Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried to find this many places, but my results weren't great. I was wondering what ways the passenger seat adjusts with the regular (non-powered, non-leather) trim and if it has more adjustments - beyond just adding power if you opt for the leather. This is one of my wife's concerns, so I am trying to figure out if I should go for the leather instead of the MGV. The way I look at it right now, it I am not going to pay $2100 for rear cupholders and carpet. But if there is more lumbar adjustment or the only way to get the adjustable lower seat cushion is by going power/leather....
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I tried to find this many places, but my results weren't great. I was wondering what ways the passenger seat adjusts with the regular (non-powered, non-leather) trim and if it has more adjustments - beyond just adding power if you opt for the leather. This is one of my wife's concerns, so I am trying to figure out if I should go for the leather instead of the MGV. The way I look at it right now, it I am not going to pay $2100 for rear cupholders and carpet. But if there is more lumbar adjustment or the only way to get the adjustable lower seat cushion is by going power/leather....
Following...although it may become academic for me, my Bronco is supposed to be in within a week or so. I have a question about vertical adjustment on non-power cloth seats, do they adjust up and down? Some early videos have shown vertical adjustment, but I haven't seen anything lately and the Owners Manual doesn't mention it.

OP
OP
foreWard

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following...although it may become academic for me, my Bronco is supposed to be in within a week or so. I have a question about vertical adjustment on non-power cloth seats, do they adjust up and down? Some early videos have shown vertical adjustment, but I haven't seen anything lately and the Owners Manual doesn't mention it.
That's a good question, too. I have only seen the drivers seat in operation on YouTube videos. The non-power drivers seat seems to have a "pump" lever to lower/raise it. Not sure about the passenger. One of my biggest questions is the angle of the lower cushion, where your knees can be adjusted to be "higher than your butt" or it sit flatter.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's a good question, too. I have only seen the drivers seat in operation on YouTube videos. The non-power drivers seat seems to have a "pump" lever to lower/raise it. Not sure about the passenger. One of my biggest questions is the angle of the lower cushion, where your knees can be adjusted to be "higher than your butt" or it sit flatter.
Yep, that's what I've seen too. I doubt you can tilt the bottom, but maybe. I raised the passenger seat on my 2013 Explorer with blocks because it was manual and had no vertical adjustment, felt like you were sitting in a bucket.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did some looking around and looks like the manual passenger seat is 6 way adjustable. So up/down, forward/back and recline - no lumbar on manual passenger seat.
Power passenger is 8 way adjustable. Up/down, forward/back/recline and adjustable lumbar. I don’t think the power passenger gets any tilt function for the cushion, only driver would as it is 10 way adjustable

Sponsored

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My MGV badlands (manual seats) has lumbar with a twist knob, but can not be moved up or down like in some power seats. For me its in a good spot. The seat also does raise up and down with a pump. I would assume that would be standard across all manual seats. But unless it has a secret lever somewhere, it does not have the ability to tilt the seat bottom. But this is also in a comfortable position for me. I am 6'3" and don't think I have been as comfortable in any other vehicle as I am in the bronco.

OP
OP
foreWard

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My MGV badlands (manual seats) has lumbar with a twist knob, but can not be moved up or down like in some power seats. For me its in a good spot. The seat also does raise up and down with a pump. I would assume that would be standard across all manual seats. But unless it has a secret lever somewhere, it does not have the ability to tilt the seat bottom. But this is also in a comfortable position for me. I am 6'3" and don't think I have been as comfortable in any other vehicle as I am in the bronco.
Does the passenger seat “pump” up and down, too? Or just the drivers seat?

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the passenger seat “pump” up and down, too? Or just the drivers seat?
I just checked and yes the passenger seat does too. That was also the first time looking at it from outside the vehicle. As you pump the seat bottom up it slightly tilts forward, and as it goes down it tilts back. So depending on how high you wanna sit you might be able to find a sweet spot.

OP
OP
foreWard

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just checked and yes the passenger seat does too. That was also the first time looking at it from outside the vehicle. As you pump the seat bottom up it slightly tilts forward, and as it goes down it tilts back. So depending on how high you wanna sit you might be able to find a sweet spot.
That’s great! Thank you so much for checking!