Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thinking of changing my reservation to Granger. I am a Nebraska boy who is now living in Northern California. Been kinda disappointed in the dealers out here. The Ford Store in Morgan Hill which is near me has no ADM and honors X-Plan (which i qualify for) but is $450 over invoice and gave me really poor offers for my trade in's (2009 all stock Jeep Rubicon & a 50th anniversary edition Mini Cooper Camden) both of which i can get way more money from private party sale (and even significantly more on Carvana). Anybody have suggestion for San Jose area before I head back to the midwest????
Sponsored

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Frontier Ford. Why not just do a private party sale?

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the heads up all - I’ll contact them back and ask for them to explain the discrepancy.

Pretty easy proof when other dealers have confirmed as well as the Ford NA Product Communications Manager (M. Levine)
Thinking of changing my reservation to Granger. I am a Nebraska boy who is now living in Northern California. Been kinda disappointed in the dealers out here. The Ford Store in Morgan Hill which is near me has no ADM and honors X-Plan (which i qualify for) but is $450 over invoice and gave me really poor offers for my trade in's (2009 all stock Jeep Rubicon & a 50th anniversary edition Mini Cooper Camden) both of which i can get way more money from private party sale (and even significantly more on Carvana). Anybody have suggestion for San Jose area before I head back to the midwest????
*scratching my head* How is The Ford Store $450 over invoice when X-Plan is invoice minus .04% plus $275. The pricing should be the same at any dealer, any other difference being your trade-in if you have one

zconner1

Badlands
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*scratching my head* How is The Ford Store $450 over invoice when X-Plan is invoice minus .04% plus $275. The pricing should be the same at any dealer, any other difference being your trade-in if you have one
Yeah I am not sure what the deal is....

Sponsored

zconner1

Badlands
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're willing to come up to Walnut Creek? Give Shahram Tavakol at Walnut Creek Ford a call. Maybe you can work out a deal with Shahram.
I will give them a shot but honestly my hope is fading for the NorCal dealers coming anywhere near the deal that Granger has talked about.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will give them a shot but honestly my hope is fading for the NorCal dealers coming anywhere near the deal that Granger has talked about.
Nobody can touch the Granger deal, but unless you nan factor a small vacation going to Des Moines, the net savings is down to hundreds of dollars for the acquisition, not worth the time and expense, plus the added work getting California registration

zconner1

Badlands
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody can touch the Granger deal, but unless you nan factor a small vacation going to Des Moines, the net savings is down to hundreds of dollars for the acquisition, not worth the time and expense, plus the added work getting California registration
Again I am from Nebraska and visit family often so not such a Hassel for me personally

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Grainger Ford seems to be a good dealership, and I understand why they are receiving so much attention. But aside from the travel to Iowa. You will need to consider what hassles you might have with California Registration. And trailering your new Bronco home? A long trip like that at somewhat high speed isn't the best way to break in a new engine and drive train.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Grainger Ford seems to be a good dealership, and I understand why they are receiving so much attention. But aside from the travel to Iowa. You will need to consider what hassles you might have with California Registration. And trailering your new Bronco home? A long trip like that at somewhat high speed isn't the best way to break in a new engine and drive train.
I disagree. Changing engine rolls with man shift auto and rpm breaking on downhill slopes from Rockies and Sierra is fine and probably better than most Bay Area driving. Adding 2k miles to a new vehicle is another issue.

I’m looking at 200/300 fight out gas and hotel bills for 3 nights on the way back is about $1k total. Or one could ship for $1k. This takes the price to invoice.

Has no one found under msrp pricing without a PIN number in NorCal?

Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I disagree. Changing engine rolls with man shift auto and rpm breaking on downhill slopes from Rockies and Sierra is fine and probably better than most Bay Area driving. Adding 2k miles to a new vehicle is another issue.

I’m looking at 200/300 fight out gas and hotel bills for 3 nights on the way back is about $1k total. Or one could ship for $1k. This takes the price to invoice.

Has no one found under msrp pricing without a PIN number in NorCal?
Maybe your right about the break in Richtor? Maybe the new eco boost turbo engines would be fine driving 1,800 miles at 80 mph? Cause you know you're not gonna keep it under 65 mph the whole way. Maybe I'm just old school? I believe a new engine should be broken in slow and easy for the first few hundred miles. But your absolutely right about considering all the associated travel costs. Not to mention the 1,800 miles.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe your right about the break in Richtor? Maybe the new eco boost turbo engines would be fine driving 1,800 miles at 80 mph? Cause you know you're not gonna keep it under 65 mph the whole way. Maybe I'm just old school? I believe a new engine should be broken in slow and easy for the first few hundred miles. But your absolutely right about considering all the associated travel costs. Not to mention the 1,800 miles.
More important is the rpms. 2 3.5 1.8 2.9 4.2 3.1 5.4 let the engine be your brakes on the downhill to seat the rings.

My dad drove his brand new 72 Trans Am 455 from Detroit to LA.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Turning your Bronco buy into a family visit is one thing, but there is no deal granger can offer that allows you to save money if you live in California. Buy the time you calculate traveling expenses and extra DMV stuff, you will probably lose money.

There is a post somewhere on this forum from a person who did the whole DMV thing... you might see if you can find it.. some great info.

asurfer11

Badlands
First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 africa twin
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have my First Edition Reservation with Downtown Ford in Sacramento.

Chuck Dean the general manager let me know they do not plan on applying ADM to any reservations, including the First Edition, and will honor X-Plan, depending on what Ford allows.

I highly suggest reaching out to this dealership if you have any questions. Chuck was very responsive and happy to answer any and all questions.

Chuck Dean - [email protected]
Thanks for the info. I have my Black diamond reserved with them and am considering switching to Future ford in Roseville...

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for the info. I have my Black diamond reserved with them and am considering switching to Future ford in Roseville...
Why the switch? Better deal or closer location?
Sponsored