First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Portland will be a better destination than VT. Those flying in to Manchester, NH or Boston are 2 hours or less. There's lots to do there including Old Portland, or visit many of the beaches down the coast into NH and MA. As far as the actual location my money is in Waterboro at MX207. They have a motocross track, and the area is surrounded by great trails for ATV's and UTV's. Bronco's would get get a decent workout there. It's about 15 miles west of Portland, and 30 minutes from our lake house :)
Sponsored

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Portland is a strange choice as far as Maine goes. I'm fairly familiar and not aware of any off-road challenges within city limits. Could possibly be private land.
I live in Kennebunk and work in Portland. Great city with a lot of great restaurants but no off-roading in Portland. But there are a lot of possibilities close by. Very excited.😀

projectrally

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 RF / Factory Five 818 / 2018 CX-5 GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool, but also…bummer! Was hoping for an excuse to go somewhere on an adventure getaway to do the offrodeo. But I guess it’ll be nice to meet the locals and learn some cool trails in my backyard.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you click the original AD, this comes up.

Ford Bronco Northeast Bronco Off Roadeo may be in Portland, Maine according to job listing Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 8.28.16 AM
Ford Bronco Northeast Bronco Off Roadeo may be in Portland, Maine according to job listing Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 8.28.48 AM

Sponsored

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As a local, could you give us some insight on what type of terrain the participants could be looking at in your area?
I doubt the Rodeo area will be right in Portland, not much land here. But, that is where there office is apparently.

Everywhere immediately outside of the city has cool flatlander stuff. Depending on where they buy/rent, it could include creek crossings, higher speed powerlines runs, and heavily wooded singletrack, as well as large open spaces that could be built into a skills park.

Then within an hour there are small mountains, a very small natural desert, and lots more of the terrain listed above. Everything that would have been seen in Vermont is here as well.

Within two hours are large mountains and lots of "Company Owned Land" (logging, electric, etc.) that would give you about every experience you would get in Northern US.

We also have a lot of granite so, depending on where they go, there would be rock crawling.

Anywhere you can run water would be mudding.

The only thing really missing are the wide open desert and moab type riding.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maine has justifiably earned the reputation, “Maine in Vacationland”.

The video below was created by the Northeast Adventure Company. They specialize in off-road skills training and adventures in VT, NH, ME, and Canada. (I hope my Bronco will be in one of their videos.)

One aspect of Maine that is worth mentioning is the focus on outdoor activities and the tourist industry. Maine wants all visitors to enjoy their state and their safety is important. To ensure visitors encounter knowledgeable guides/trainers, they have the licensed Maine Guide program. It is a rigorous exam with both written and oral sections. Therefore, the state is a prime location for finding superb guides with all kinds of training. (I have my license as a Maine Guide for Ocean Kayaking.)

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't get much more 'North' or 'East' than Maine!
About 7 hrs from me here in Pa isn't bad..... would be an awesome trip.
Yeah, 7 hours for us... Could be longer (at least it's not northern Maine!) , but I was pretty happy when I initially saw "Vermont" since that's a 2 hour shorter drive. Maine is awesome though!

I'll take it! 👍

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs