First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, I have this same noice. Been driving me nuts. I've been under it and tightened every suspension component I can see and it's still there. It's not on every bump just uneven ones...I think.

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a clunk when going over bumps and was able to pinpoint it to a loose bolt on the front bash plate.

To verify if this is the issue, push up on the bash plate near the points where it’s bolted on.

In my case, the clunk started occurring after 16K miles.

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a clunk when going over bumps and was able to pinpoint it to a loose bolt on the front bash plate.

To verify if this is the issue, push up on the bash plate near the points where it’s bolted on.

In my case, the clunk started occurring after 16K miles.
Thank you for this! I was noticing a rattling sound recently underneath the truck when I went over bumps, and so I started searching the forums and came across your post here. Sure enough there was one bolt on the lower part of the bash plate that was almost completely out. It was the loose washer making the rattling sound against the bash plate. I tightened it up and the rattling noise is gone.

I have about 18k miles on mine so it was right around the same timeframe as yours.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not on mine, but at the Off-Roadeo, I noticed LOADS of clunks and thuds as we went over rocks and obstacles. We were assured that they were nothing to be concerned about, so we went with that.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone noticed a clunk noise from the front suspension when going over large bumps. I have heard it before but the other day was on a off road trail and was going over alot of nice bumps and holes and road wash outs. It makes the noise as the suspension fully releases like at full droop. I was thinking maybe the end point stops are very hard or something along those lines. I have a big bend 4 door sasquatch. Any thoughts thanks.
My 2022 Base doesn't have any noises like that. Seems like all the complaints are from other trim levels. Wonder why?
I run all over rough roads in Northern AZ.
Best thing I did was lower air in tires to 30 in front and 32 rear. Rides better.
Sponsored