ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Probably my least favorite review video. "it doesn't have a sense of humor"...what the f&@$ does that even mean? lol

Also, the video shows the BD doing everything they asked if it, but with passing comments about it not doing well before. How about showing that part in the video. 🙂
It means it doesn't have any "personality" maybe? Nothing inherently "WTH??".
Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably my least favorite review video. "it doesn't have a sense of humor"...what the f&@$ does that even mean? lol
Dunno, but it's about what I expect from Nick...

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
my thoughts too. i feel like 33s and a level or 1-2" lift makes it perfect though when you're up for tires. that's my plan.
This is a solid plan and one I've had in my head. I'll be just fine with the stock 32s. I won't off road that frequent enough for it to matter. But when I'm up for tires that's ideal time to bump up the tires since I'd need to buy new tires anyway

Last edited:

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

another
I drove on some roads that were not paved and had dirt
and I still had problems.
Video
Topped off with I Can't understand why these barely non street tires had no traction.
but that equates to, this is a Wrangler killer.
LAME
I swear Loren Healy is the only person to actually put the Bronco to the test.

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After driving mine for two weeks I can honestly say it has the most personality of any vehicle I've ever owned. I wish reviewers like this could keep their subjective BS to themselves, but I guess that's what drives people to click and watch.

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe if the reviewer put on truck nuts or those headlight eyelashes it would like it then? I can usaully respect people reviews but this guy is trying to say it should have a "sense of humor" What a joke. Thats going to make or break if he going to buy a vehicle then he seems suited to buy a Kia Soul then where the used to have hamsters driving it in the commercials. 🤮

Last edited:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After driving mine for two weeks I can honestly say it has the most personality of any vehicle I've ever owned. I wish reviewers like this could keep their subjective BS to themselves, but I guess that's what drives people to click and watch.
Won't get my bronco for another month. Can you expound on what you felt was "personality"? I know that's a hard thing to qualify into words. How would you describe it if you could?

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To say it doesn't have a sense of humor or personality shows his review was really superficial. Look at the attention to detail, the numerous Easter Eggs, the linkages with the history of the brand. A freaking bottle opener - what is more fun than that! :D They killed it on the design and re-introduced an iconic brand that bridges the old and new generations. Its not the tired old wrangler/gladiator that has become so passé that you don't even notice them when they drive by. Broncos are not a dime a dozen, and THAT is what is fun!

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If he’s bottoming out and scraping things accidentally, then maybe he should be picking better lines. A stock bronco on 32’s will be plenty capable. Once you’re comfortable with the vehicle you can start pushing it. Before then, pick the right lines. You don’t drive a corvette over a curb. You don’t take a stock bronco on 32’s over obstacles that require 37’s. Once we learn and get comfortable with these vehicles, they will be plenty capable stock. Lifts and bigger tires aren’t necessary (fun for sure), unless you have the desire and expertise to tackle trails that require them. All that said, modding is half the fun. Just don’t want people throwing money at things they think are necessary when they aren’t.

Sponsored

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you owned a jeep you'd understand. ;) I own a manual Rubicon lifted on 35's that's pretty tricked out. It likes to veer off the f'ing road if you're not paying attention. It breaks often. Sometimes the radio doesn't come on. You have to turn off the key, exit the vehicle and walk away a short distance, then it will work the next time. Your mechanic will tell you that JEEP stands for Just Empty Every Pocket. After a while, all you can do is laugh at the insanity. But for some reason I do love that vehicle. It will go anywhere.

I ordered a Badlands/SAS hoping that Ford really built a Rubicon competitor. I can't wait for it to arrive. I sure the hell hope it's as "boring" as the guy in the video claims because after 164K miles, I'm tired of my Rubicon's "sense of humor!"

BTW ... if you take a look at the other videos he's released you'll find one on his Gladiator build. He's put an amazing amount of time, energy and money into that Jeep for over landing. Building that Jeep is his passion. He stated that he bought the Gladiator because he wanted a solid front axle. Trying this Bronco was for clicks. IMO, you can't get a feel for what a stock Black Diamond will do when your frame of reference is a heavily modified Gladiator on 37's. They're entirely different animals. Still, I found both videos to be worth the watch.

AZbronco1

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh my! A little mud and 6” tree roots! What a tough trail! This guy’s a joke.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the best irony on the interment for the day!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To say it doesn't have a sense of humor or personality shows his review was really superficial. Look at the attention to detail, the numerous Easter Eggs, the linkages with the history of the brand. A freaking bottle opener - what is more fun than that! :D They killed it on the design and re-introduced an iconic brand that bridges the old and new generations. Its not the tired old wrangler/gladiator that has become so passé that you don't even notice them when they drive by. Broncos are not a dime a dozen, and THAT is what is fun!
A while back I said something similar to someone trashing the stock Base and saying all Broncos need to be "Squatched. " Basically.. If you can't have fun in any Bronco you're either boring, can't drive, or both.
Sponsored