First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t think we were aiming for normal. Looking at the bronco, it seems like there was a lot of effort taken to eliminate weaknesses of past broncos and current competitors. The goal was to come out with something that is the best. Is there a reason Ford doesn’t eliminate “normal” in the highest trim bronco (badlands) and install sports mode instead? It makes more sense for eco mode to be the default mode any way.
Sponsored

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Until Ford reveals the specs of Normal mode in the BL, I'm not going to worry about it being inferior to Sport mode. The mapping could very well approximate Sport mode in other trims.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im sure you will be able to hack the shit out of the car and turn each "mode" into whatever you want

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Please define "the best".

Sponsored

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Between eco, normal and sport it makes the most sense to have eco and sport, and skip normal. Unless eco mode is so eco that it's undrivable I don't see the point of a "normal" mode. When I'm driving around normally I wan't to max the economy - that is normal to me...

I'm really curious how much eco sucks if Ford decided it also needed a normal mode.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP - Why would you want to ALWAYS be pushing the envelope on any given item? I would argue that the "Normal" mode is to let the owner not have to sacrifice some bit of comfort/functionality. Each of the modes tweaks a system higher or lower, normal relaxes all of the extra "stress" that the systems take.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was pretty bummed about no sport mode on badlands initially but I imagine just using normal and manual shifting gears (auto shift knob has the + / - buttons) can achieve a similar result when you need the speed. The other benefits of the badlands outweigh a sport mode.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was pretty bummed about no sport mode on badlands initially but I imagine just using normal and manual shifting gears (auto shift knob has the + / - buttons) can achieve a similar result when you need the speed. The other benefits of the badlands outweigh a sport mode.
I’m torn on it...I can see shifting manually, but is throttle response less in normal mode? Lack of Sport mode really is one factor pushing me off Badlands down to BD, if I can’t get comfortable on how this will effect things.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good grief people. Vehicles didn’t even have modes until less than 10 years ago when throttle by wire became a mass produced thing. Until then it was drive with your right foot and your cable opened the throttle body. Normal mode on your Ford will be fine. If you are looking for a sports car with instantaneous throttle response, go elsewhere. The biggest thing sport mode does is pipe sound in through your speakers. The other modes that touch off road or slick conditions are much more impactful.

Sponsored

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP - Why would you want to ALWAYS be pushing the envelope on any given item? I would argue that the "Normal" mode is to let the owner not have to sacrifice some bit of comfort/functionality. Each of the modes tweaks a system higher or lower, normal relaxes all of the extra "stress" that the systems take.
You make normal sound pretty... economical... to me.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good grief people. Vehicles didn’t even have modes until less than 10 years ago when throttle by wire became a mass produced thing. Until then it was drive with your right foot and your cable opened the throttle body. Normal mode on your Ford will be fine. If you are looking for a sports car with instantaneous throttle response, go elsewhere. The biggest thing sport mode does is pipe sound in through your speakers. The other modes that touch off road or slick conditions are much more impactful.
Cars used to not have a lot of things.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m torn on it...I can see shifting manually, but is throttle response less in normal mode? Lack of Sport mode really is one factor pushing me off Badlands down to BD, if I can’t get comfortable on how this will effect things.
I think you may regret giving up sway bar, better suspension or optional high or lux packages for sport mode, unless you didn’t want those features. It’s annoying there’s no sport mode but I’m pretty sure you can put Baja into 2H if you want more throttle response. And it’s a 5k lb off road vehicle, it’s not going to make a huge difference on the pavement.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s how I roll. Unless in a hurry, eco is fine.
Biggest annoyance Ford does is it reverts to the normal drive mode when you turn off you vehicle. I understand why, but it would be ok if you were in eco and you turned off your car to get gas and it remained in eco when you restarted. I personally think they should put a timer on it. If off less than “x” minutes, remain in current mode.
Sponsored