Sponsored

No wonder it's loud - yuuuge gaps in the clam shell seals!

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

must be some kinda sticky back soft foam that can be jammed in there I would think? Or a pool noodle lol
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I guess the only benefit of getting pushed out to 2024 or 2025. Looking at the glass half full and thinking of topping it off again!

Hopefully Ford will fix this for you.

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats why I was worried when they want to replace my gen 1 .It had no leaks or gaps..Thank god I got a great replacement one..I guess they used the smarter monkeys on mine that day.LOL

OP
OP
VoltageDrop

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Stating the obvious, that must leak like a sieve. Doesn't Ford test that each vehicle is waterproof?
edit: water resistant
Oddly enough, I haven't noticed any water leaks but I haven't driven in really hard rain yet and I've been keeping it in the garage. I did pressure wash it last week but I kept my distance from the hard top and I only saw one drop afterwards. Despite the gap being big enough for wasps to come in and hang out with me, it doesn't appear water will naturally fall into this area. I've been trying not to disturb the top until spring but I might get curious this weekend and pop the front pieces off so I can get a better look at the clam shell seals.

Just curious when did you take delivery of your Bronco? Is this MIC 1.0?
This is a 6/30 dirt mountain Bronco which was supposed to get MIC 2.0 after sitting in confinement for 3 months but there are theories that MIC 2.0 doesn't really exist. The sticker on my top says primer was applied on 9/23. It would be helpful if some of you with recent builds could do this light test and see if this is a seal design problem or if mine is just especially bad.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m a recent build that has significant wind noise. My working theory is/was that the noise was mainly wind getting into the cavity that’s circled below. It seems to be just a big open space behind there.
Ford Bronco No wonder it's loud - yuuuge gaps in the clam shell seals! 1AA61AB4-2878-4497-A0A1-26A22EC50C66

I will do the light test tonight whenever it gets pitch black (so like 6:15), if the rain allows. That will be another fun test. Going to have my first rain tonight and tomorrow so we’ll see how that goes too.

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oddly enough, I haven't noticed any water leaks but I haven't driven in really hard rain yet and I've been keeping it in the garage. I did pressure wash it last week but I kept my distance from the hard top and I only saw one drop afterwards. Despite the gap being big enough for wasps to come in and hang out with me, it doesn't appear water will naturally fall into this area. I've been trying not to disturb the top until spring but I might get curious this weekend and pop the front pieces off so I can get a better look at the clam shell seals.

This is a 6/30 dirt mountain Bronco which was supposed to get MIC 2.0 after sitting in confinement for 3 months but there are theories that MIC 2.0 doesn't really exist. The sticker on my top says primer was applied on 9/23. It would be helpful if some of you with recent builds could do this light test and see if this is a seal design problem or if mine is just especially bad.
Not to disturb the top until spring?? You can't possibly think this is ok and accept it as is. Hopefully Ford is aware of this and it's just a matter of convenience when you return it to get resolved.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't see gaps this big, but do get plenty of wind noise and slight whistles. But it's been through the car wash a few times with no leaks so I guess that's just the fun of owning a four-piece top latched together. If I can solve the creak/pop I may not bother with the 2.0 top (at least not for a few more months in hopes it gets better production quality).

BBoyM3

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla LE
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is horrible quality control. If they leaked tested the replacement top (and if MIC 2.0 exists - beginning to question this), then they would have identified this issue. Not acceptable.

@Ford Motor Company

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some people have reported that their Dirt Mountain replacements were only the ones in the front, not the rear section (apparently there are production lot stamps on each piece).

Also, it could be just a sloppy install of the rear section. The dealer should remove the rear and carefully reinstall it. They should do that anyway before a warranty claim.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everyday, I feel just a little less shitty about switching to a soft top.
Sponsored