First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have to re-register the vehicle when you get to CA?
As required by the DMV, the vehicle has to be registered in California since you live here. I've had direct conversations w/Granger on any potential hidden fees (incl the famous $500-$1,000 Doc Fee dealers in other states charge) and was told that they only charge the X-Plan $100 Doc Fee and a $45 Temp Registration fee. You will have to pay sales tax and all the related registration fees for Calif. In addition, if you need to finance the vehicle, Granger will only use Ford Credit as the lender due to a Calif based sale, thus if Ford Credit's finance terms are not good, you are screwed and will have to refinance with a Calif lender. You also have to factor in the cost to get to Des Moines. Ia and back as part of the vehicle cost. The red tape is too great for me to save a net few hundred bucks on a car purchase, but these folks are legit and highly thought of.
Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Same - mines at Hilltop as well. I live in Marin, but grew up in the east bay, and thatā€™s where my dad got his Ford and had it serviced, but this was 20+ years ago. Weā€˜ll see.....l
Have you gotten literally any communication from them? I've gotten nothing.

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Tesla Model Y, 2021 Bronco 4D BLSQTCH
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

just this automated one.

Ford Bronco Northern California dealership discussion 7435DC7B-4CA2-4958-AE31-67977038745D
Damn. I didn't even get that. Can't wait to figure out who my final dealer is. Seems like Walnut Creek is in the lead.

bronco38

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee KL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Everyone just wanted to give you an update that I contacted Frontier Ford in San Jose and they confirmed there will be no ADM and will honor x-plan ā€œif availableā€ - they have about 4.3 Stars on Google with 1K+ review so could be a solid option for those in the South Bay

QUESTION - Hasnā€™t Ford made it well known that X-plan will be available?

Am I missing something or does this forum know more than dealers once again lol

Ford Bronco Northern California dealership discussion 429A3952-EDE6-49A1-84E6-D7A4D3DD3CDE

Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Everyone just wanted to give you an update that I contacted Frontier Ford in San Jose and they confirmed there will be no ADM and will honor x-plan ā€œif availableā€ - they have about 4.3 Stars on Google with 1K+ review so could be a solid option for those in the South Bay

QUESTION - Hasnā€™t Ford made it well known that X-plan will be available?

Am I missing something or does this forum know more than dealers once again lol

Ford Bronco Northern California dealership discussion 429A3952-EDE6-49A1-84E6-D7A4D3DD3CDE
Mike Levine confirmed that Ford would honor X Plan Pricing on his twitter.

Ford Bronco Northern California dealership discussion 1597429186028

SlamForce

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST, 2007 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Towne Ford in Redwood City has also confirmed no ADM, price will be MSRP. They said they could not confirm X plan pricing yet.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I also received an honest reply from Lithia Ford in Fresno that they will not be honoring X-Plan, thus that may also mean they may not honor MSRP either. Nothing but crickets on my email sent 2 weeks ago to Future Ford in Clovis which leads me to believe they will not honor X-Plan as the other Future Ford stores have indicated in other posts that they will not honor X-Plan as well

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a related topic I am currently not a member of the Mustang Cub of America but plan on joining to try to take advantage of the X plan pricing benefit. Itā€™s not like I donā€™t own a Mustang since I do have a 68, but I have never joined MCA. Is anyone else planning on using their MCA x plan benefit if it is eligible? I noticed that the MCA has removed the functionality of their online membership applications and you now Are required to have to mail in a hard copy application. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s in response to an influx of people joining in order to take advantage of this benefit.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On a related topic I am currently not a member of the Mustang Cub of America but plan on joining to try to take advantage of the X plan pricing benefit. Itā€™s not like I donā€™t own a Mustang since I do have a 68, but I have never joined MCA. Is anyone else planning on using their MCA x plan benefit if it is eligible? I noticed that the MCA has removed the functionality of their online membership applications and you now Are required to have to mail in a hard copy application. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s in response to an influx of people joining in order to take advantage of this benefit.
We believe the mail-in is a direct response to all of the memberships being generated. MCA membership is eligible for X-Plan after 60 days of being a member

Sponsored

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@bronco38 I believe that dealership is incorrect. As Mike Levine tweeted, its eligible. I've confirmed with Walnut Creek and Marin Ford that X-Plan pricing can be used on the Broncos.

bronco38

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee KL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the heads up all - Iā€™ll contact them back and ask for them to explain the discrepancy.

Pretty easy proof when other dealers have confirmed as well as the Ford NA Product Communications Manager (M. Levine)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@bronco38 I believe that dealership is incorrect. As Mike Levine tweeted, its eligible. I've confirmed with Walnut Creek and Marin Ford that X-Plan pricing can be used on the Broncos.
Think we are pretty confident that x plan will be offered (except for fe), but we also believe that dealers can choose NOT to follow it... bad business, but it's America after all.

zconner1

Badlands
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thinking of changing my reservation to Granger. I am a Nebraska boy who is now living in Northern California. Been kinda disappointed in the dealers out here. The Ford Store in Morgan Hill which is near me has no ADM and honors X-Plan (which i qualify for) but is $450 over invoice and gave me really poor offers for my trade in's (2009 all stock Jeep Rubicon & a 50th anniversary edition Mini Cooper Camden) both of which i can get way more money from private party sale (and even significantly more on Carvana). Anybody have suggestion for San Jose area before I head back to the midwest????

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thinking of changing my reservation to Granger. I am a Nebraska boy who is now living in Northern California. Been kinda disappointed in the dealers out here. The Ford Store in Morgan Hill which is near me has no ADM and honors X-Plan (which i qualify for) but is $450 over invoice and gave me really poor offers for my trade in's (2009 all stock Jeep Rubicon & a 50th anniversary edition Mini Cooper Camden) both of which i can get way more money from private party sale (and even significantly more on Carvana). Anybody have suggestion for San Jose area before I head back to the midwest????
If you're willing to come up to Walnut Creek? Give Shahram Tavakol at Walnut Creek Ford a call. Maybe you can work out a deal with Shahram.
Sponsored