheel has a lock on it, but not the spare. I dug around and found the package and it had space for 5 locking lug nuts but there was still 1 left, so I figured it must go on the spare.
grabbed a wrench and removed one of the 3 nuts that holds the spare on then proceeded to put the locking nut on, but it bottomed out about a 1/4 inch before seating. Plus it was sticking out so far that I could have removed it with a pipe wrench.
i removed it and put the regular lug nut back on.
the spare tire is too heavy to be mounted safely without all lug nuts securely tightened.
That must be raptor only, because the factory Ford wheel looks fit perfectly fine on a normal bronco spare.

Last edited:

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone tried this? I ordered but it hasnā€™t arrive yet.

Ford Bronco No wheel lock on spare 42444766-E282-4200-92F5-05C09DE295F2
That's interesting. I didn't use that, but I did use a cable locked with a padlock on my old bronco. Loop through wheel and tire carrier. Cable locks can be cut with bolt cutters, but normally you need to use the ground as leverage in order to do so.

Any lock is better than none
Sponsored