Sponsored

Northeast Bronco Buyers - Would you consider a reservation switch to Grangers with a couple of Granger arranged group deliveries

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Saw a thread on some of the Colorado buyers switching reservations to Grangers with Granger arranging for deliveries grouped together into 6-8 Broncos per truckload.... The cost of transport for each Bronco is being quoted as around $425.
Are there any Northeast buyers interested in a similar arrangement?
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/colorado-group-buy-with-granger.5673/
Sponsored

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By "similar arrangement", do you mean from Granger, or from a dealer somewhere a bit closer?

Its worth pointing out that here in NY, new vehicles being titled are required to meet California emissions standards. You can bring a used vehicle in from out of state once its used enough, but new vehicles have to ship with the California emissions group that most Midwestern and western states don't require. In fact, most of the states that require California emissions are in the northeast or mid-Atlantic region. So, maybe this idea would work if there was a dealer in NY, etc, that was willing to play along.

OP
OP
Dave4x4

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Granger pricing is $1300 below Dealer Invoice. so far there has been no interest from any Northeast Dealers in coming anywhere close to that type of deal.

Bccarlin

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interested.

Sponsored

Bccarlin

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Granger pricing is $1300 below Dealer Invoice. so far there has been no interest from any Northeast Dealers in coming anywhere close to that type of deal.
Stephens Auto Center in West Virginia has substantially the same deal as Granger, but is at least on the east coast. Buying from there and driving back is my plan If there are no comparable offers from Northeast dealers.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
By "similar arrangement", do you mean from Granger, or from a dealer somewhere a bit closer?

Its worth pointing out that here in NY, new vehicles being titled are required to meet California emissions standards. You can bring a used vehicle in from out of state once its used enough, but new vehicles have to ship with the California emissions group that most Midwestern and western states don't require. In fact, most of the states that require California emissions are in the northeast or mid-Atlantic region. So, maybe this idea would work if there was a dealer in NY, etc, that was willing to play along.
What qualified as used? Can the guys at Granger take the broncos out for a quick spin and doc it used?

Bccarlin

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stephens Auto Center in West Virginia has substantially the same deal as Granger, but is at least on the east coast. Buying from there and driving back is my plan If there are no comparable offers from Northeast dealers.
Just saw the thread on the Granger out of state shipping offer. I have not read about Stephens is offering that. I now understand why you suggest Granger. I apologize. Still interested.

OP
OP
Dave4x4

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I sent a note to Albert at Grangers to inquiry as to whether or not NY Emission requirements complicate using Grangers as the dealer that one purchases from.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is attractive, but not being able to title at home is a problem for me. I know some people may be able to work around with out-of-state addresses, etc, but that isn't a very universal answer.

What qualified as used? Can the guys at Granger take the broncos out for a quick spin and doc it used?
I don't recall exactly, but I expect there's a little more to it than that. The state has guidelines as to what constitutes the difference, but I don't recall what they are.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dave4x4

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is attractive, but not being able to title at home is a problem for me...
I am not sure that buying from an out of state dealer and then getting a NY Title/Registration is a problem.
Glad you brought it up because it is certainly worth getting clarification on.

OP
OP
Dave4x4

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got an answer to the emissions question..

9B548470-FCC2-4E1E-94A5-0C62E16F0426.png

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd be curious if you find a Northeast Pa/NJ group if all else fails. It's definitely worth considering.

Where's our surveys? And charts? Sorry, I've been doing them for the last month, I had to give ya a hard time.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not sure that buying from an out of state dealer and then getting a NY Title/Registration is a problem.
Glad you brought it up because it is certainly worth getting clarification on.
It shouldn't be a problem as long as the vehicle has the correct equipment. See below.

Got an answer to the emissions question..

9B548470-FCC2-4E1E-94A5-0C62E16F0426.png
FYI - This is NOT the same as meeting California emissions. All Fords are "50 state" compliant. The issue is that there's a bit of a misnomer in that term. Vehicles that meet the federal-level emissions are deemed "50-state compliant". So, the term really means they meet federal standards, instead of meaning that the car is acceptable in all 50 states.

So, while all Fords meet federal rules, they do not all meet the elevated "California" standards. There are a total of 13 states (including California) that require this elevated requirement. So in reality, "50-state" means 37 states. Dealers that don't deal with that on normal basis may not be aware of this distinction (I've seen this before), but I think that there is a California emission option box that they can check when ordering. If they order your vehicle with it, then there should not be a problem. But you can't buy off their lot because their inventory is unlikely to have been ordered accordingly.

So, it becomes a matter of if they are willing to order with California emissions, for an out-of-state buyer, and take the risk of being stuck with it. I can't imagine that their average buyer would know the difference, but who knows?

EDIT - I looked it up. You can bring in a non-compliant vehicle if:
1) it has more than 7500 miles on it
2) you bought it at time that you resided outside of NY and since moved here
3) you where traveling and had to buy a vehicle to replace a damage/wrecked/etc vehicle
4) you inherited the vehicle from out-of-state
5) you are in the armed forces
6) the vehicle is an authorized emergency vehicle.

And of course, there is a form to fill out to do so.

https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/california-emissions-standards
Sponsored

Last edited: