Sponsored

Northeast Bronco Buyers - Would you consider a reservation switch to Grangers with a couple of Granger arranged group deliveries

Nu2Fordz

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, BMW M6, GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco Northeast Bronco Buyers - Would you consider a reservation switch to Grangers with a  couple of Granger arranged group deliveries 1600825959247

The question raised in this post was if all Broncos are California Compliant, and the answer from @Granger Ford was yes. Not sure what is the correct interpretation

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1600825959247.png

The question raised in this post was if all Broncos are California Compliant, and the answer from @Granger Ford was yes. Not sure what is the correct interpretation
Based on the context and phrasing, I think that it goes back to my previous post. There's a common misunderstanding of the phrase "50 state compliant". I think that is at work here. As I said before, "50 state compliant" is not synonymous with "California compliant". In my experience, when this is the answer you get, it comes from someone that isn't aware of the difference. Because the answer is very definitely no, not all Broncos/vehicles/etc are California compliant if they are not ordered with that option. I'll reiterate - all new vehicles sold are at least "50-state compliant". This means that they meet federal regulations. It does not mean they meet California rules. That is another tier of regulation that 37 states don't follow, so Ford doesn't spend the money on compliance for those markets.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm already reserved with them but if I was not then I would still pick it up. Why? Because it will be a semi forced vacation. Take a couple weeks to get home. Couple hundred miles a day tops. All back roads.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Based on the context and phrasing, I think that it goes back to my previous post. There's a common misunderstanding of the phrase "50 state compliant". I think that is at work here. As I said before, "50 state compliant" is not synonymous with "California compliant". In my experience, when this is the answer you get, it comes from someone that isn't aware of the difference. Because the answer is very definitely no, not all Broncos/vehicles/etc are California compliant if they are not ordered with that option. I'll reiterate - all new vehicles sold are at least "50-state compliant". This means that they meet federal regulations. It does not mean they meet California rules. That is another tier of regulation that 37 states don't follow, so Ford doesn't spend the money on compliance for those markets.
Out of curiousity, how do cars get sold into California via used market, if they were sold new in a diff market?
Doesn’t make sense because cars from other markets are transferred into CA by the thousands.

ie, carvana just shipped a buddy a Subaru from Arizona this weekend.

Sponsored

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, assuming California has rules similar to NY, there are a few way around the requirement. But in the used car market, its just a matter of having enough mileage on them to no longer count as "new". In NY, that's at least 7500 miles. And if you move into the state from out of state, you can bring your existing car with you. So it isn't that complicated to see how these cars get into the state.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
What of
Well, assuming California has rules similar to NY, there are a few way around the requirement. But in the used car market, its just a matter of having enough mileage on them to no longer count as "new". In NY, that's at least 7500 miles. And if you move into the state from out of state, you can bring your existing car with you. So it isn't that complicated to see how these cars get into the state.
what if we pick up in Iowa and drive back? Is there any issues?

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks I’ll do the Google’s tonight. Don’t think CA has a used car clause like that.

I wonder how dealers transfer new stock between each other if the cars are different.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what if we pick up in Iowa and drive back? Is there any issues?
Not if you can put 7500 miles on it on the way back... In all seriousness, I think if it is a new vehicle being titled as-new in New York, it has to be built with the California emissions package. If the dealer doesn't order it as such, then it has to meet one of the exemptions I mentioned previously in order to be titled here. But I'd be surprised if the dealer in CO can't order it that way if they figure out how.

For what its worth, I'm not trying to poop on the OP's idea here. If you guys can make it work, that's great, I might even get involved myself. But I just want people to realize that it isn't as simple as it should be; that if you did this blindly, you will get bitten in the ass hard. Don't count on the dealer in Colorado to know what New York requires, make sure you do your own research.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not if you can put 7500 miles on it on the way back... In all seriousness, I think if it is a new vehicle being titled as-new in New York, it has to be built with the California emissions package. If the dealer doesn't order it as such, then it has to meet one of the exemptions I mentioned previously in order to be titled here. But I'd be surprised if the dealer in CO can't order it that way if they figure out how.

For what its worth, I'm not trying to poop on the OP's idea here. If you guys can make it work, that's great, I might even get involved myself. But I just want people to realize that it isn't as simple as it should be; that if you did this blindly, you will get bitten in the ass hard. Don't count on the dealer in Colorado to know what New York requires, make sure you do your own research.
How would this come up as an issue? Registration?

Sponsored

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How would this come up as an issue? Registration?
In applying for the title. This is something that the dealer would normally handle if you bought a new car locally. Part of the process for a new car is submitting documentation from the manufacturer that says the vehicle has a legit VIN. That document also describes emission compliance. If the vehicle doesn't meet the state requirements, they will deny the title request and you are hosed. You will have no choice but to move out of New York so that you can register your new Bronco, then move back again when its a year old. :)

I'll post this again, even though it is also on the previous page:
https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/california-emissions-standards

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In applying for the title. This is something that the dealer would normally handle if you bought a new car locally. Part of the process for a new car is submitting documentation from the manufacturer that says the vehicle has a legit VIN. That document also describes emission compliance. If the vehicle doesn't meet the state requirements, they will deny the title request and you are hosed. You will have no choice but to move out of New York so that you can register your new Bronco, then move back again when its a year old. :)

I'll post this again, even though it is also on the previous page:
https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/california-emissions-standards
between @EricAtKearnyMesaFord , @Granger Ford , @StephensAutoCenter and @NayNay we can get an answer. They all use the same order system and they can tell us if for makes a California specific vehicle

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you place the order you select the California emissions. Just like you select a specific trim.
The post about being compliant and the cali emissions is correct they are 2 different things. So..... buyers this is on you!! Make sure when you place that order that they are California emissions. There's no added costs for this. It's a box the dealer selects. If your state requires it you will not be able to Register the vehicle. You cannot get around this by driving 7500 miles. If you are the 1st owner then you bought it brand new and the title and dealership will reflect that. Some states can not order a vehicle unless it's California emissions but other states can skip this.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The post about being compliant and the cali emissions is correct they are 2 different things. So..... buyers this is on you!! Make sure when you place that order that they are California emissions. There's no added costs for this. It's a box the dealer selects. If your state requires it you will not be able to Register the vehicle. You cannot get around this by driving 7500 miles. If you are the 1st owner then you bought it brand new and the title and dealership will reflect that. Some states can not order a vehicle unless it's California emissions but other states can skip this.
So, in short. We just need to make 100% sure our sales persons understand that we are in a strict emissions control state like CA and to check the box. Correct?

@Granger Ford , can we make sure our sales people are 100% on top of this?
Sponsored