SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I posted something similar in the other thread.. but this whole topic reminds me of e-bay... people get so caught up in a "deal" they end up paying more or just about new prices.

Why would you want $1,000 under invoice just to lose it in Shipping (for the 2nd Time). I mean yes.. if you just want to flat out support Granger.. awesome. But to pay both the Destination charge, then extra shipping, then the extra cost of the Cali DMV... just doesn't make sense to me.

Now this all goes with the understanding that there are CA dealers that will Honor the X Plan of course. If that goes out the window, then that completely changes things.
You pay the destination charge regardless of the dealer. Only once.

The shipping from Granger to here makes the $1300 discount a wash. So you're left with paying invoice. So yeah if you can guarantee x plan here it's probably worth buying local, if not Granger might be a better option
Sponsored

emaier

Outer Banks
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just got email conformation from the sales manger Greg Zehms at Sonora Ford, they will honer the X plan if ford allows and no ADM plus a No-Cost 25 year unlimited mileage limited powertrain warranty.

dlnew2

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Below is the response I received from Auburn Ford.

Message by ‪(530) 404-5268‬: Thanks for texting us! We will be with you shortly., Friday, September 25 2020, 1:20 PM

Message by ‪(530) 404-5268‬: What’s your question?, Friday, September 25 2020, 1:21 PM

Message by You: will you match this deal https://www.grangerford.com/new-ford-bronco.html, Friday, September 25 2020, 1:22 PM

Message by ‪(530) 404-5268‬: So Ford is aware of that dealer and there are a couple others. That goes against the rules of advertising so they may be getting in trouble or lose their bronco reservations for that. Still pending according to our rep. And their ad isn’t legal in California. Even though they’re not from CA. So, no we aren’t matching that. And legally they don’t even know what invoice is so they shouldn’t be saying they will quote under any specific price, Friday, September 25 2020, 1:24 PM

So Ford is aware of that dealer and there are a couple others. That goes against the rules of advertising so they may be getting in trouble or lose their bronco reservations for that. Still pending according to our rep. And their ad isn’t legal in California. Even though they’re not from CA. So, no we aren’t matching that. And legally they don’t even know what invoice is so they shouldn’t be saying they will quote under any specific price
‪(530) 404-5268‬ • 1:24 PM

Message by You: unfortunate. ok thank you for taking the time to respond., Friday, September 25 2020, 1:25 PM

You can place an order through them and if it gets cancelled let us know :)
‪(530) 404-5268‬ • 1:27 PM

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You don' t need to know what Invoice is to say you will beat it... now I will give them that specifically saying $1000 under could be a bit wrong. Say MSPR is only $200 above invoice... (yeah right)... then going 1k under may be a loss.

Regardless, my point being that saying a Percent under invoice is more doable, but if they have gone on record many many many times at $1k under... so regardless... yes you can do it.

And for the record.. they are not advertising in CA.. hell I don't think they are advertising at all... we are doing it all for them :)

I just think CA dealers are haters.. all I can hope for is x-plan invoice and they don't try to screw me over.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gene Dios

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys, we now have a google spreadsheet set up to start building up a list of buyers that want to take part in organizing a group-buy for Northern California. The document outlines our goals and has basic information for people that want to participate. There is also a tab in the doc to track all dealerships. If anyone is interested in contacting some to get answers, that would be great. There are quite a few. I know some of you have already contacted a few dealers, if you want to re-cap I can add details to the doc.

Here is the doc: https://bit.ly/3cAfVjm

This is shared on the other bronco forum and will be on facebook as well so editing is restricted. Please send me your details or add a comment to the doc if you want to join.

Sponsored

BobSlydel21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My rep indicated that there was a regional email discussion regarding the climate over Bronco pricing and sales... it wasn’t a direct, “we all talked...” but the overture was toward a general discussion about Fords announcement and Grangers recent update. He said he already saw the $2000 under invoice 6g article.

General gist is that He indicated they were somehow violating Dealer Agreements. And thought it interesting that it came straight from the owner.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My rep indicated that there was a regional email discussion regarding the climate over Bronco pricing and sales... it wasn’t a direct, “we all talked...” but the overture was toward a general discussion about Fords announcement and Grangers recent update. He said he already saw the $2000 under invoice 6g article.

General gist is that He indicated they were somehow violating Dealer Agreements. And thought it interesting that it came straight from the owner.
Pretty sure a regional email discussing pricing among competitors could actually be illegal price fixing per the federal trade commission.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/com...itrust-laws/dealings-competitors/price-fixing

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered from Zumwalt Ford in St Helena. Waiting to hear back from them on X Pricing and ADM. Have never bought from them, but I am local to the area and have heard great things. Definitely a small town operation.
Hi. How has your experience been with zumwalt? Did you switch? I am contemplating switching... would love your thoughts on zumwalt.

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Phil Waterford ford is unwilling to make any kind of group buy happen. Kinda sad since I had such a good experience when we bought our 150 from them.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OK, for anyone who might have a reservation at Folsom Lake Ford or may be considering one, they just confirmed that they will not honor any pricing plans. My contact stated MSRP and no ADM.

Time for a reservation move!!!!

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OK, for anyone who might have a reservation at Folsom Lake Ford or may be considering one, they just confirmed that they will not honor any pricing plans. My contact stated MSRP and no ADM.

Wow... i swear someone said they wanted to become the Bronco dealer of the area... ain't going to happen with that approach.

That BP needs to come out now so I can confirm with my currently selected dealer.

Bronco21

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Weird, I’ve been I contact with a sales guy there for a few weeks (my reso is there as well), and he said they’d be accepting pricing plans...wonder if they changed their minds.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Weird, I’ve been I contact with a sales guy there for a few weeks (my reso is there as well), and he said they’d be accepting pricing plans...wonder if they changed their minds.
Dunno. I got this in written format and it was made crystal clear, MSRP, no ADFM, no price plans.

So, save yourself the trip from Denver and go elsewhere! Get your reservation changed prior to October 31. Folsom, CA is not Bronco sales friendly.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have it in writing from the E-sales manager at Future Ford Roseville that all Ford discount plans are good and they will honor them if allowed by Ford. Also no ADM or dealer add on’s. This is for reservation holders only. If you need a point of contact ask for Gary Crow.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reservation has been changed away from Folsom Lake Ford to Walnut Creek Ford. In writing assurances with no surprises. Not interested in an out of state deal or additional hoops to save a few bucks here.
Looking forward to the arrival of our new Bronco whenever it happens.
Sponsored