Sponsored

Non Sasquatch flares on a Sasquatch any pics, please?

Joer

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bunch of BMWs, M5, 135i, x5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought the cover for an F150 twin Turbo Eco Boost and warning, I had to cut and file and mod the damn thing for hours. It was 80 bucks plus 20 shipping from a Ford dealer out West. I just could not stand opening up the hood and it looks like someone dropped a large plate of spagetti. Now at least I can clean the cover, the air box and the battery hold down.
mid there a noticeable decrease in engine noise with the cover installed? Also what is it mounted to? Does it just clip on or did you have to get mounting hardware?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Signal Ahead

Signal Ahead

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Joer

Sorry, was out all day yesterday. There are two holes in the actual cover that line up as they should with two studs on the manifold and block on the 2.7. For one, you will have to supply an additional nut for and the other has a nut on there already which makes it easy to take to Lowes or HD to match up. I forget what size it is, as that side of it was done last year. It is a true pita because of the twin turbo tubes. I found that if you loosen the fasteners for the tubes it will make life a lot easier when it comes to manipulating things around to make it all fit. I also made a simple L bracket and ran that to the firewall in the rear so it doesn't teeter around; I flat blacked that and it blends in nicely. I didn't do it for sound. In fact, I just don't understand what folks mean about the truck being loud. To me it is too quiet. What it was, I just couldn't stand opening that damn bonnet to see that slop of wires and crap they threw on there with a bucket. All in all, I am happy, but I still have to order the quick disconnects as I went ahead and cut out a place in the cover for two 3/4 in hoses to come out to an oil can. I even fabbed the bracket for the catch can to hang off the battery tray hold down, but despite what those who sold and shipped the oil can stated on Amazon, I don't have enough hose to make the journey and, like I mentioned earlier, I want to use the Fomoco quick disconnects for the PVC intercept back to teh cylinder head.

Last edited:

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah I have carbonized gray on my OBX, looking to trade for SAS flares .. Tampa FL area

ninjaBronco

Badlands
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All Right! Great Seller on EBAY! Arrived in 4 days from order! That's Amazon speed, baby! I love them and I am beyond happy I spent the damn 375, all in. Now, I still have the factory Squatch flares and these. The turn tabs do not come on the flares and they are not really designed well. They are just flimsey plastic that has little push in plastic tabs which I can assume after five or six good yanks on and off will eventually crack in the future after two winters. Also when removing the Squatch flares, man! What a popping sound and, of course, just the correct amount of brute force needed to make you question if you broke it or if all is okay (WHY?) How about rubber washers with a cotter or slide pin of plastic? Anyway, here they are. I love the poke (what little there is!).

Bronco non Squatch flares5.jpg

Bronco non Squatch flares4.jpg

Bronco non Squatch flares3.jpg

Bronco non Squatch flares2.jpg

Bronco non Squatch flares1.jpg
Love the painted grill on this! Did you DIY? Looks like a good match to your Sasquatch wheel rings!

OP
OP
Signal Ahead

Signal Ahead

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love the painted grill on this! Did you DIY? Looks like a good match to your Sasquatch wheel rings!
Thanks! Yes, I bought the grill from Ford, cause I wanted to keep everything stock untouched. Stupid grill was $499, but I had $350 from Ford Dollars b/c I waited 18 months (second day order). The letters were another $130. Paint is Rustoleum "Brilliant Metallic." I prepped with laquer thinner and wet the floors and did three full coats (2 complete cans), then two coats of clear. Ford ships the Big Bend gril in primer.

Overall, I am very happy although it does have chips regardless of how much paint and clear I applied. I am thinking I will touch it up and then clear it with 3M 6mil.

The red letters are covers with stickers on the inside. I left the other letters on the original grill, as Ford saves money by burning the shanks of the letters in with some kind of midieval iron. When I put the new letters on, I bought a box of thin fender spring compression clips from Lowes so I can remove them when I want.

It's kind of funny that in the end, had I not swapped many of the small plastic brackets and positioning pins needed to switch the grill over, I woul dhave paid in excess of $650 dollars to switch a plastic grill! FooBaaaa!

I hope someday Ford or an aftermarket company make a stainless or polished aluminum grill like those of the late Sixties. early Seventies Ford F100s!

Bob

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Standard flares on a Sasquatch

Ford Bronco Non Sasquatch flares on a Sasquatch any pics, please? 4581C109-D449-4E92-81AA-D39C43055C6E
Sponsored