First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
its easy to believe, were getting late in the year. july is a waste, the bronco plant only open two weeks this month, august is pretty much booked with orders people posting here. Ford has to make all the 7000 FE before end of the year. That only leaves 2-3 months before ford starts changing to MY22. next time ford sends VIN emails it will be for september builds.
I donā€™t think itā€™ll be 7000 FEs. Iā€™d be willing to bet less than 5000. Lots of people cancelled when they realized itā€™s a fully loaded badlands thatā€™s costs $2000 more.
Sponsored

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford is only building the Rip VanWinkle editions from here on out. Go to sleep for 20 years and youā€™ll wake up to a freshly delivered Bronco. šŸ¤£

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I spoke to the GM of my dealer today. They had a meeting with their Ford rep early last week. According to them, if you have the MIC roof on your order, have not received a build date, and are not a FE or WT, then you will not see you Bronco until 2022. I have a Badlands with MIC on order, reserved 48 hours after opening and no build date. I know everybody is hearing various info from their dealer and Ford but has anybody else heard this from their dealer?

I reached out to the GM because late last week I asked my Bronco rep if changing to soft top would speed things up and he said no, they are seeing MIC builds slowly trickle through and it could ramp up quickly.

So, who the hell do I believe here? Lol I want to trust the GM but he could easily be feeding me some story to help out his own business interests.
My dealer said that they barely get any significant margins on their vehicle sales. I doubt it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone representing Ford admitted that yet or this is just your theory?
It has been my theory, since Ford announced the free fabric liner. Because it made the most sense compared to the alternative theories, and because we already knew Ford was having production issues with the top. And last week I finally saw a hardtop in-person, and some of the areas visible around the fabric, could be perceived as not having a finished enough look for some customers.

Keep in mind, some folks were already complaining about the MIC honeycomb/carbon look of the hardtop interior, even before production issues. As long as the hardtop surfaces are sound, a lot of people should be fine with the fabric liner.

Sponsored

Chadesh

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A car
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was told by my rep, that mine should go into production in october. He seemed to imply that only certain color mic tops were an issue.

Dave_1978

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Learned that my Dealer 99'ed my order without permission or my knowledge. So ends my dream of a summer Bronco....

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was told by my rep, that mine should go into production in october. He seemed to imply that only certain color mic tops were an issue.
Certain Color MIC tops?

Chadesh

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A car
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Certain Color MIC tops?
The roofs is what ment. There was supply issues with certain roof types and MIC is short for molded in color, if you didn't already know. Which always confused me, because it's the default hard top and I see no way to change the color.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your dealer doesn't know what he's talking about. Moulded-in-Color tops only come in the gray you've seen. They've never been available in anything else. They aren't painted - the resin is moulded with the color mixed in. Your dealer, unfortunately, has no idea when your rig will be built (other than trying to estimate based on your place in their allocations).
Learned that my Dealer 99'ed my order without permission or my knowledge. So ends my dream of a summer Bronco....

Call them today and have them change it. They can, and you'll be in the queue.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Certain Color MIC tops?
Yeah, they're having issues with all the gray ones. The rest of the gray ones are fine though, I hear.

My dealer said however, that anyone ordering a gray top was getting moved up in the production list

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, they're having issues with all the gray ones. The rest of the gray ones are fine though, I hear.

My dealer said however, that anyone ordering a gray top was getting moved up in the production list
my purple MIC soft top has been pushed to ā€˜24

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If a WT moves to BL with soft top just to get built, do they also forgo the Ford Pass bucks they were promised due to having to move from MOD to MIC once purchase is completed?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.