First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really think this issue is over blown. The new 35's don't make a lot of noise or cause a bad ride like the old ones used to. You would get more noise and worse ride from a more aggressive 33 than the normal 35. The 35's look the best. 33's will look great until parked next to a 35. The cost of the tires and extra gas is really small, as is the performance difference.
If this turns out to be true that the 35 inch Goodyears are more AT than Mud terrain than I'm going 35. Just don't want to ride around on mud tires when I'll be in the mud next to never but I do need decent snow performance.
Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has it's perks. I'm a civil engineer for a company that specializes in underground sewer installations. Some days are great but hours can be long and dangerous depending on the area. There are times where we are in teh middle of the road basically relying on the pedestrians not to kill us while they drive by. Other times I am down in sewers which can be live at times... anything you can think of and then some can float by you at any moment. :poop:
In that case you better make sure you get the washout interior!

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those 35" tires don't look like MTs to me. They look more like "maximum traction".

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base 2 door 2.3L with 7 speed manual comes with default 4.46 diff gears and 30" tires per the B&P. Change the trans to automatic, and diff gears default to 3.73. I'm having trouble accounting for such a large change in diff gears. Does anyone have the list of gears in each of the transmissions to run some calculations?
Interesting. I was looking at the 4 door Base which comes standard with AT and 3.73.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bringing this topic up to get some advice on this...

My Badlands 2.7L AT order is in and right now I'm going with the $995 upgraded 17" wheels with the 33" A/T tires. By default, it looks like it comes with the 4.46 ratio. In B&P, 4.7 can be added at no cost and I've seen a few posts where members have been able to order their BL without Sasquatch but with 4.7.

My questions are...

1) Is it actually no extra cost to change to 4.7?
2) What are the pros/cons between the two?

From earlier posts in this thread, it looks like MPG is negligible and there may be a difference in quickness from a standstill?

Sponsored

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bringing this topic up to get some advice on this...

My Badlands 2.7L AT order is in and right now I'm going with the $995 upgraded 17" wheels with the 33" A/T tires. By default, it looks like it comes with the 4.46 ratio. In B&P, 4.7 can be added at no cost and I've seen a few posts where members have been able to order their BL without Sasquatch but with 4.7.

My questions are...

1) Is it actually no extra cost to change to 4.7?
2) What are the pros/cons between the two?

From earlier posts in this thread, it looks like MPG is negligible and there may be a difference in quickness from a standstill?

I think it's been proven that the 4.7 in the B&P is not happening. I ordered last week and was unable to do it. Only available with manual or Squatch. I think with the 10 speed and the 2.7, you will be trying to stop wheel spin more than not! ;)

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's been proven that the 4.7 in the B&P is not happening. I ordered last week and was unable to do it. Only available with manual or Squatch. I think with the 10 speed and the 2.7, you will be trying to stop wheel spin more than not! ;)
That makes the decision easier for me... good or bad.

Sasquatch is cool looking for sure, but I also like the optional black rims with Carb Gray beauty ring and 33" A/T tires on a Carb Gray BL (my chosen color), it just looks too good to me and enough to pass on the Sasquatch and 4.7.

I'm looking to find a sweet spot between capable and good looking and I'm leaning toward this build without SASQ.

I've already changed my order once so for now, I'm going with this. ?

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That makes the decision easier for me... good or bad.

Sasquatch is cool looking for sure, but I also like the optional black rims with Carb Gray beauty ring and 33" A/T tires on a Carb Gray BL (my chosen color), it just looks too good to me and enough to pass on the Sasquatch and 4.7.

I'm looking to find a sweet spot between capable and good looking and I'm leaning toward this build without SASQ.

I've already changed my order once so for now, I'm going with this. ?
I went non sas with the optional wheels. While I expect a lot of people to love their 35” tires I’m willing to bet there will be many people who have buyers remorse.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went non sas with the optional wheels. While I expect a lot of people to love their 35” tires I’m willing to bet there will be many people who have buyers remorse.
I wanted a manual BL without squatch, so I am glad the 4.7 comes with it. I have a 2dr JK with 3.21 gearing that I put a AEV 3.5" lift on with KO2 35's I won at a raffle. It runs great, not sluggish, except on ascents on the highway. Since it is manual, I just lose 6th on the highway. I would have re-geared, but did not have money at the time.

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted a manual BL without squatch, so I am glad the 4.7 comes with it. I have a 2dr JK with 3.21 gearing that I put a AEV 3.5" lift on with KO2 35's I won at a raffle. It runs great, not sluggish, except on ascents on the highway. Since it is manual, I just lose 6th on the highway. I would have re-geared, but did not have money at the time.
how do you like your KO2s?

Sponsored

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how do you like your KO2s?
I love them. I do not have anything to really compare them to, but they look good, have done well in mud and snow, and are quiet on the road. They don't seem to wear too quick either, since it is my DD.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

WHAT IF you wanted to put 285/75/17 on the non-Sas? gear up to 4.7 (and therefore SAS) or leave as is?

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WHAT IF you wanted to put 285/75/17 on the non-Sas? gear up to 4.7 (and therefore SAS) or leave as is?

Just leave it. The 2.7 with the 4.46 Auto will have gobs of get up and
go!

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just leave it. The 2.7 with the 4.46 Auto will have gobs of get up and
go!
I believe 4.7 option in B&P for non squatch is an error. When i converted my order last Friday, the dealer said he couldn't configure. If i wanted the 2.7 / auto on BL and the 4.7 gears i had to upgrade to full sas.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

thank you Sir! I have 285/75/17 on my Wrangler (wit 2 inch lift) and my guess is that a Badlands suspension with the same size tire will be the right set up for me - beach cruising in off season, some dirt trails/roads and 95% pavement with a serious amount of highway!
Sponsored