First Name
Darrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 explorer, 2022 bronco. 1999 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone noticed a clunk noise from the front suspension when going over large bumps. I have heard it before but the other day was on a off road trail and was going over alot of nice bumps and holes and road wash outs. It makes the noise as the suspension fully releases like at full droop. I was thinking maybe the end point stops are very hard or something along those lines. I have a big bend 4 door sasquatch. Any thoughts thanks.
Sponsored

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 2DR and hear this clunk, but only when going very slow, no bumps.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No, since Raptors havenā€™t been delivered.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone noticed a clunk noise from the front suspension when going over large bumps. I have heard it before but the other day was on a off road trail and was going over alot of nice bumps and holes and road wash outs. It makes the noise as the suspension fully releases like at full droop. I was thinking maybe the end point stops are very hard or something along those lines. I have a big bend 4 door sasquatch. Any thoughts thanks.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco's noise issue on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Starting noticing it recently going over speed bumps in the parking lot at work, and leaving my driveway. Was going to mention it next time I'm in for service.

Sponsored

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine is more of a moan than clunk. I think it is either the left front shock or the sway bar on my Wildtrak.

Jbou1010

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have it also. sounds as if something needs some lube

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anyone get this resolved? I noticed this on our 2022 with 500 miles.

CASM920

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a Sasquatched Bronco itā€™s most likely that you are hearing the Bilstein shocks engaging the ESCV which is essentially the internal bump stop. The shock piston engages with the end cup with a noticeable clunk, for me usually on droop as in the downside of a bump/hump.

pmoore00

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 4d
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a Sasquatched Bronco itā€™s most likely that you are hearing the Bilstein shocks engaging the ESCV which is essentially the internal bump stop. The shock piston engages with the end cup with a noticeable clunk, for me usually on droop as in the downside of a bump/hump.
I am hearing something at low speeds over mild road bumps that sounds very much like an engine ā€œknockā€ but itā€™s clearly coming from the suspension, feels like left rear. Is that the sound the ESCV engagement on the Bilsteins might make? Not a moan, or even a bump. More like a hollow knock.

Iā€™d love to correlate the sound Iā€™m hearing to something others are hearing. Also Iā€™d love it understand if itā€™s normal or an indication of premature wear or a defect. If not, Iā€™ll just turn up the radio.

• Love
Reactions: 0ne

Sponsored

CASM920

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say describing it as a hollow knock is accurate. When you hit the bump are you square to it, as in both tires rise and fall together? I ask because if that is the case and only one side ā€œknocksā€ you may have a shock issue and I would have service look at it. Furthermore, the front would be more likely to engage ESCV due to having less travel than the rear. On my Raptor if a shock was getting down on nitrogen it would begin to clunk and I knew it was time for a rebuild.

I am hearing something at low speeds over mild road bumps that sounds very much like an engine ā€œknockā€ but itā€™s clearly coming from the suspension, feels like left rear. Is that the sound the ESCV engagement on the Bilsteins might make? Not a moan, or even a bump. More like a hollow knock.

Iā€™d love to correlate the sound Iā€™m hearing to something others are hearing. Also Iā€™d love it understand if itā€™s normal or an indication of premature wear or a defect. If not, Iā€™ll just turn up the radio.

pmoore00

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 4d
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say describing it as a hollow knock is accurate. When you hit the bump are you square to it, as in both tires rise and fall together? I ask because if that is the case and only one side ā€œknocksā€ you may have a shock issue and I would have service look at it. Furthermore, the front would be more likely to engage ESCV due to having less travel than the rear. On my Raptor if a shock was getting down on nitrogen it would begin to clunk and I knew it was time for a rebuild.
That is a great question. Iā€™m pretty sure I only hear the knock from the left rear even over, say, a speed bump where the front and rear shocks compress pretty uniformly and simultaneously. Sounds like I may actually have an issue. Thanks!

Last edited:

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
If not, Iā€™ll just turn up the radio.
šŸ¤˜Yes! I think with current service backlogs at dealerships that ignoring it and driving until failure are sound strategies.

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine is going in for service Wed. This time taking the Service Manager and suspension expert for a ride......

TheRealLizG

Badlands
First Name
Lizeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes! Iā€™ve also felt the vehicle is handling the road bumps as well as it used to. Example Iā€™m bobbin around more in my seat. Used to feel a lot smoother. So, making a service call manana and also having them look into my window rattles. I notice the undercarriage sounds more on the front end and it can be from pot holes, railroad tracks anything really. Iā€™m at 12,000 miles and really heard it driving off-road uphill. But now I notice it at any little bump. Donā€™t recall hearing this before. Then again it was colder weather and I had the windows up. Any updates on if you took your bronco in for service and if issue was resolved?? Iā€™m hesitant to go to the dealer I usually go to( not the dealer I purchased from) bc first time I took for a new parts install they didnā€™t know how to do it and second visit for an oil change appointment they seems too busy to handle the smallest customer service gestures. But itā€™s the closest dealer to me so weā€™ll see how they handle that this.
Sponsored