Sponsored

Northeast Bronco Buyers - Would you consider a reservation switch to Grangers with a couple of Granger arranged group deliveries

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 10/1 Grangetober reservation, and I am interested. Keeping my options open...
Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is random but long ago we had a chat about emissions in varies states. I am attaching the booklet that Ford put out that also shows the code for when you order your Bronco in another state. This should help many.

Attachments

OP
OP
Dave4x4

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is random but long ago we had a chat about emissions in varies states. I am attaching the booklet that Ford put out that also shows the code for when you order your Bronco in another state. This should help many.
Thank you very much for posting this. With many on here ordering from out of state dealers this info is extremely important!!!

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you very much for posting this. With many on here ordering from out of state dealers this info is extremely important!!!
I was digging for some Bronco mud and came across this and remembered going back and 4th on this topic. Now that I found something solid I wanted to loop back and post it.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s the status of this? Still possible? Are potential pick up locations being considered?

Sponsored

Biteyk9s

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very important for CA residents as well. I hope people are educated on this ...

OP
OP
Dave4x4

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What’s the status of this? Still possible? Are potential pick up locations being considered?
I was the OP and I dropped it due to not enough interest.... probably should of had the @Administrator close this thread, however the info regarding the California Emissions requirements is valuable to many.

OP
OP
Dave4x4

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Based on the context and phrasing, I think that it goes back to my previous post. There's a common misunderstanding of the phrase "50 state compliant". I think that is at work here. As I said before, "50 state compliant" is not synonymous with "California compliant". In my experience, when this is the answer you get, it comes from someone that isn't aware of the difference. Because the answer is very definitely no, not all Broncos/vehicles/etc are California compliant if they are not ordered with that option. I'll reiterate - all new vehicles sold are at least "50-state compliant". This means that they meet federal regulations. It does not mean they meet California rules. That is another tier of regulation that 37 states don't follow, so Ford doesn't spend the money on compliance for those markets.

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, my eyes glazed over reading that booklet. I had no idea this was so complicated. $47k civil penalty for a dealer getting it wrong. This puts Granger and others at risk it would seem, as a CA or NY buyer backing out would leave them with a vehicle they can’t sell locally - at least how I read this. We also can’t title the car without the right emission codes. Government at work!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

never mind
I looked into this today...

It’s not an issue with the Bronco. All Broncos will come as “50 State Compliant” meaning they meet BOTH federal and CA state regulations.

Some vehicles are able to be optioned by .gov customers to be only compliant for one or the other... but all Broncos will come 50 state compliant irrespective of what state they are sent to, and there is no code for the dealer to screw it up.

No worries on this

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I looked into this today...

It’s not an issue with the Bronco. All Broncos will come as “50 State Compliant” meaning they meet BOTH federal and CA state regulations.

Some vehicles are able to be optioned by .gov customers to be only compliant for one or the other... but all Broncos will come 50 state compliant irrespective of what state they are sent to, and there is no code for the dealer to screw it up.

No worries on this
Yep, that's what I just found. Looks like all manufactures will be doing DUAL-CERTIFIED VEHICLES.